What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm......pashtuns were not always against pak army, they begin to dislike pak army when it started army operations in their areas which resulted in large civilian causaulties. Infact bombardment from a PAF jet kill more civilians than precise drones. These anti-pak army sentiments are strong only in those pashtun areas where army operations were carried out.

Can someone please summarize all the points of the event that have been made public? Would be great.

Hmmm......pashtuns were not always against pak army, they begin to dislike pak army when it started army operations in their areas which resulted in large civilian causaulties. Infact bombardment from a PAF jet kill more civilians than precise drones. These anti-pak army sentiments are strong only in those pashtun areas where army operations were carried out.

It is a fact that all illegal ammunitions and drugs are made and sold in tribal areas , thats pushtoon..
Then 90% taliban and TTP are pushtoon,most suocide bombers had pushtoon facial features..
Most insurgencies arise in Pushtoon areas..
Still dont know why Pak army and airforce launch operations in pushtoon areas?
I have to admire your IQ-

For my Love Pakistan..........:cry:

قمیص دي سوړي سوړي را و ړ و
چي کمه سوړه دي ګنډم جړا رازی نه

comon yar thats not fair.
baloch people say samething. MQM people say this. Pashtoons say this. Army has to do its job. when ever existence of the nation is in danger army have to take action be it MQM Balochs Sindhi's Pashtoons.

comon yar thats not fair.
baloch people say samething. MQM people say this. Pashtoons say this. Army has to do its job. when ever existence of the nation is in danger army have to take action be it MQM Balochs Sindhi's Pashtoons.

Yar muje samjanay ka kia faida? Suffer tu wo log howay hain jinn k ilaqou may operations howain hain. Our case is different, it was Pak army who made us talibans and jihadis and now the same army is killing us for being talibans. We are confused and we dont know why we are getting killed, it confuses us further that pak army still supports "good talibans", we are being used as cannon fodder...why every pashtun should be a great fan of pak army?

It is a fact that all illegal ammunitions and drugs are made and sold in tribal areas , thats pushtoon..
Then 90% taliban and TTP are pushtoon,most suocide bombers had pushtoon facial features..

If wonder if @Oscar would take some action against you? I doubt it. So i am not reporting your post, its useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yar muje samjanay ka kia faida? Suffer tu wo log howay hain jinn k ilaqou may operations howain hain. Our case is different, it was Pak army who made us talibans and jihadis and now the same army is killing us for being talibans. We are confused and we dont know why we are getting killed, it confuses us further that pak army still supports "good talibans", we are being used as cannon fodder...why every pashtun should be a great fan of pak army?

Luffy thats exactly the kind of response I got through my interactions with Pashtuns & at that Tribal Pashtuns, hence my question !

If wonder if @Oscar would take some action against you? I doubt it. So i am not reporting your post, its useless.

Did Pak army give you 'taliban pill' or what?
For Afghans understandable..their country was attacked by USSR and later by Americans so the went militant AKA taliban.
But why Pakistani tribal pashtoons and sawati pushtoons went militant is unjustifiable.
Btw...'sach karwaa hots hai'.
More to come.

Have to agree with Luffy's post here despite my opposition to him.

The people I have talked to, to get a feel of the situation in Waziristan and Swat for my book Badal have confirmed Luffy's statement. People blame the army partly or wholly. Airstrikes and artillery strikes have killed many civilians and there are claims army isn't striking at Taliban, even locations pointed out by local people.

A contact confirms that the situation has in some cases gone so far that Pashtunistan billboards were seen in Buner. We create people worse than Luffy with our mistakes. 1980's has turned out to be the greatest foreign policy disaster in the history of Pakistan.

You may have interactions with more Pushtoons than me, but the general Pushtoon population here in these parts has a good chunk of anti-military folks, though not pro-Taliban. (discounting laborers and other people of the like, I haven't really interacted with them enough to say anything about that)

Living in UAE for a bit... I have no confirmation of what you say. The Pashtuns I see in Dubai.... damn patriotic. But the abuse in Dubai against Pashtuns is very widespread. Its our attitudes that push us into the arms of the ANP.

Have to agree with Luffy's post here despite my opposition to him.

The people I have talked to, to get a feel of the situation in Waziristan and Swat for my book Badal have confirmed Luffy's statement. People blame the army partly or wholly. Airstrikes and artillery strikes have killed many civilians and there are claims army isn't striking at Taliban, even locations pointed out by local people.

A contact confirms that the situation has in some cases gone so far that Pashtunistan billboards were seen in Buner. We create people worse than Luffy with our mistakes. 1980's has turned out to be the greatest foreign policy disaster in the history of Pakistan.

Living in UAE for a bit... I have no confirmation of what you say. The Pashtuns I see in Dubai.... damn patriotic. But the abuse in Dubai against Pashtuns is very widespread. Its our attitudes that push us into the arms of the ANP.
Pushtoonistan exists and its called 'Afghanistan'.. Look at the state of the country..

What you are saying is 'rumour mill' without any evidence..
Needless to say that most of FC and much of Pak army themselves are Pushtoons.....why would they do Pushtoon genocide?
If people are harboring terrorists in their houses and Pak army fires artillary at that house..its not Pak army's fault...
More soldiers die from the hands of tribal pushtoons than anywhere else in the country..

@Safriz : Something tells me that you're not a Hindko speaking Pashtun from the Hazara region ! :undecided:

I don't think its befitting for a Jr member of think-tank to be part of this kind of post.

Also its far different when a member of a race condemns his own race as I have done with Muhajirs and our support to MQM numerous times, particularly Altaf's speech which is treason. But even I haven't ventured far in condemning Pashtuns, my adopted race because there is always the impression that an outsider is condemning someone else which a bigot can use very effectively for propaganda means. Even though I can pass off as a Pashtun if I want.

In short Safriz, leave the comments about Pashtuns to Pashtuns, especially if these comments have a racist touch to them and take a broader perspective and think about Pakistan and don't become a part of the ethnic issue in our country which already is a huge problem.

I usually post this when someone posts stuff that is problematic. Its part of a poem by Pashtun poet Rehman Baba translated to English:

Sow flowers so your surroundings become a garden
Don't sow thorns; for they will prick your feet
If you shoot arrows at others,
Know that the same arrow will come back to hit you.
Don't dig a well in another's path,
In case you come to the wells edge

Its our job to win Pashtuns that are alienated over, not exacerbate ethnic tensions. Luffy takes offense at even a slight insult. You can't say anything even about Afghans because thats where the chest-thumping starts.
@Oscar, @MastanKhan I support Luffy on this one. Maybe he is a hopeless racist but lets make sure we don't turn another into one (these type of comments may hurt some Pashtuns). I would like PDF stepping up its efforts on stopping posts that have the capability to start an ethnic war on this forum and Safriz, a think tank member making comments like these is not helping... give him a briefing about the ethnic issue or something...

There is a saying:
loose guns can cause damage.

@Safriz : Something tells me that you're not a Hindko speaking Pashtun from the Hazara region ! :undecided:

Hindko speakers are not Pushtoons...
If somebody says that,they are either ashamed of their origins or lying...
Some tribes have Pathan descent,but arent pure pushtoons,i am not one of them..
Hazara is a word from turkish language...it means a thousand soldiers..
Thousand soldiers of turkish origin took refuge in the area now called Hazara....in the times of Alexander..
Most people of Hazara are from that and other mixed origins...
Save for Tanolis of the mountains surrounding turbela dam..they have more pushtoon blood and many are bilingual...speaking Pushto and hindko..
Towards east of Abbotabad,its pure hindko area,with language changing from hindko,to Pahari hindko to Kashmiri...

My ethnic origin is not important here...facts are important..
The fact is that many Pushtoons have soft spot towards Taliban and Afghan refugees on linguistic and ethnic ground..
Just because taliban of sawat and tribal areas are pushtoons,many pushtoons choose to support them,and that is fact.

I don't think its befitting for a Jr member of think-tank to be part of this kind of post.

Also its far different when a member of a race condemns his own race as I have done with Muhajirs and our support to MQM numerous times, particularly Altaf's speech which is treason. But even I haven't ventured far in condemning Pashtuns, my adopted race because there is always the impression that an outsider is condemning someone else which a bigot can use very effectively for propaganda means. Even though I can pass off as a Pashtun if I want.

In short Safriz, leave the comments about Pashtuns to Pashtuns, especially if these comments have a racist touch to them and take a broader perspective and think about Pakistan and don't become a part of the ethnic issue in our country which already is a huge problem.

I usually post this when someone posts stuff that is problematic. Its part of a poem by Pashtun poet Rehman Baba translated to English:

Sow flowers so your surroundings become a garden
Don't sow thorns; for they will prick your feet
If you shoot arrows at others,
Know that the same arrow will come back to hit you.
Don't dig a well in another's path,
In case you come to the wells edge

Its our job to win Pashtuns that are alienated over, not exacerbate ethnic tensions. Luffy takes offense at even a slight insult. You can't say anything even about Afghans because thats where the chest-thumping starts.
@Oscar, @MastanKhan I support Luffy on this one. Maybe he is a hopeless racist but lets make sure we don't turn another into one. I would like PDF stepping up its efforts on stopping posts that have the capability to start an ethnic war on this forum and Safriz, a think tank member making comments like these is not helping... give him a briefing about the ethnic issue or something...

There is a saying:
loose guns can cause damage.

I have an enmity against tribal mentality..
There is no justification of taking sides with militants just because they are from certain ethnic origin or speak a certain language...
Branding Pak army's operation against militants as anti pushtoon is wrong and yes i have a problem with such mentality..
If people have the audacity to support militants and mass murderers bacause they belong to their own ethnicity or language..
Have the courage of listening to counter argument without getting offended.

Pushtoonistan exists and its called 'Afghanistan'.. Look at the state of the country..

What you are saying is 'rumour mill' without any evidence..
Needless to say that most of FC and much of Pak army themselves are Pushtoons.....why would they do Pushtoon genocide?
If people are harboring terrorists in their houses and Pak army fires artillary at that house..its not Pak army's fault...
More soldiers die from the hands of tribal pushtoons than anywhere else in the country..

Safriz, there is no harm in accepting a problem when one exists. My knowledge is based on interviews. The ones in the Nationalists don't feel there is a problem at all and it is incorrect to say that these are the only people but among friends and members of Nationalist groups I have noticed a far different attitude when compared to that of those interviewed.

Feel sympathy for them rather than blaming the average Pashtun. Millions are out of their own land because of operations which have failed to root out the taliban who carry out attack after attack. All 3 provinces except Punjab are on fire... expressing sympathy strengthens Pakistan, not weakens it.
@Armstrong Lets find out? :D

Safriz, talo Pakhto razi? تاس ې د كوم ځاي ياست؟

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom