What's new

PEMRA Bans Indian Content Broadcasting in Pakistan

Am i talking to a wall oh bhai our movies are earning in our cinemas and also some are losing in our cinemas the cinema going culture is slowly being revived by icreasing number of multiplexes
Pakistani movie Janaan was at number 7 in UK it earned total of 20 crore last year jpna earned 44 crore the revival has happened now this will solidify the revi al by eliminating competition
no you are just talking to a person who thinks that there is a long way to go towards your described state. anyways but i would say just wait let the things cool down with india and pray that ban continues then i bet you would take my prescribed course of understanding.
BTW,on a lighter note, why pak film producers, actors, want ban on Indian stuff every now & then on different talk shows. perhaps it would be because their films and stuff getting competition..perhaps

tell me whhich songs are sung by pakistanis in streets, in weddings, at radio stations etc. you cant compare the mammoth with a new born baby of elephant. no doubt some Pakistani songs get its audiences, coke studio is an example, but it is not enough to fill the void which is being done by bollywoood. so still you dont agree then you should take a tour in streets, tune some radio stations, have a ride of a bus or rickhshaw, sift through the mobile card of someone from middle class the only thing which would come out from the bag is bollywod. agree or not but it is reality.
shakar wanda rey,afreen afreen,mehndi ki yeh raat
In rickshaws and buses all i hear are pothwari singers
@django @The Sandman @Moonlight
Radio station hmm fm 89 English songs,tv station only Pakistani songs after the ban
I see a lot of regional stuff in mobile cards of folks i know
تم مجھے انڈین لگ رہے ھو :D

Ban is not solution. Art, fun have no boundary.
People will still watch on internet even if Pemra bans all content.
Thats great so non internet folks will grow up around Pakistani content on tv only

no you are just talking to a person who thinks that there is a long way to go towards your described state. anyways but i would say just wait let the things cool down with india and pray that ban continues then i bet you would take my prescribed course of understanding.
BTW,on a lighter note, why pak film producers, actors, want ban on Indian stuff every now & then on different talk shows. perhaps it would be because their films and stuff getting competition..perhaps
If the ban continues Pakistani dramas will have zero competition and more dramas will be shot to fill the gap created which means more business and opportunities for producers,directors,artists and the entire team involved

Report your cable operators to PEMRA if they air Indian garbage.
Emotional Nation. Lolzz, First they banned Facebook, when they realised that they can't live without it, then facebook was opened after public pressure.
Same thing happened with youtube, in and out,
once in november 2013, Our IT minister Anusha rehman was preparing to ban google in pakistan, lolzz she didn't realise the outcome and it effects on andriod mobile, play stores and other things and effects of it in daily life , thanks God some sane guy told her not to ban google.

What is next.. Lolz Ban internet too.

Ban is not solution. Art, fun have no boundary.
People will still watch on internet even if Pemra bans all content.
They banned our channels in 2008 now they even banned our dramas from their channels why should we allow their content when they dont allpw our,s?

Emotional Nation. Lolzz, First they banned Facebook, when they realised that they can't live without it, then facebook was opened after public pressure.
Same thing happened with youtube, in and out,
once in november 2013, Our IT minister Anusha rehman was preparing to ban google in pakistan, lolzz she didn't realise the outcome and it effects on andriod mobile, play stores and other things and effects of it in daily life , thanks God some sane guy told her not to ban google.

What is next.. Lolz Ban internet too.
Do what India did in their country plain simple it will actually benifit us and our artists

shakar wanda rey,afreen afreen,mehndi ki yeh raat
In rickshaws and buses all i hear are pothwari singers
@django @The Sandman @Moonlight
Radio station hmm fm 89 English songs,tv station only Pakistani songs after the ban
I see a lot of regional stuff in mobile cards of folks i know
تم مجھے انڈین لگ رہے ھو :D

Thats great so non internet folks will grow up around Pakistani content on tv only

If the ban continues Pakistani dramas will have zero competition and more dramas will be shot to fill the gap created which means more business and oppurtunities for producers,directors,artists and the entire team involved
i think you have not stepped outside the Islamabad otherwise you would have listened.
After the end of recitation and NAATs only i hear Indian songs and not otherwise not only for one day but from the very time when i started to listen radio.
hope you dont see the stuff for which we were ranked first by Google.
م مجھے انڈین لگ رہے ھو
itni jaldi Indian bna dya yaar abhe or khuch such bolna tha. abhe to gaadar bhe bnane wale ho na mjh ko, i know that so just be for it.
very humble question, sir do you think that Pakistani industry and stuff was responsible for the birth of cineplexes here in Pakistan?

Counter measures for media invasion that too especially against culture that once top Indians said. People were made to pay for pallet Gun and bullets in Kashmir in the name of Aman Ka Tamasha yet every then now, a pigeon is arrested and jailed for spying to blame us. Let's play the economic war by this way from our side as well.

But such bans simply do not work, and are eventually shown to be detrimental to national interests. Is that why you suggested it?
PDF Public demand.
Classic case of national narrative w.r.t to industry vs Public sentiment here, every sane mind knows that the move would be counter productive, but our PDF admin proposed it and found overwhelming support on the forum. the premise that thread was built on was cultural invasion from "nazariati dushmann mulk", so hey why would I rain on the parade.

@Syed.Ali.Haider someday's are meant to just poke fun around a few here, this is one of those days, so do not overlook the sarcasm.

Last edited:
PDF Public demand.
Classic case of national narrative w.r.t to industry vs Public sentiment here, every sane mind knows that the move would be counter productive, but our PDF admin proposed it and found overwhelming support on the forum. the premise that thread was built on was cultural invasion from "nazariati dushmann mulk", so hey why would I rain on the parade.

So national interests are determined by inciting public emotions to demand bans? I think not!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom