What's new

Pentagon expects continuation of healthy relationship with Pakistan armed forces

Pakistan just needs a helping hand in setting up trade opportunities. Surely the US can assist with friendlies to offer FTA agreements.

Someone has straightened out the confusion about Pakistan in Pentagon and confirmed any perception they may have regarding the regime change and punishing IK after his visit to Russia. Even though all stakeholders were on board with this decision, it was unfortunate that the Ukrainian war began on the same day that he visited, but now, the US is not inspired to see a negative reaction from the entire country over the regime change and wants to regret the choice he made with Ik.

6ciosk.jpg

FPSfNxXWUAgvf6s.jpg
Please don't insult the hard working people who shine shoes. These thieves are not fit to wipe the as5 of a shoe shiner

Pakistan just needs a helping hand in setting up trade opportunities. Surely the US can assist with friendlies to offer FTA agreements.
No we need to stay away from America.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby has said the United States had a "healthy military-to-military relationship with Pakistani armed forces", adding that "we have every expectation that will be able to continue to be the case".

The comments from the senior Pentagon official come two days after Shehbaz Sharif was elected as the prime minister of Pakistan, replacing Imran Khan who was ousted last week through a parliament vote.

In a press briefing on Tuesday, Kirby said the US had shared interests with Pakistan with respect to security and stability in "that part of the world".

"We recognise that Pakistan plays a key role in the region. We recognise that Pakistan and the Pakistani people are, themselves, victims of terrorist attacks inside their own country," he added.

In response to a question about election of Shehbaz Sharif as the prime minister and allegations of the ousted premier Imran Khan against the US for its role in regime change, Kirby declined to offer a comment.

"I think you can understand that we're not going to comment about domestic politics inside Pakistan," he responded.

When asked whether the US was prepared in case Pakistan's military intervenes amid street protests organised by former prime minister Imran Khan "with his very large crowd of supporters", Kirby said he did not foresee any US military role there.

"And I'm certainly not going to, again, wade into internal domestic politics in Pakistan," he said.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki had earlier said that a democratic Pakistan was critical to US interests.

Ties between Islamabad and Washington touched a new low after former prime minister Imran Khan accused the US of conspiring to dislodge his government. He based his allegation on a diplomatic cable in which it was reportedly said that a State Department official had warned of consequences for bilateral ties if the no-confidence motion failed.

Washington has denied the allegation.

Mending fences with the US would be one of the top foreign policy priorities for the new government.

The same way they had healthy relations with Saddam Hussain and Bin laden.
They know they can buy off our so called saviours of Pakistan Hence its very healthy for them but not for us.

Still no F16's, approval for the helicopter engines , but more drone strikes ( they have restarted already ) , more standing with Indians and blaming us for terrorist attacks in India (whilst they say nothing about there treatment of Indian Muslims) and arming the Indians to the teeth .
But of-course only they are allowed to define "terror" .

This is not a foreign policy, it's cowardice and a sell out of a country.

They know they can buy off our so called saviours of Pakistan Hence its very healthy for them but not for us.

Still no F16's, approval for the helicopter engines , but more drone strikes ( they have restarted already ) , more standing with Indians and blaming us for terrorist attacks in India (whilst they say nothing about there treatment of Indian Muslims) and arming the Indians to the teeth .

Bajwa has been defeated. It is his defeatist mindset that has led to this awful moment in Pakistan. We were made to believe that the Pakistan army is the final frontier. Well, that final frontier has been breached ridiculously easy. People always had their question marks due to dubious past events. Everyone gave the army benefit of the doubt. All trust has been broken now between the people and the Pakistani army. It has been shattered. I don't know if the Pakistan army will ever be able to regain this broken trust. Bajwa must obviously go. The new man will have to rebuild from scratch.

Another million-dollar question.
I thought a pass of no-confidence would just dissolve the parliament and kick off a new election. That is how Canada system would work, borrowed from British. I wonder how different Pakistan version would be.

I thought a pass of no-confidence would just dissolve the parliament and kick off a new election. That is how Canada system would work, borrowed from British. I wonder how different Pakistan version would be.

Mark my words. The imported government along with the Pakistani army will delay the elections. It is not in their interest to have quick elections. The momentum is with Imran Khan. They want to break this momentum by introducing a period of lull. Also, the imported government wants to abolish NAB and remove all pending cases against them. From murder to massive corruption cases. I hold Bajwa directly responsible. He was the facilitator and enabler of such treason. The Americans were the architect of NRO 2.0. Bajwa was the main facilitator.

Mark my words. The imported government along with the Pakistani army will delay the elections. It is not in their interest to have quick elections. The moment is with Imran Khan. They want to break this moment by introducing a period of lull.
Well, that is where street protest comes in. You people can demand an election.

Nature of this military to military relations is same what East India Company had with Britain.

I think Allah has a plan...IKs popularity has gone through the roof. As soon as elections happen these traitors will be gone. NS is better now and returning to Pakistan. Well surprise surprise. UK needs to answer some questions

Back
Top Bottom