What's new

Peelkhana Massacre and Indian RAw involvment – Assault on Security and Sovereignty.

It is not easy to come to a correct conclusion about who were behind the Pilkhana murders and who had more stakes in the chaos that was unfurled on 25/26 Feb 2009. There were conflicting reports at the time.
1) One group claim that Indian RAW and BAL are behind the revolt and killing of the BA Officers deputed to the BDR.
2) Another group says with a meek voice, it was Pakistan ISI and BNP who plotted the revolt and the subsequent killings.
3) Both BNP and BAL knew of the BDR grievances of low salary and less amenities comparing to army Jawans, because its NCOs talked with the central leaders of both the parties before the election, thinking whichever party came to power would look after the issues.
No. 1) Theory
1-a)Proponents say that Pilkhana was a revenge for BDR killing of IA troops in the 2001 Padua border war. 3 BDR troops were killed. 14 IA bodies were found in BD soil. Some say, another 83 IA troops were killed, whose bodies were carried away by the fleeing IA soldiers as per army training.
1-b) Questions remain to be answered,
- Reason of a border war and kilings is childish considring its consequence. So, what other substantive reasons were there for GoI/RAW to stage a failed revolt?
- Why SHW/BAL would stage a revolt that could have caused a military takeover, unseated them and could have killed them?
So, RAW involvement seems to be feeble when I think in this line, although, in those days I used to think of a RAW connection because of killing at the border.

2) 2nd Theory. It says of BKZ/BNP and ISI connection, which does not find many supporters. BKZ govt (2001 - 2006) had good relationship with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Even China was not given that importance let alone Russia, Japan, India or USA.
2-a) BNP lost the election miserably. So, one can assume a BKZ/BNP & ISI connection in organizing a revolt that could have resulted in the topling of AL govt by a military uprising. BNP had nothing to lose if failed, although BKZ did not foresee of a possible Constitutional revision that would prevent her from taking Office anytime soon.
2-c) BNP arranged the revolt which could have also killed SHW and a subsequent army takeover. But, SHW cancelled her visit to Pilkhana of 25 Feb. 2009 one day before, perhaps she had an DGIF information of a possible revolt. So, BNP/ISI could have easily stopped such a revolt that would not kill SHW and topple the govt.
2-d) Rumor mongers say of a white Van/Wagon that entered the gate when Officers/BDR troops were in the Darbar Hall. It waited across the road facing the main entrance of the Hall. When the Jawans came out of the Hall with the lined up Officers in the front, firings from the wagon killed Major General Shakib. This started the killing spree that took more than 60 lives. The Wagon escaped through the gate after initiating the killings.

3) 3rd possibility: The revolt took place because the army Officers were not listening to the desparate pleas for rectifying the BDR grievances. So, it can also be said the mutiny and killing had nothing to do with BAL or BNP. It just ppened out of dissatisfaction of the BDR troops.

I tried to explain each of the points and I believe in the 3rd Theory. It just hppened without outside interference by BAL, BNP, RAW or ISI.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/peelkhana-massacre-and-indian-raw-involvment-–-assault-on-security-and-sovereignty.436667/page-2#ixzz4CsM6t3Ye

I tried to explain each of the points and I believe in the 3rd Theory. It just hppened without outside interference by BAL, BNP, RAW or ISI.

I lean towards theory 3. Reality is usually more mundane than the idea of 'illusive powers' behind all our problems. Rather than a long planned conspiracy, it was a long-brewing rebellion.

The HuT is also a possible factor but only in terms of brewing dissent. As they are active in recruiting armed forces personnel.

@ "Kargil tu bohat bara pahar hai, woha par logo ko marna itna asan nahi hai ? "
We like to hear or not, Indian troops fought in Kargil war very bravely. Many troops were killed when they were scaling up the mountain to the top. Finally, world's most difficult war ended in Pak troops' withdrawal from the mountain peaks.
So,from 400,it becomes 130.From DG,it becomes Major,From so many articles,it becomes radio???Damn,this single post contains more twist and turns than an entire season of Game of Thrones.
The following is about the Boroibari battle of 18 april, 2001, and not about the Padua conflict a few days earlier.
1) 400 IA troops crossed the border and towards the BD border outpost to take revenge of the Padua takeover by BDR. Another 400 IA troops remained behind.
2) BD BoP was about 2 km away from the border.
3) In the very early morning a father had sent his 12 yr old son to check the depth of irrigation water in the paddy field. He saw a long line of moving shadow in the dark away from him.
4) Being a border child he immediately knew it was a heavy formation of Indian troops. He ran under the cover of trees to his house and reported to his father about this.
5) The father & uncle rushed to the BDR BoP. Like other BoP, only 13 BDR Jawans were stationed there.
6) The commanding officer and Jawans had two alternatives.
a) To run away to a safer place, as it is impossible to fight against such a large enemy troops.
b) To fight tooth and nail to a certain death.
7) The commander explained the situation. He wanted to fight alone, he said, when asked by them. Every Jawan readied himself for a Shahadat. After a very short last prayer to Allah they dressed up, came out of the Border outpost and took positions.
8) They waited for an ambush. When IA troops came within 100 m they opened fire. IA troops fired back with full force, but the exposed IA troops suffered 97 deaths, of which 83 bodies were carried away by the fleeing IA troops.

I have seen photographs showing many thousands of bullet holes in the walls of BDR BoP in Boroibari.

Last edited:
400 IA troops crossed the border and towards the BD border outpost to take revenge of the Padua takeover by BDR. Another 400 IA troops remained behind.

A basic error.Its not Indian Army as Indian Army doesn't guard Indo-BD border.Its BSF.

Second,According to whole world,A small contingent(Around 20-30) of BSF went into Padua,when they was attacked by 1000+ BDR/Armed Civilians.

I don't know why some bangladeshis always make facts twisted like every single bangladeshi soldiers are like Rambo.:disagree::disagree:

By the way,we're diverting this topic far far away.lets concentrate on Peelkhana.

A basic error.Its not Indian Army as Indian Army doesn't guard Indo-BD border.Its BSF.

Second,According to whole world,A small contingent(Around 20-30) of BSF went into Padua,when they was attacked by 1000+ BDR/Armed Civilians.

I don't know why some bangladeshis always make facts twisted like every single bangladeshi soldiers are like Rambo.:disagree::disagree:

By the way,we're diverting this topic far far away.lets concentrate on Peelkhana.

@ We are not twisting the fact rather you people are doing that. It was not by the armed civilians. It was by the tiny BDR people commanded by a JCO (Junior Commissioned Officer) . Well after the incident a Battalion Plus troops were deployed. It was a regular Indian Army dressed in BSF even they brought Artillery for support Fire. I, again say, the figure was not 130 it was nearer to 300-400 but Indians did not disclosed it. Of course we also did not disclosed it.
@ We are no less than Ramboo ! Where is the doubt ? " Koi shak ?"

@ We are not twisting the fact rather you people are doing that. It was not by the armed civilians. It was by the tiny BDR people commanded by a JCO (Junior Commissioned Officer) . Well after the incident a Battalion Plus troops were deployed. It was a regular Indian Army dressed in BSF even they brought Artillery for support Fire. I, again say, the figure was not 130 it was nearer to 300-400 but Indians did not disclosed it. Of course we also did not disclosed it.
Any sources for your delusional claims??

I really like to see any documents supporting your claim.I've posted a news article from NYTimes,all you're posting is some fancy stories.

I really like to see any documents supporting your claim.I've posted a news article from NYTimes,all you're posting is some fancy stories.

@ " Kabi kabi fancy stories me bi buhat dam hotahe ?"

Nothing is disclosed , nothing is their official government position but these Internet Bongladeshis know everything . Looks like eating too much fish has poisoned their brains ,

Who make claims,its his responsibility to defend it,not vice versa.

I'm pretty sure he didn't claimed such as all over world only similar news got published..

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/26/w...re-victims-in-bangladesh-border-skirmish.html

meanwhile,this was your govt's response...

The Bangladesh Government was also said to have denied that the attacks by the BDR and army had its backing and termed it as “adventurism of its local commanders’’.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2001/20010420/main1.htm
Your news sources make me laugh! Blame it on BDR when Indian bad crossed into the border and started the shootout? Lmao. You guys thought fucking around with Pakistan you guys can with bangladesh. Then you guys had test of your own medicine. Anyone will believe bar massacre was done by India and swamp league after what happened back then. It was only natural to kill major shakil. And yes major shakil was extremely popular among people and used to give interviews aim tv and radio. He did talk about issue back then. He did say we have move long ahead and acknowledging our misunderstandings we have become allies. The only thing you guys can **** around with is our govt. not the people.

It is not Padua conflict, but the Boroibari battle I am talking about. The press guys, not knowing about the terrain and places, also make mistake between Padua and Boroibari. These two places are separated by a few hundred km. But, the two events in these two places are interlinked.

Padua is an enclave in the BD-Meghalaya border. Before 1971 it was our territory. India found the strategic importance of this place during the 1971 war andso after the war it seized the area.

BD side demanded its return. By a subsequent compromise formula BD agreed to maintain the status quo until a political settlement is reached, but on condition that BSF not to build permanent structures there.

However, in March 2001 BDR saw Indians were building road and others there. When protested, BSF replied it was just obeying an order from the top, so ask your govt to talk to Delhi. On 16th night BDR troops encircled the BSF outpost, captured 31 BSF troops and declared Padua as a part of BD.

Unable to face the concentration of BDR Jawans in Padua, whose every man would die fighting to protect it from being retaken, IA took an easy and sure way. It decided to take Boroibari by making a sneak attack by night, kill the BDR troops and capiure the land.

IA & BSF intrusion of Boroibari was intended to serve as retaliation for the incident of Padua. Boroibari is located a few hundred km. west of Padua along BD-Assam border.

I do not know which Bangladeshis are twisting facts. But, I am not one of them. Do you want us to believe your twisted bragging that only 20-30 Indian troops went inside BD at night? Your statement is ridiculous. Ask an army Major about the strength required in such an attack.

History was certainly made at both Padua and Boroibari. But, I will condemn the killings. I am aghast of this. Many IA troops were killed because of ambush and sudden unexpected gunfire. It is not that they were a bunch of cowards. But, IA decision was wrong.

Saying this, shall I not glorify the BDR troops, who stood erect in the face of an attack by 30 times stronger enemy troops, fight and die heroes' death? Read war history. You will not find many such instances of heroism that was shown by the BDR troops.

Note one thing. BSF is not a fighting force. Its main duty is to protect the border from intrusion and smuggling. On the other hand BDR/BGB is trained to fight with small arms. So, certainly, it was IA troops with the help of BSF made the attack. Examine the fatigues on the dead bodies. The leader was also a Major from Indian Army who was also killed.

It is not Padua conflict, but the Boroibari battle I am talking about. The press guys, not knowing about the terrain and places, also make mistake between Padua and Boroibari. These two places are separated by a few hundred km. But, the two events in these two places are interlinked.

Padua is an enclave in the BD-Meghalaya border. Before 1971 it was our territory. India found the strategic importance of this place during the 1971 war andso after the war it seized the area.

BD side demanded its return. By a subsequent compromise formula BD agreed to maintain the status quo until a political settlement is reached, but on condition that BSF not to build permanent structures there.

However, in March 2001 BDR saw Indians were building road and others there. When protested, BSF replied it was just obeying an order from the top, so ask your govt to talk to Delhi. On 16th night BDR troops encircled the BSF outpost, captured 31 BSF troops and declared Padua as a part of BD.

Unable to face the concentration of BDR Jawans in Padua, whose every man would die fighting to protect it from being retaken, IA took an easy and sure way. It decided to take Boroibari by making a sneak attack by night, kill the BDR troops and capiure the land.

IA & BSF intrusion of Boroibari was intended to serve as retaliation for the incident of Padua. Boroibari is located a few hundred km. west of Padua along BD-Assam border.

I do not know which Bangladeshis are twisting facts. But, I am not one of them. Do you want us to believe your twisted bragging that only 20-30 Indian troops went inside BD at night? Your statement is ridiculous. Ask an army Major about the strength required in such an attack.

History was certainly made at both Padua and Boroibari. But, I will condemn the killings. I am aghast of this. Many IA troops were killed because of ambush and sudden unexpected gunfire. It is not that they were a bunch of cowards. But, IA decision was wrong.

Saying this, shall I not glorify the BDR troops, who stood erect in the face of an attack by 30 times stronger enemy troops, fight and die heroes' death? Read war history. You will not find many such instances of heroism that was shown by the BDR troops.

Note one thing. BSF is not a fighting force. Its main duty is to protect the border from intrusion and smuggling. On the other hand BDR/BGB is trained to fight with small arms. So, certainly, it was IA troops with the help of BSF made the attack. Examine the fatigues on the dead bodies. The leader was also a Major from Indian Army who was also killed.
Again delusions IA is never involved in any border conflict when there is a special force for border protection.. And you have any source of IA involvement or death of IA Major because i can't find any proof of it.

Again delusions IA is never involved in any border conflict when there is a special force for border protection.. And you have any source of IA involvement or death of IA Major because i can't find any proof of it.
The killed 14 and captured two Indians had IA uniform. Check it yourself.

The killed 14 and captured two Indians had IA uniform. Check it yourself.
They were all wearing BSF uniform's
Something like this
e421540afb0cc63a963092221cd610b5.jpg

Ami Bangali,Apni Bangla teo bolte paren.Sudhu sudhu hindi k lojjay fele ki luv?

@ " Ami shutti bolchi, casualty ta char shor kacha kachi. DG, BDR nije ekti article likhe chilen, ami abar pele apna ke jana bo. Sob kichu tu sarkar bole debe na ba media ash be ". It was not done intentionally but determined Indian soldiers soldiers were in trap. The innocent NCO in charge finding no other way started firing.

Back
Top Bottom