What's new

Peelkhana Massacre and Indian RAw involvment – Assault on Security and Sovereignty.

Bangladesh witnessed a bloody mutiny and massacre at Peelkhana BDR Headquarter from 25th to 26th February 2009. This was a tragic day for the whole nation in which it lost 57 Army Officers including several others in the hands of subverted BDR soldiers and allegedly infiltrated foreign agents.

The Nation has shockingly observed that the mutiny lasted for long 2 days and 1 night and ended through the escape of hundreds of mutineers along with arms and ammunition. The Government did not undertake any rescue operation to save the lives of so many Officers and protect the forces Headquarter. Throughout the incidents, the Government was in dark about the killings, burial of the dead bodies, looting of arms, ammunitions and also committing of crimes against the families.

Instead of countering an armed mutiny by using military means, the government resorted to political measures and sat for dialogue with the mutineers which resulted nothing. The victim Officers were given several hopes by the concerned military authority regarding launching of a rescue operation immediately but they felt betrayed before being killed.

Impact of Pilkhana massacre on the National Security
1. The Army lost its 57 experienced Officers which is an irreparable loss.
2. The morale of the Army Officers is bound to be affected deeply.
3. The identity of BDR Force itself has been dissolved.
4. The border security has been weakened.
5. Hundreds of arms and ammunition were looted.
6. The rebuilding of the border security force will take several years.
7. Neighbouring country’s border security force will continue to enjoy domination along the border areas.
8. All valuable records preserved at the BDR HQ have been destroyed.
9. It has created rooms for employment on the basis of political affiliation.
10. It demonstrated country’s lacking in intelligence.
11. Failure in undertaking any rescue operation has demonstrated lack of firmness in decision making and poor combat efficiency.

Unanswered Questions
Based on the investigation and trial process, following questions remained unanswered:
1. Planners behind this staged mutiny remain still unidentified.
2. Why rescue operation was not undertaken in spite of repeated assurance given to the Officers.
3. How could so many killers were allowed to escape from the crime scene along with arms ?
4. Why more than 50 accused have died under custody and what vital information they possessed?
5. Why the investigation report made by the Army Team – led by General Jahangir was kept aside?
6. Why the investigation report made by a team headed by Secretary Anisuzzaman was kept aside?
7. Why a retired CID investigator was given the responsibility to investigate such a serious national security affair involving so many Army Officers ?
8. Why were the killers allowed so long reaction time to complete their mission?
9. Why the government was in dark about what was happening inside the Peelkhana Complex though Indian television could announce that BDR DG along with 5 Officers were killed by a mutiny?

Our Demands
1. Declare 25th February as a National Mourning Day.
2. Reinvestigation by a joint team of the Army and the Judiciary experts and identify the conspirators.

=======
1.India took revenge of the beating they got at the hands of villagers and BDR at the battle of Padua. A battalion of SFF dressed as BSF was decimated. Peelkhana was the cowardly Katulya method of badla. SFF / Establishment 22 troops were used to provide leadership to carefully selected Bangobhumi cadre.
2. After outwitting a stupid BKZ, blinded by love of her sons, BAL/SHW now needed to neutralize the remaining potential threat to her future plans of staying in power for ever. RAW found its old links in BCL and Mujib Bahini handy to fabricate an op. BAL goons like Nanak, Mirza Azam and the kids of 15 Aug '71 victims like Taposh quickly gathered around to deliver their revenge against BA which they have been conditioned to hate since childhood.

There is absolutely no evidence that HuT was involved in the Pilkhana massacre but there was ample evidence of RAW involvement all of which was destroyed soon after the incident but before that could happen a great deal was leaked in reports published on the internet.

Well Madam,in that case,find a single "Glorified Description" about that group from any news sites except Jehadi sites,and I'll refrain from quoting.

See,I know in this site,extremist supporters have free run,but I'd choose any govt's statement over conspiracy theory in a heart bit.

http://www.counterextremism.com/threat/hizb-ut-tahrir

This group is banned in most Arab countries,Turkey,Uzbekistan,China,Russia,Bangladesh,Pakistan to name a few.In fact one of the murderer of Avijit Roy was also belonged to this group.Kindly read this and then post your gibberish....

Violent Activities
HT calls for unifying Muslim-majority countries under a single, global caliphate, while not advocating violence directly. However, members of HT have been involved in violent acts. Many younger members indoctrinated by HT, such as notorious ISIS figure “Jihadi John,” have gone on to join jihadist movements.

• April 30, 2003: Suicide bomber Asif Muhammad Hani, a British citizen, explodes at the entrance to Tel Aviv bar Mike’s Place. The bombing kills three and wounds 50. Israeli authorities identify a second bomber, Omar Khan Sharif, also a British citizen, whose explosives failed to detonate. Both men belonged to HT offshoot al-Muhajiroun. Sharif was also reportedly “associated with HT.”*
  • 2004: British authorities arrest an HT member for joining al-Qaeda and plotting to attack financial targets in New York.*
  • July 2004: HT splinter cell Islamic Jihad Union (IJU) attacks the American and Israeli embassies in Uzbekistan.*
  • May 13, 2005: Uzbek security forces stop a revolt, prison break, and an anti-government demonstration in the city of Andijon. Uzbeki President Islam A. Karimov blames international terrorist groups and HT for organizing the uprising. HT denies responsibility.*
  • July 29, 2006: Surveillance cameras film two Lebanese men carrying suitcases filled with propane-gas explosives onto trains in Germany. Investigators said one of the men, Youssef Mohammed el-Hajdib, may have ties to HT. The group denies that Hajdib was a member.*
  • September 2007: German police arrest three members of HT splinter group IJU for plotting to attack restaurants, military and civilian airports, and nightclubs.*
  • November 4, 2010: Russian police say they have prevented an HT cell from blowing up a railway track near a Moscow train station.*
  • November 2012: Early in the month, Russian authorities arrest 18 Russian and Tajik citizens allegedly plotting bomb attacks around Moscow. After searching their apartments, authorities find “counterfeit money worth $1 million and 2 million euros”, as well as guns and explosives. On November 16, authorities charge nine Russian and Tajik citizens with belonging to HT, which is banned in those countries.*
  • December 2014: Iranian-born Australian Man Haron Monis takes more than a dozen people hostage at Sydney’s Lindt Chocolat Café. Monis and two hostages are killed after a 16-hour standoff with police. Monis had attended a June 2014 HT lecture on the failings of the West.*
  • March 2015: The BBC reports that Bangladeshi police arrest Islamist blogger Farabi Shafiur Rahman in connection with the murder of atheist writer Avijit Roy. Police accused Rahman of belonging to HT and threatening over social media to kill Roy. Roy was killed in a knife attack the week before*
  • Late March 2015: Turkish police stop nine British citizens from crossing into Syria to join jihadist groups. British police reveal that one of the nine, Waheed Ahmed—a student at Manchester University and the son of Rochdale town councilor Shakil Ahmed—is a member of HT. HT Britain’s chairman, Dr. Abdul Waheed, denies that Ahmed is a member.*
  • April 2015: British media report that HT and the Nusra Front attacked civil activists in Aleppo, Syria. HT Britain denies the reports.

The group is working in more then 73 countries whole over the world. And in Arab countries no opposition political parties are allowed by the kingship ruling method. Yes they can ban Hiz but tahrir- But in court they don't get any allegation that is why they get bail . What abouit US, UK, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Sudan, Turkey, Or Else where hiz- but-tahrir is working freely ?

I suggest you to read read human watch dog, from where pentagon made their policy .

Conspiracy Theorists,Please decide for whose action you're going to blame RAW...

when mutiny occurred,I saw people were hailing BDR as heroes and blaming Army for becoming lackey of India..

When Mutiny was dealt with,They blamed Govt and Army for heavy handedness and blaming India as a backer of them.

When truth about mutiny came out,they started blaming RAW for orchestrating mutiny and hailing their Army as heroes...

Too much flip flop my friend.

The truth....

JIB and Hizb ut Tahrir was behind this coup.They tried to overthrow Hasina Govt and failed.

India warned about similar attempts long time back..

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/article42976.ece

Infact India actively helped Bangladesh during coup.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/bangladesh-coup-bid-against-sheikh-hasina-foiled/1/170876.html
Yup, there was an attempted coup and it failed. Rogue BDR elements went berserk and killed army personnel. Now it was during Sheik hasina regime. Why would India even try to unseat sheik hasina. As a jaundiced eye sees yellow every where pakistan sees India.

Why should pakistan even bother about what is happening in BD? Ah their coup attempt failed now lets cover it up.

.India took revenge of the beating they got at the hands of villagers and BDR at the battle of Padua. A battalion of SFF dressed as BSF was decimated. Peelkhana was the cowardly Katulya method of badla. SFF / Establishment 22 troops were used to provide leadership to carefully selected Bangobhumi cadre.
:-), that was very good creative thinking. Infact it was like inception, Indian elements inside bdr , bdr insider army army inside bdr....etc All this to take revenge for cow stolen from Indian side. We Indians never forget any cow abuse hence decided to trigger the carnage, bangldesh by nature is a peaceful country albeit with coups happening every now & then.

At last our indian fellow s accepted the truth. Great news.

Among those who were slaughtered by Indian backed RAW agents in this massacre, there were finest Bangladeshi army officers who were trained in Pakistan.
True. But not most of them. Few of them. However they trained with the best forces in the world. (Pakistan considered too) :)

Last edited:
Madam,Your love for the deceased Bangladeshi Army officers brought tears in my eye.But....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakil_Ahmed_(general)

Topmost officer who got killed was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakil_Ahmed_(general)

He was not trained in Pakistan,in fact,most of them were not.In fact Shakil Ahmed was one of the most sensible officers who solved multiple border problems with India.
Mind you he was the commander during the 2001 conflict with India on the borders

Mind you he was the commander during the 2001 conflict with India on the borders

That was skirmish my friend,looks like you can't segregate between tussle,skirmish,conflict and war.

The group is working in more then 73 countries whole over the world. And in Arab countries no opposition political parties are allowed by the kingship ruling method. Yes they can ban Hiz but tahrir- But in court they don't get any allegation that is why they get bail . What about US, UK, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Sudan, Turkey, Or Else where hiz- but-tahrir is working freely ?

I suggest you to read read human watch dog, from where pentagon made their policy .

Please my dear friend,LeT is working in multiple countries,so are Al Qaida and other organisations.That doesn't justify whether it is terrorist organisation or not.Take your country and decide whether it is banned organisation or not??And It is banned in Bangladesh.They might be distributing millions of dollars among poor in some 3rd country,but that doesn't justify whether they're killing innocent civilians in another country or not.

Take Al Qaida as an example.Before 2001,Al Qaida was not in banned list of many country and it is still enjoy support in various muslim countries.But does that mean they're not a terrorist organization?

Take Khalistan,where it is not banned in Canada and USA,but it is banned in several other countries on basis of terrorism.You're waging a futile discussion here.Take your country's stance as benchmark and decide what is this organization,a charitable one,an extremist one or a terrorist one.

I think its been a trend in our neighboring countries that anything happens blame India or Israel. Even if its their own negligence.

If Bangladesh own forces mutinied then how it can be our fault??

So,you're asking to believe a terrorist group's propaganda which is banned nearly 2 dozen countries over Your own govt's statement??

Please kindly refrain from such kind of idiotic discussion in this forum which earns you a quick ban.

@Loki

Is not this in this group's policy to ban terrorist sympathizers rather than letting them posting false propaganda news??This guy is contradicting your own govt's statement to shield a well known extremist group.

https://hizb-america.org/
http://www.hizb-australia.org/
http://www.hizb.org.uk/
http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.dk/

I'm sure a bunch of navy seals are coming to me for an OBL style resolution for posting those. Oh my God they coming! Damn they have big guns....

Also Hiz-ut-Tahir is a piece of $hit :lol:

That was skirmish my friend,looks like you can't segregate between tussle,skirmish,conflict and war.

And it looks like you don't know what you are talking about other than your anti-Muslim bias in your head.

Bye.

Please my dear friend,LeT is working in multiple countries,so are Al Qaida and other organisations.That doesn't justify whether it is terrorist organisation or not.Take your country and decide whether it is banned organisation or not??And It is banned in Bangladesh.They might be distributing millions of dollars among poor in some 3rd country,but that doesn't justify whether they're killing innocent civilians in another country or not.

Take Al Qaida as an example.Before 2001,Al Qaida was not in banned list of many country and it is still enjoy support in various muslim countries.But does that mean they're not a terrorist organization?

Take Khalistan,where it is not banned in Canada and USA,but it is banned in several other countries on basis of terrorism.You're waging a futile discussion here.Take your country's stance as benchmark and decide what is this organization,a charitable one,an extremist one or a terrorist one.

Hiz- but tahrir is working in india. So what your govt. is doing ? Terrorism and war on terrorism by the western word it's not necessary to deploy all org in a row. In which condition Govt. will ban them. Tell me.

Well Madam,in that case,find a single "Glorified Description" about that group from any news sites except Jehadi sites,and I'll refrain from quoting.

See,I know in this site,extremist supporters have free run,but I'd choose any govt's statement over conspiracy theory in a heart bit.

This group is banned in most Arab countries,Turkey,Uzbekistan,China,Russia,Bangladesh,Pakistan to name a few.In fact one of the murderer of Avijit Roy was also belonged to this group.Kindly read this and then post your gibberish....

Violent Activities
HT calls for unifying Muslim-majority countries under a single, global caliphate, while not advocating violence directly. However, members of HT have been involved in violent acts. Many younger members indoctrinated by HT, such as notorious ISIS figure “Jihadi John,” have gone on to join jihadist movements.

• April 30, 2003: Suicide bomber Asif Muhammad Hani, a British citizen, explodes at the entrance to Tel Aviv bar Mike’s Place. The bombing kills three and wounds 50. Israeli authorities identify a second bomber, Omar Khan Sharif, also a British citizen, whose explosives failed to detonate. Both men belonged to HT offshoot al-Muhajiroun. Sharif was also reportedly “associated with HT.”*
  • 2004: British authorities arrest an HT member for joining al-Qaeda and plotting to attack financial targets in New York.*
  • July 2004: HT splinter cell Islamic Jihad Union (IJU) attacks the American and Israeli embassies in Uzbekistan.*
  • May 13, 2005: Uzbek security forces stop a revolt, prison break, and an anti-government demonstration in the city of Andijon. Uzbeki President Islam A. Karimov blames international terrorist groups and HT for organizing the uprising. HT denies responsibility.*
  • July 29, 2006: Surveillance cameras film two Lebanese men carrying suitcases filled with propane-gas explosives onto trains in Germany. Investigators said one of the men, Youssef Mohammed el-Hajdib, may have ties to HT. The group denies that Hajdib was a member.*
  • September 2007: German police arrest three members of HT splinter group IJU for plotting to attack restaurants, military and civilian airports, and nightclubs.*
  • November 4, 2010: Russian police say they have prevented an HT cell from blowing up a railway track near a Moscow train station.*
  • November 2012: Early in the month, Russian authorities arrest 18 Russian and Tajik citizens allegedly plotting bomb attacks around Moscow. After searching their apartments, authorities find “counterfeit money worth $1 million and 2 million euros”, as well as guns and explosives. On November 16, authorities charge nine Russian and Tajik citizens with belonging to HT, which is banned in those countries.*
  • December 2014: Iranian-born Australian Man Haron Monis takes more than a dozen people hostage at Sydney’s Lindt Chocolat Café. Monis and two hostages are killed after a 16-hour standoff with police. Monis had attended a June 2014 HT lecture on the failings of the West.*
  • March 2015: The BBC reports that Bangladeshi police arrest Islamist blogger Farabi Shafiur Rahman in connection with the murder of atheist writer Avijit Roy. Police accused Rahman of belonging to HT and threatening over social media to kill Roy. Roy was killed in a knife attack the week before*
  • Late March 2015: Turkish police stop nine British citizens from crossing into Syria to join jihadist groups. British police reveal that one of the nine, Waheed Ahmed—a student at Manchester University and the son of Rochdale town councilor Shakil Ahmed—is a member of HT. HT Britain’s chairman, Dr. Abdul Waheed, denies that Ahmed is a member.*
  • April 2015: British media report that HT and the Nusra Front attacked civil activists in Aleppo, Syria. HT Britain denies the reports.

Already i gave you the answer. REad-

Why ban Hizb ut-Tahrir? They're not Isis – they're Isis's whipping boys
William Scates Frances

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ir-theyre-not-isis-theyre-isiss-whipping-boys.

READ_

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/hizb-ut-tahrir.htm

Violent Activities

Already gave you the answer. Terrorism is US version. ISIS created by whom that is an open secret. By the name of those terrorist ORG. You can't blame islamic political parties as a whole. RSS is a terrorist organization but Modi is PM.

It is not easy to come to a correct conclusion about who were behind the Pilkhana murders and who had more stakes in the chaos that was unfurled on 25/26 Feb 2009. There were conflicting reports at the time.
1) One group claim that Indian RAW and BAL are behind the revolt and killing of the BA Officers deputed to the BDR.
2) Another group says with a meek voice, it was Pakistan ISI and BNP who plotted the revolt and the subsequent killings.
3) Both BNP and BAL knew of the BDR grievances of low salary and less amenities comparing to army Jawans, because its NCOs talked with the central leaders of both the parties before the election, thinking whichever party came to power would look after the issues.
No. 1) Theory
1-a)Proponents say that Pilkhana was a revenge for BDR killing of IA troops in the 2001 Padua border war. 3 BDR troops were killed. 14 IA bodies were found in BD soil. Some say, another 83 IA troops were killed, whose bodies were carried away by the fleeing IA soldiers as per army training.
1-b) Questions remain to be answered,
- Reason of a border war and kilings is childish considring its consequence. So, what other substantive reasons were there for GoI/RAW to stage a failed revolt?
- Why SHW/BAL would stage a revolt that could have caused a military takeover, unseated them and could have killed them?
So, RAW involvement seems to be feeble when I think in this line, although, in those days I used to think of a RAW connection because of killing at the border.

2) 2nd Theory. It says of BKZ/BNP and ISI connection, which does not find many supporters. BKZ govt (2001 - 2006) had good relationship with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Even China was not given that importance let alone Russia, Japan, India or USA.
2-a) BNP lost the election miserably. So, one can assume a BKZ/BNP & ISI connection in organizing a revolt that could have resulted in the topling of AL govt by a military uprising. BNP had nothing to lose if failed, although BKZ did not foresee of a possible Constitutional revision that would prevent her from taking Office anytime soon.
2-c) BNP arranged the revolt which could have also killed SHW and a subsequent army takeover. But, SHW cancelled her visit to Pilkhana of 25 Feb. 2009 one day before, perhaps she had an DGIF information of a possible revolt. So, BNP/ISI could have easily stopped such a revolt that would not kill SHW and topple the govt.
2-d) Rumor mongers say of a white Van/Wagon that entered the gate when Officers/BDR troops were in the Darbar Hall. It waited across the road facing the main entrance of the Hall. When the Jawans came out of the Hall with the lined up Officers in the front, firings from the wagon killed Major General Shakib. This started the killing spree that took more than 60 lives. The Wagon escaped through the gate after initiating the killings.

3) 3rd possibility: The revolt took place because the army Officers were not listening to the desparate pleas for rectifying the BDR grievances. So, it can also be said the mutiny and killing had nothing to do with BAL or BNP. It just ppened out of dissatisfaction of the BDR troops.

I tried to explain each of the points and I believe in the 3rd Theory. It just hppened without outside interference by BAL, BNP, RAW or ISI.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/peelkhan...y-and-sovereignty.436667/page-2#ixzz4CsM6t3Ye

I tried to explain each of the points and I believe in the 3rd Theory. It just hppened without outside interference by BAL, BNP, RAW or ISI.

Last edited:
1. BNP/JeI was behind the scene to destabilize the newly formed gov. They knew none of the 75's killers/war criminals will have peace if this gov becomes strong.

2. Pakistan also has stakes They want to see their agents such as BNP/JeI in BD. One reason is they want to use BD as a launching pad to attack on India, another reason they want BNP/JeI in power so that BD always remain as basket case and they can show rest of their people that see what happens if you secede. BNP/JeI also have some use for them to go on a full scale war on India, in that case their (BNP/JeI) use in BD will be to loose so that they can negotiate to transfer rest of Kashmir.

3. Another thing to note, some people were barking about BD-India border skirmish but that happened during BAL. And BNP/JeI coming to power forcefully removed the man who was in command that time of BDR.

4. And BDR had some issues. They wanted their own officers, salary and other benefits. The anger they showed in that area and around the country its evidence alone the disappointments were deep rooted and previous BNP and caretaker gov added to that. How come one force treat another as $hit and inferior.

5. BNP/Jamaatis are trash people whom are conspirator and killer minded who doesnt work on behalf of BD. They will start dirty politics on anything. People of BD should be just aware of them.

Looks like the skirmish went too far when the Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh had to propose a cease fire to bd

Back
Top Bottom