What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TaimiKhan : Taimi Bhai, this again raises a pertinent question in my mind - These people don't look like a bunch of religion infused nut-jobs...they're good...they're pretty darn good ! Where are they getting all that training & direction from ?

They had professional level of military planning and the tatoo guy was their coordinator...was found with communication equipment no weapons..

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not religious nut jobs, but they have been brain washed with religious stuff by religious nut jobs, they are just the pawns, foot soldiers, commanding them are different people.

They mostly get their training in tribal areas as well as in areas across the border, weapons & cash mostly comes from across the border and their handlers are local as well as coming from across the border. Its a complex game.

Whats the view about the locals of those areas ? The most affected - the Pashtun belt ?

I ask this because my Dad visited Hayatabad a few weeks ago & no matter who he talked to (University Professors to the Cab Driver) - People were ardently Anti-Army/FC & sympathizing with the Taliban.

I've got a 90 something Bajauri Tribal as a friend here in Lahore (owns a shop in the market near my place) & he & the other Pashtuns who visit his shop are convinced that the Establishment is doing this deliberately to find a cause to go into North Waziristan, to prolong this war further & mint more American dollars.

I think there are many Punjabis in these areas who parallel those thoughts...perhaps more so than the Pashtuns but what surprised me so much is that 'the Pashtun belt' is the most affected...by far the most affected area. No one has given greater sacrifices for Pakistan & Pakistan's War on Terror, in the past 10 years, than the people of KPK & FATA have & yet there appears to be an impression that the FC, the Army, the Tribal Lashkars - all of whom are predominantly Pashtun - are sellouts fighting a mercenary war & that the TTP are in the 'right' ! I could understand a Punjabi or a Sindhi being hundreds of Kms away from the front-line being fooled by the 'religious nutjobs' but how could someone right there in the midst of all of this accept such a narrative ?

And I do apologize if I offended you in any way by explicitly mentioning the 'Pashtuns' ! I have nothing but love & admiration for the Pashtun race & I am unequivocally certain that Pakistani Pashtuns have given the most sacrifices for this country above & beyond what their country had a right to ask of them; whether in '48 or in the past 10 years.

I just find it perplexing that those who're dying & fighting on the front-line too would be deluded into believing that the boys who are being butchered for their safety by the TTP are the 'real enemy'.

Whats the view about the locals of those areas ? The most affected - the Pashtun belt ?

I ask this because my Dad visited Hayatabad a few weeks ago & no matter who he talked to (University Professors to the Cab Driver) - People were ardently Anti-Army/FC & sympathizing with the Taliban.

I've got a 90 something Bajauri Tribal as a friend here in Lahore (owns a shop in the market near my place) & he & the other Pashtuns who visit his shop are convinced that the Establishment is doing this deliberately to find a cause to go into North Waziristan, to prolong this war further & mint more American dollars.

I think there are many Punjabis in these areas who parallel those thoughts...perhaps more so than the Pashtuns but what surprised me so much is that 'the Pashtun belt' is the most affected...by far the most affected area. No one has given greater sacrifices for Pakistan & Pakistan's War on Terror, in the past 10 years, than the people of KPK & FATA have & yet there appears to be an impression that the FC, the Army, the Tribal Lashkars - all of whom are predominantly Pashtun - are sellouts fighting a mercenary war & that the TTP are in the 'right' ! I could understand a Punjabi or a Sindhi being hundreds of Kms away from the front-line being fooled by the 'religious nutjobs' but how could someone right there in the midst of all of this accept such a narrative ?

And I do apologize if I offended you in any way by explicitly mentioning the 'Pashtuns' ! I have nothing but love & admiration for the Pashtun race & I am unequivocally certain that Pakistani Pashtuns have given the most sacrifices for this country above & beyond what their country had a right to ask of them; whether in '48 or in the past 10 years.

I just find it perplexing that those who're dying & fighting on the front-line too would be deluded into believing that the boys who are being butchered for their safety by the TTP are the 'real enemy'.

I and many living here in Peshawar dont agree to the bold part.. Dont spread fake news. I dont know what kind of people your dad met..

Pushtun's never were nor will be against Pak Army..Although they do have soft spot for Afghan Taliban..Its because ALL Taliban are pushtoons but a bit misguided.

They are not religious nut jobs, but they have been brain washed with religious stuff by religious nut jobs, they are just the pawns, foot soldiers, commanding them are different people.

They mostly get their training in tribal areas as well as in areas across the border, weapons & cash mostly comes from across the border and their handlers are local as well as coming from across the border. Its a complex game.

taimi bhai i said this in earlier posts as well but we have some friends opposed and i stayed out.
but what is my view.

1. the takferi idiology is used against pakistan (the most important part)
2. get young blood who cant think they are brainwashed and then used. most of the time in suicide they use drugs or something.
3. this all thing is used by our enemies (we all know who)
4. funded and trained in S.W or Afghanistan.

i came to discuss with some of them (on face book)
they use idiology of takfer. they say you all are kafirs and because you people support americans. they kill innocent muslims. and pak army protect americans blackwater who work against pakistan so it is important to kill the person who is protecting the enemy.

Well, my home shook like hell. All the three explosions were terrifying, 1st one was the worst, 2nd less worse and 3rd one was least powerful of all. First two were car explosions and 3rd one was some anti tank mine one.

The first one seems to be a attempt to breech the wall, and they did break it, but something wrong happened for them.

Seems like they wanted to spread some commotion first, then take advantage of the confusion of the first 5-10 minutes, and proceed forward in two teams (just like Kamra).

Plan went wrong somewhere, and the second party sought refuge in a under construction building, which was later cleared in the morning.

And, one of the PAF asset flew for more then 4-5 hours to coordinate the operation during night time

Yeah, one of my friends told me the same, so did Leader report in a post in this thread that a C-130 is flying overhead.

Pushtun's never were nor will be against Pak Army....

Come here to Dubai, and I will show you atleast 10 people with anti-army sentiment, opposing Lal Masjid, Swat op and every other thing. One guy is a MSc!!

We are unlikely to get rid of terrorism menace anytime soon..
What can be done is increase level of preparedness..
This time round hats off to security forces including the Police...
Well done.

I and many living here in Peshawar dont agree to the bold part.. Dont spread fake news. I dont know what kind of people your dad met..

Pushtun's never were nor will be against Pak Army..Although they do have soft spot for Afghan Taliban..Its because ALL Taliban are pushtoons but a bit misguided.

i dont discuss this with people. one of my frnd had the same thinking as armstrong mentioned but when i gave him reasons behind all this he was convinced that this is wrong. (dont know he said it only before me)

Come here to Dubai, and I will show you atleast 10 people with anti-army sentiment, opposing Lal Masjid, Swat op and every other thing. One guy is a MSc!!

I am a Pushtoon, I know more than you and I myself am MSc from Glasgow.Believe me now.

i dont discuss this with people. one of my frnd had the same thinking as armstrong mentioned but when i gave him reasons behind all this he was convinced that this is wrong. (dont know he said it only before me)

I live my whole life here in Peshawar, I have met some people who are anti Army in 28 years of my life but doesnt make All pushtun's the same..maybe 2 or 3% of whole pushtun's. By pushtun's i mean from Fata and KPK not Afghanistan..

I am a Pushtoon, I know more than you and I myself am MSc from Glasgow.

You may have interactions with more Pushtoons than me, but the general Pushtoon population here in these parts has a good chunk of anti-military folks, though not pro-Taliban. (discounting laborers and other people of the like, I haven't really interacted with them enough to say anything about that)

but what i asume is a bit change. they have soft spot for talibans because of islam. i talked to few and their replies were same. but they have soft spot for afghan taliban nor t.t.p.

You may have interactions with more Pushtoons than me, but the general Pushtoon population here in these parts has a good chunk of anti-military folks, though not pro-Taliban. (discounting laborers and other people of the like, I haven't really interacted with them enough to say anything about that)

I dont know on what basis Pushtun will be anti FC/ Army when most of FC and Army deployed are Pushtun's. As i said we also do have a soft spot for Talibans.

Although TTP is a bit pain in the A**.

I am a Pushtoon, I know more than you and I myself am MSc from Glasgow.Believe me now.

I live my whole life here in Peshawar, I have met some people who are anti Army in 28 years of my life but doesnt make All pushtun's the same..maybe 2 or 3% of whole pushtun's. By pushtun's i mean from Fata and KPK not Afghanistan..

i am in peshawar. and i said few. ... :)

I'm sorry if I offended you ! I am not anti-Pashtun or anything like it; on the contrary you'd find me to be one of the more Pro-Pashtun people both on PDF & in real life.

Mine was an honest question & no my Dad did meet those people & I met others as well. My question was aimed at understanding what the sentiments of the people over there are because I naturally have a limited interaction with Pashtuns (a few dozen at most).

Are the people of KPK & the Tribal Areas on board with the Army & the FC on Our War on Terror ? Or do you also have people, like we do, who think that jihad against the army is justified because its fighting America's War on Terror or at the very least have a subtle sympathetic view of the TTP.

I ask this is because one of the Khan Sahibs I asked said to me - Amreekiii agaiii seh maartaaa hai, Pakistani fauj peeecheiiii siii maartiii *an allusion to the Drone bombing from Afghanistan whereas the PAF bombing militant hideouts from mainland Pakistan*

I'm sorry if I offended you ! I am not anti-Pashtun or anything like it; on the contrary you'd find me to be one of the more Pro-Pashtun people both on PDF & in real life.

Mine was an honest question & no my Dad did meet those people & I met others as well. My question was aimed at understanding what the sentiments of the people over there are because I naturally have a limited interaction with Pashtuns (a few dozen at most).

Are the people of KPK & the Tribal Areas on board with the Army & the FC on Our War on Terror ? Or do you also have people, like we do, who think that jihad against the army is justified because its fighting America's War on Terror or at the very least have a subtle sympathetic view of the TTP.

I ask this is because one of the Khan Sahibs I asked said to me - Amreekiii agaiii seh maartaaa hai, Pakistani fauj peeecheiiii siii maartiii *an allusion to the Drone bombing from Afghanistan whereas the PAF bombing militant hideouts from mainland Pakistan*

No offence taken..
As I said not every one has the same thoughts, but believe me there is a large chunk which are pro Army..
Yeah we do have difference like why not stop drones attacks, but we also know that its the Old American way to provoke people to destroy their own country..To get a civil war...etc
Paf are bombing the misguided taliban..Not normal civilians.
Oh bhae yea konsa khan sahib tha,,,peeechee ka phir be koe matlab banta hai magar agay seyy??Mard tha wo???:)

All i want to say is that dont blame a whole organisation for a single man bad decision..We are sitting relaxed on our couches near heaters and then will go to sleep in our beds while there are soldiers which are standing on cold siachen heights, Pakistani borders without pillow, couches heater making sure nothing goes wrong..Why would we be against those men who keep us safe..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom