What's new

PEMRA Bans Indian Content Broadcasting in Pakistan

Good this will also reduce Pakistan's India obsession. Until Pakistan stops seeing India subjectively and emotionally peace will never come. There is a need for young Pakistanis to grow without 'India'. Pakistanis should learn to take India as any other country.

I think you have it backwards...case in point, look at how many Indian members they are at PDF.

Speaking about being obsessed with India, I recently asked the capital of Pakistan and more than 80% said Karachi / Lahore. I asked for 3 artists from Pakistan and more than 80% could only come up with 1 name, majorly Nusarat Fateh Ali Khan and many where where suprised to learn that he is from Pakistan and majority could not name a single pakisthani tv channel name. None ever saw any Pakistani film in any theatre, nor any tv program. Some oldies did talk about old vcr based pakistani commedy show nothing more. Thats how poor the idea about pakistan is in common people. All they know is that if there is trouble in Kashmir or border its pakistan and that doesnt mean muslims of pakistan its the govt of pakistan and military of pakistan.

Yes news channels do talk about misadventures of pakistan and indias actions or reactions. But thats where it all ends.

Banning in current era has is no solution, yes i understand there has to be content moderations to preserve local identity, but then world is turning into global village and he sources of information has been unlimited.

Without competition we had DD running for 50yrs or so, but when when Star and zee entered into space the content and quality both changed. Some of there intial conents where american content, not in line with indian culture, but this started the wheel of change and now we see so many channels and various contents. Same thing when peneterated Pakistan it revived the local industry and competition brought in better content and technology to local channels.

A knee jerk reaction will hurt everyone a road map to grow local industry would be a better option to go ahead with.

I asked in Pakistan what was the capital of India, 90% said Mumbai.
I asked who was the Defence Minister of India, 95% said Hanuman (probably after Manohar's most recent stupidity?)
I asked for 3 artists, they said Amitabh Bachan, Modi and Anab Goswami (mostly thought the later two were bollywood villain-comedian).

Perhaps it were the audience you and me were surveying? :p:

Now lets check Indian's obsessions with Pakistan, shall we?

Taking a look on PDF will be a good start :-)

Banning is not an ideal solution, but in warlike situations sometimes it becomes necessary. Pakistan should not allow blatant propaganda of Indian media or distortion of history by bollywood etc.

Pakistan being a music power house will do well to project its soft power via local film industry. We don't need bollywood cr@p.

Try searching for 'Pakistan' in youtube with the filter settings sorted by 'upload date' and one is not surprised to see that majority of the junk uploaded on youtube is anti-pakistani stuff by indian news channels.

Pakistan imposing Ban on Indian Content won't yield any result.

Pakistanis will find ways to watch what they WANT.

Just Like Indians on PDF

You Ban Them they show up again with different ID :enjoy:

Kai cheezon ki lat lag jaati hai :D
Those who are addicted with that crap free to do whatever like other drugs ban in Pakistan this sxit should not be sponsored or present by insititutes.

Why should India be obsessed with Pakistan? Obsession is linked to desire. We don't desire anything from you. On the otherhand, Pakistan is dying for Jammu and Kashmir. Hence the obsession !
are you one of these people mentioned in the video?

Good. There should be no ties of any kind between the two countries.
lets start here, why don't you say good bye to this form?

Try searching for 'Pakistan' in youtube with the filter settings sorted by 'upload date' and one is not surprised to see that majority of the junk uploaded on youtube is anti-pakistani stuff by indian news channels.
This is why....................

I think you have it backwards...case in point, look at how many Indian members they are at PDF.

May be 500, but you forget India is 1.3 billion people. Never take the members of PDF as a representative of India as a whole.

Does that implies on the dish tv as well?

PEMRA Bans Indian Content Broadcasting in Pakistan!

GHAZALA SULAIMAN OCT 3, 2016
SHARES
Facebook
Twitter
Subscribe
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has launched a crackdown against the broadcast all off illegal Indian channels and content in Pakistan from October 15.

What is more, PEMRA has warned that strict action would be taken if any TV channels or distribution networks was found violating the ban after October 15.

A monetary penalty will also be implemented on channels who failed to follow PEMRA’s order after October 15.

The news was also announced on PEMRA’s official Twitter account.

The PEMRA chairman said in a statement the Pakistani channels are undergoing a huge loss via the operation of this illegal business, which is is also destroying the culture and social values of Pakistan.

“The complaints have shown serious concerns on this issue (illegal Indian contents) in the wake of the current situation between India and Pakistan,” PEMRA said, according to PTI.

Stay tuned to Brandsyanrio for more updates!

Disclaimer: The views expressed solely belong to the writer and does not necessarily imply brandsynario’s opinion towards an individual, organization or a group. .
http://www.brandsynario.com/pemra-bans-indian-content-broadcasting-in-pakistan/
@django @The Sandman @Moonlight @Musafir117

i think you have not stepped outside the Islamabad otherwise you would have listened.
After the end of recitation and NAATs only i hear Indian songs and not otherwise not only for one day but from the very time when i started to listen radio.
hope you dont see the stuff for which we were ranked first by Google.

itni jaldi Indian bna dya yaar abhe or khuch such bolna tha. abhe to gaadar bhe bnane wale ho na mjh ko, i know that so just be for it.
very humble question, sir do you think that Pakistani industry and stuff was responsible for the birth of cineplexes here in Pakistan?
I was talking about the scenario of tv songs will take time to die and i am cool with that this ban isnt on individuals its on cable walas and media houses

I have been to many Pakistani cities mate i totally understand what will happen after the ban

Yes i do see the stuff any problem with that?

NO it was not responsible for birth of multiplexes because at that time Lollywood was good as dead it took movies like Bol and Waar to kick start our movie industry amd now it can compete just google highest earning movies in Pakistan 2016 our country has changed

Does that implies on the dish tv as well?
Yep

I was talking about the scenario of tv songs will take time to die and i am cool with that this ban isnt on individuals its on cable walas and media houses

I have been to many Pakistani cities mate i totally understand what will happen after the ban

Yes i do see the stuff any problem with that?

NO it was not responsible for birth of multiplexes because at that time Lollywood was good as dead it took movies like Bol and Waar to kick start our movie industry amd now it can compete just google highest earning movies in Pakistan 2016 our country has changed

Yep

I'm asking about dish india not the Pakistani dish?
Not a good step really, because artists are a way of peace. It is the governments of any country who found out to be culprit.

I asked in Pakistan what was the capital of India, 90% said Mumbai.
I asked who was the Defence Minister of India, 95% said Hanuman (probably after Manohar's most recent stupidity?)
I asked for 3 artists, they said Amitabh Bachan, Modi and Anab Goswami (mostly thought the later two were bollywood villain-comedian).

Perhaps it were the audience you and me were surveying? :p:
Thats why I said its very important to have proper education system.
And I dont expect common people to know defence minister or other country

Now lets check Indian's obsessions with Pakistan, shall we?

Taking a look on PDF will be a good start :-)

PDF is not a good sample, some join here with prejudice and many get influenced to get prejudiced.

Banning is not an ideal solution, but in warlike situations sometimes it becomes necessary. Pakistan should not allow blatant propaganda of Indian media or distortion of history by bollywood etc.

Pakistan being a music power house will do well to project its soft power via local film industry. We don't need bollywood cr@p.

Music power house of certain type yes, probably will have impact on some of the north western states of India.

PDF is not a good sample, some join here with prejudice and many get influenced to get prejudiced.

Music power house of certain type yes, probably will have impact on some of the north western states of India.
Haha i am pretty sure the educated society of Pakistan is as much pissed off at Indians as normal people. Because in my university when I was doing Engineering. Three teams were working on three different and critical projects for Pakistan Army. And they were doing it for absolutely free of cost. Either they were doing it because of patriotism or due to hatred of India. And my bet is it is for both reasons. Lol

Why?

The strikes were fake.

Why then do this? :(
Lolz,

You seriously think that we would ban Indian TV as a response to any "strikes" ? :lol:

Bro, it is not India!! :D

Good. There should be no ties of any kind between the two countries.
Agreed with. Not even on social media.

So when will you be leaving? :P

Speaking about being obsessed with India, I recently asked the capital of Pakistan and more than 80% said Karachi / Lahore. I asked for 3 artists from Pakistan and more than 80% could only come up with 1 name, majorly Nusarat Fateh Ali Khan and many where where surprised to learn that he is from Pakistan and majority could not name a single Pakistani tv channel name. None ever saw any Pakistani film in any theatre, nor any tv program.
So? Who was argued about the IQ of Indian people?
I am surprised you had to actually ask questions to ascertain this!

I am utterly harmless and ineffective, Sir. Nobody listens to me anyway. :D

Actually, just like PEMRA's bans, to remain on topic.
Those who do, you never reply to! :P :D
I am a bit confused now whether you are really pissed off or just ignoring for some other reasons :)
the problem is i am not sure of the reasons in either case.

Yes viny appa fb,reddit,twitter,youtube are good examples i see similar behaviour in those platforms tthe obsession is real

Some of pdf members are regular contributors of websites like Bharat Ratshit and Jihad Watch so atleast i k ow what kind of crowd pdf pulls from east of wagha

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom