What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindko speakers are not Pushtoons...
If somebody says that,they are either ashamed of their origins or lying...
Some tribes have Pathan descent,but arent pure pushtoons,i am not one of them..
Hazara is a word from turkish language...it means a thousand soldiers..
Thousand soldiers of turkish origin took refuge in the area now called Hazara....in the times of Alexander..
Most people of Hazara are from that and other mixed origins...
Save for Tanolis of the mountains surrounding turbela dam..they have more pushtoon blood and many are bilingual...speaking Pushto and hindko..
Towards east of Abbotabad,its pure hindko area,with language changing from hindko,to Pahari hindko to Kashmiri...

My ethnic origin is not important here...facts are important..
The fact is that many Pushtoons have soft spot towards Taliban and Afghan refugees on linguistic and ethnic ground..
Just because taliban of sawat and tribal areas are pushtoons,many pushtoons choose to support them,and that is fact.

I must appreciate you on the bold part. By rules among Nationalists it was forbidden for us to even refer to our ethnic group but later on i noticed it was quite pointless and didn't have any affect as a person's origin could be judged easily by his hometown or his language. It was considered a means to beat racism but most of us broke the law anyway. There was no sword hanging anyway. But the thing is it is impossible for this to work... and people are naturally racist by nature. Its a mindset we have adopted. It basically played a part in me learning Pashto and some other languages so it would be difficult to gauge but the problem is not for me or you Safriz. Its for people who take race too seriously and do consider it important

But you can't start blaming all Pashtuns. Its very easy to fall into this trap. My friend is a pure Pashtun but he has this unexplained dislike of the Mahsuds (tribe) increasing day by day with the progress of the war on terror. His mother is from Buner and he claims Mahsuds are involved in crime and looting there. But this is a wrong approach.

This is a very wrong approach and in my paper on ethnic tensions I plan to give reasons why this can be the cause of more trouble. Events such as these in the past have been the arrest of Baloch leaders by ZAB, arrest of Mujib Ur Rehman iby Yahya and killing of Bugti by Musharraf, all of which have exacerbated tensions.

You may have interactions with more Pushtoons than me, but the general Pushtoon population here in these parts has a good chunk of anti-military folks, though not pro-Taliban. (discounting laborers and other people of the like, I haven't really interacted with them enough to say anything about that)
I am a Khattak Pushtoon.I agree that some people are against the military folks.But that does not apply to the majority of Pushtun population.I am a die hard supporter of the Military.My late uncle was in the army and became POW in 71 who fought for this country.My brother in law is in the air force and flying sorties against these scumbags.One of my relative is present Lt.Gen in GHQ.I am proud to say that i have relatives in all the branches of Pakistan military be it Army,Air force,Navy,FC and the ISI.My grandfather fought along many Pushtoons from my tribe in the Kashmir war.Even right now my cousin husband who is a Col is deployed in the trible area.One of my relative was a roommate of Field marshal Ayub khan.I have so many relatives who already served in the military and are still serving.In my family to serve in the military is considered very respectful.Please don't count us with those few.In every country and culture there are people who support something and who are against.Majority of Pushtoon population is Pro Military.You can clearly see that in the Military.If i am not wrong Pushtoons are the second largest group in the our Military.How can we be against the Military when my own village is the home of Pakistan army SSG.I mean Cherat.Our children grow up with their defenders and want to be like them.

I must appreciate you on the bold part. By rules among Nationalists it was forbidden for us to even refer to our ethnic group but later on i noticed it was quite pointless and didn't have any affect as a person's origin could be judged easily by his hometown or his language. It was considered a means to beat racism but most of us broke the law anyway. There was no sword hanging anyway. But the thing is it is impossible for this to work... and people are naturally racist by nature. Its a mindset we have adopted. It basically played a part in me learning Pashto and some other languages so it would be difficult to gauge but the problem is not for me or you Safriz. Its for people who take race too seriously and do consider it important

But you can't start blaming all Pashtuns. Its very easy to fall into this trap. My friend is a pure Pashtun but he has this unexplained dislike of the Mahsuds (tribe) increasing day by day with the progress of the war on terror. His mother is from Buner and he claims Mahsuds are involved in crime and looting there. But this is a wrong approach.

This is a very wrong approach and in my paper on ethnic tensions I plan to give reasons why this can be the cause of more trouble. Events such as these in the past have been the arrest of Baloch leaders by ZAB, arrest of Mujib Ur Rehman iby Yahya and killing of Bugti by Musharraf, all of which have exacerbated tensions.

There is Patriotism and there is Racism...
Patriotism raises Japan from the ashes of atomic bomb and makes it one of the most civilized and prosperous nations on planet...
Racism creates Ruwanda hutu vs tutsi genocide which killed more people in a few days than an atomic bomb...

Choose carefully...Patriot or racist..

I am a Khattak Pushtoon.I agree that some people are against the military folks.But that does not apply to the majority of Pushtun population.I am a die hard supporter of the Military.My late uncle was in the army and became POW in 71 who fought for this country.My brother in law is in the air force and flying sorties against these scumbags.One of my relative is present Lt.Gen in GHQ.I am proud to say that i have relatives in all the branches of Pakistan military be it Army,Air force,Navy,FC and the ISI.My grandfather fought along many Pushtoons from my tribe in the Kashmir war.Even right now my cousin husband who is a Col is deployed in the trible area.One of my relative was a roommate of Field marshal Ayub khan.I have so many relatives who already served in the military and are still serving.In my family to serve in the military is considered very respectful.Please don't count us with those few.In every country and culture there are people who support something and who are against.Majority of Pushtoon population is Pro Military.You can clearly see that in the Military.If i am not wrong Pushtoons are the second largest group in the our Military.How can we be against the Military when my own village is the home of Pakistan army SSG.I mean Cherat.Our children grow up with their defenders and want to be like them.

dera manana rora

thank you to your uncle for his service to the Nation. Bless him and people like him.

and yes, the Army of Pakistan is highly reflective of the society as a whole --as they themselves are the sons and product of the Nation they serve. Second largest ethnic group in Pakistan is Pakhtuns and second largest group in Army is the same.

and to address the point about Pashtuns and taleban --- well in Afghanistan because of the factionalization of society people ended up supporting or backing factions simply because they represented them on ethnic based level.....so basically you had a situation where even if a tribe is anti taleban because of their conservative nature and political views --even then he will still support taleban because they are Pashtuns mostly and they are worried about unjust rule by other rival war lord factions (led by the other groups in Afghanistan)

so the language and culture does play a role here.....but the thing is, as the nation has suffered incredibly past few years and many people of tribal areas as well as settled areas of Mardan, Khyber, Peshawar etc. were left without family members because of bomb blasts....there is a lot of anger towards TTP/taleban types as well.

Pashtuns as a people are not politically on the same page anyways....you have seculars, moderates, hard-liners etc (like any other group)

@Safriz : Something tells me that you're not a Hindko speaking Pashtun from the Hazara region ! :undecided:

I live in abbotabad for past 6 years and i like hazarewal people , they are the most lovely people who can co-exist with any one. Tehrik soba hazara did caused anger and hostilities towards ANP and KPK but it never led to anti-pakhtun sentiments. I think safriz has spent too much time in U.k
Any how i have to clearify one thing, those hindko speaking pathans of hazara do not considered themeselves pashtuns like us, they consider their identity hazarewal and are at the most voices of hindko and hazara nationalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Pak army give you 'taliban pill' or what?
For Afghans understandable..their country was attacked by USSR and later by Americans so the went militant AKA taliban.
But why Pakistani tribal pashtoons and sawati pushtoons went militant is unjustifiable.
Btw...'sach karwaa hots hai'.
More to come.

plus pashtons were that type before. its there culture. before fighting rissia and now america were these people using guns??

Hindko speakers are not Pushtoons...
If somebody says that,they are either ashamed of their origins or lying...
Some tribes have Pathan descent,but arent pure pushtoons,i am not one of them..
Hazara is a word from turkish language...it means a thousand soldiers..
Thousand soldiers of turkish origin took refuge in the area now called Hazara....in the times of Alexander..
Most people of Hazara are from that and other mixed origins...
Save for Tanolis of the mountains surrounding turbela dam..they have more pushtoon blood and many are bilingual...speaking Pushto and hindko..
Towards east of Abbotabad,its pure hindko area,with language changing from hindko,to Pahari hindko to Kashmiri...

My ethnic origin is not important here...facts are important..
The fact is that many Pushtoons have soft spot towards Taliban and Afghan refugees on linguistic and ethnic ground..
Just because taliban of sawat and tribal areas are pushtoons,many pushtoons choose to support them,and that is fact.

No matter what picture picture you want to display pathan tribes like jadoon, tareen , tanoli etc are considered elite of this region and have higher social status than non-pathans.

@Monkey D Luffy, why are you in a pakistani forum go to pashtun or afghan, get lost

Let go of it bro.
We had a heated debate,but thats that...
No offence taken,no offence intended..
Lets move on.
We are all Pakistanis and we love our country...end of.

I am not arguing with you any further..
You can feel proud of your racism if you want.and look down at others specially the panjabayan....
Bye.

itni jaldi nahi, you have to apologize for antipakhtun comments or i am going to report you.

@Monkey D Luffy, why are you in a pakistani forum go to pashtun or afghan, get lost

you want to say that a pakhtun has no place in a pakistani forum?

plus pashtons were that type before. its there culture. before fighting rissia and now america were these people using guns??

Yes guns is part of our life since british times, but its upon you to use it for good purpose or bad. If talibans are doing so because according people like [/Mention]Safriz[/Mention] they are pashtuns then people should also note that almost every tribe went against talibans with armed lashkars according to pakhtunwali, some succeeded, some failed. E.g in swat and waziristan talibans succeeded, while in buner, dir and lakki marwat qaumi lashkars defeated talibans.
Talibans as an ideology is against pakhtun way of life, both in afghanistan and pakistan they are against jirga, pakhtunwali, pashto music, sports and dance.

you want to say that a pakhtun has no place in a pakistani forum?

the country pakistan doesnt suit you, even if you are a pakistani, atleast go and enjoy your time in pashtun only forums

i would prefer an enemy over a pakistani like you, you arnt a pakistan

go take your pakhtunkhwa land to your afghani land you retard dimwit bigot

kashmiris/baltistani/punjabis/sindhis/balochis/saraikis dont even want to see your bigot face, get the hell out of here

With your logic, you should get lost and go to Indian forums assuming that your forefather's came from India

saale apni auqaat tune dekhade naa, na ghar ka na ghat ka

you are the dumbest most retard idiot guy i have seen in this entire forum, am i the one who is behaving anti pakistani here??

people from india came to build pakistan you are living in today you retard, you guys got the free fund money whille our parents sacrificed to come to pakistan and build this country

the country pakistan doesnt suit you, even if you are a pakistani, atleast go and enjoy your time in pashtun only forums

i would prefer an enemy over a pakistani like you, you arnt a pakistan

go take your pakhtunkhwa land to your afghani land you retard dimwit bigot

kashmiris/baltistani/punjabis/sindhis/balochis/saraikis dont even want to see your bigot face, get the hell out of here

Act like a civilized man, dont resort to personal attacks.

With your logic, you should get lost and go to Indian forums assuming that your forefather's came from India

Thats where i have to praise India and Indians.
60 years ago millions of Hindus and sikhs indigenous to Pakistan migrated to India,and they never ever got taunted for migrating to India..
While in Pakistan 60 years on we have people like you.

Did Pak army give you 'taliban pill' or what?
For Afghans understandable..their country was attacked by USSR and later by Americans so the went militant AKA taliban.
But why Pakistani tribal pashtoons and sawati pushtoons went militant is unjustifiable.
Btw...'sach karwaa hots hai'.
More to come.

you are aware that TTP and the sectarian groups like LeJ, SeS recruit a lot of their men from the South Punjab heartland as well, right?

it's a broader issue we are dealing with here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom