What's new

Peelkhana Massacre and Indian RAw involvment – Assault on Security and Sovereignty.

has the root cause been addressed yet? it had something to do with rice, if I remember...
threat title mentions RAW but nowhere in the post you mention any evidence.

That was skirmish my friend,looks like you can't segregate between tussle, skirmish, conflict and war.
It was a war my friend. See BBC News says it a battle, though.

Wednesday, 18 April, 2001, 13:11 GMT 14:11 UK
India-Bangladesh border battle
_1283663_wounded300.jpg

An injured Bangladeshi soldier is lifted to safety
At least 18 soldiers have been killed in an exchange of fire between Indian and Bangladeshi border guards at a frontier outpost, according to officials in Dhaka.
startquote.gif

A warlike situation is prevailing in the area
endquote.gif
Local official John F Karshiing

Bangladeshi officials say that two of their soldiers died and 16 Indian border guards were killed in the clash at a border outpost in Kurigram.

But India says the toll is much lower and that only five soldiers - three Indians and two Bangladeshis - have died.

Correspondents describe it as the worst ever outbreak of fighting between the two countries.

The fighting, which is believed to be continuing, comes amidst a tense stand-off in another border outpost in the north-east Indian state of Meghalaya.

_1283663_india_meghalaya_150.gif

India says Bangladeshi troops overran and occupied a disputed border village near the town of Dauki and are holding more than 20 of its soldiers hostage.

Bangladesh said Indian forces launched an early morning attack on their posts in the frontier district of Kurigram - which lies on the border with Indian state of Assam.

Protests

"Sixteen troops of the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) got killed during a fight on the border at noon today ," chief of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) Major-General Fazlur Rahman told Reuters.

Two wounded Indian soldiers were captured during the fighting and have been sent to Dhaka for treatment, he said.

_1283325_soldiers150.jpg

Indian border guards launched a dawn attack
There has been no word as yet from the Indian side confirming the deaths.

But India has summoned the Bangladesh High Commissioner in Delhi to lodge an official protest over the "intrusion" in Meghalaya.

The Bangladesh foreign ministry is expected to summon the Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka to lodge a counter protest.

Troubled border

India says Bangladeshi troops occupied the border village of Pyrdiwah, forcing its residents to flee.

"A warlike situation is prevailing in the area with Bangladesh Rifles men and some 500 regular Bangladesh army soldiers encircling the BSF outpost by digging trenches and setting up bunkers," John F Karshiing, spokesman for the local administrative body said.

Senior BSF and BDR officials are reported to have met on Tuesday night to resolve the issue, but it is unclear if they made any progress.

The border between the two countries has been in dispute since the partition of the subcontinent into India and Pakistan in 1947.

The ownership of several villages on both sides of the border are disputed and claimed by both countries.

Last edited:
It was a war my friend. See BBC News says it a conflict, though.

Wednesday, 18 April, 2001, 13:11 GMT 14:11 UK
India-Bangladesh border battle
_1283663_wounded300.jpg

An injured Bangladeshi soldier is lifted to safety
At least 18 soldiers have been killed in an exchange of fire between Indian and Bangladeshi border guards at a frontier outpost, according to officials in Dhaka.
startquote.gif

A warlike situation is prevailing in the area
endquote.gif
Local official John F Karshiing

Bangladeshi officials say that two of their soldiers died and 16 Indian border guards were killed in the clash at a border outpost in Kurigram.

But India says the toll is much lower and that only five soldiers - three Indians and two Bangladeshis - have died.

Correspondents describe it as the worst ever outbreak of fighting between the two countries.

The fighting, which is believed to be continuing, comes amidst a tense stand-off in another border outpost in the north-east Indian state of Meghalaya.

_1283663_india_meghalaya_150.gif

India says Bangladeshi troops overran and occupied a disputed border village near the town of Dauki and are holding more than 20 of its soldiers hostage.

Bangladesh said Indian forces launched an early morning attack on their posts in the frontier district of Kurigram - which lies on the border with Indian state of Assam.

Protests

"Sixteen troops of the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) got killed during a fight on the border at noon today ," chief of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) Major-General Fazlur Rahman told Reuters.

Two wounded Indian soldiers were captured during the fighting and have been sent to Dhaka for treatment, he said.

_1283325_soldiers150.jpg

Indian border guards launched a dawn attack
There has been no word as yet from the Indian side confirming the deaths.

But India has summoned the Bangladesh High Commissioner in Delhi to lodge an official protest over the "intrusion" in Meghalaya.

The Bangladesh foreign ministry is expected to summon the Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka to lodge a counter protest.

Troubled border

India says Bangladeshi troops occupied the border village of Pyrdiwah, forcing its residents to flee.

"A warlike situation is prevailing in the area with Bangladesh Rifles men and some 500 regular Bangladesh army soldiers encircling the BSF outpost by digging trenches and setting up bunkers," John F Karshiing, spokesman for the local administrative body said.

Senior BSF and BDR officials are reported to have met on Tuesday night to resolve the issue, but it is unclear if they made any progress.

The border between the two countries has been in dispute since the partition of the subcontinent into India and Pakistan in 1947.

The ownership of several villages on both sides of the border are disputed and claimed by both countries.

It is called "Skirmish".

Looks like the skirmish went too far when the Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh had to propose a cease fire to bd

Still its a skirmish.A full blown war is almost impossible between Indo-BD due to close relationship.By the way,we were talking about BDR,which was part of this skirmish.

Hiz- but tahrir is working in india. So what your govt. is doing ? Terrorism and war on terrorism by the western word it's not necessary to deploy all org in a row. In which condition Govt. will ban them. Tell me.

It is already under Intelligence Scanner.Sadly,neither they've that much presence in India,nor any activity recorded against them.They're the groups which is neither banned due to lack of proof,nor enjoy support.

Read this...

Earlier this month, Indian agencies had intercepted a message from which it raised alert for 23 places, including Dakshineswar temple and Jibilee railway bridge in Bengal. But HUT described the probable terror attack in India by HUT as a bogus claim by Indian agencies.

It clearly mentioned in the press release that it has no links with any major Indian terror outfits like Indian Mujahideen, Lashkar-e-Taiba or Jaish-e-Mohammad.

However, Bangladesh officials said that HUT is a banned organisation for its fundamentalist activities and even its website has even blocked by the Bangladesh government. However, it has now changed its website.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rror-attack-in-India/articleshow/50689388.cms

There is already much noise about this group in India,but sadly they don't even have a proper base.If needed,it'll get banned just like SIMI.But it is definitely banned in Bangladesh.

https://hizb-america.org/
http://www.hizb-australia.org/
http://www.hizb.org.uk/
http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.dk/

I'm sure a bunch of navy seals are coming to me for an OBL style resolution for posting those. Oh my God they coming! Damn they have big guns....

Also Hiz-ut-Tahir is a piece of $hit :lol:

And it looks like you don't know what you are talking about other than your anti-Muslim bias in your head.

Bye.

Really??A mod is taking sides for a group that is banned in their own country???

And did I show any "Anti Muslim Bias" in any of my post??Perhaps anti extremist one???

It is called "Skirmish".

Still its a skirmish.A full blown war is almost impossible between Indo-BD due to close relationship.By the way,we were talking about BDR,which was part of this skirmish.

It is already under Intelligence Scanner.Sadly,neither they've that much presence in India,nor any activity recorded against them.They're the groups which is neither banned due to lack of proof,nor enjoy support.

Read this...

Earlier this month, Indian agencies had intercepted a message from which it raised alert for 23 places, including Dakshineswar temple and Jibilee railway bridge in Bengal. But HUT described the probable terror attack in India by HUT as a bogus claim by Indian agencies.

It clearly mentioned in the press release that it has no links with any major Indian terror outfits like Indian Mujahideen, Lashkar-e-Taiba or Jaish-e-Mohammad.

However, Bangladesh officials said that HUT is a banned organisation for its fundamentalist activities and even its website has even blocked by the Bangladesh government. However, it has now changed its website.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rror-attack-in-India/articleshow/50689388.cms

There is already much noise about this group in India,but sadly they don't even have a proper base.If needed,it'll get banned just like SIMI.But it is definitely banned in Bangladesh.

Really??A mod is taking sides for a group that is banned in their own country???

And did I show any "Anti Muslim Bias" in any of my post??Perhaps anti extremist one???
Full blown war is nothing either party want to take the risk of. Neither today nor yesterday. (2000s)

1. BNP/JeI was behind the scene to destabilize the newly formed gov. They knew none of the 75's killers/war criminals will have peace if this gov becomes strong.

2. Pakistan also has stakes They want to see their agents such as BNP/JeI in BD. One reason is they want to use BD as a launching pad to attack on India, another reason they want BNP/JeI in power so that BD always remain as basket case and they can show rest of their people that see what happens if you secede. BNP/JeI also have some use for them to go on a full scale war on India, in that case their (BNP/JeI) use in BD will be to loose so that they can negotiate to transfer rest of Kashmir.

3. Another thing to note, some people were barking about BD-India border skirmish but that happened during BAL. And BNP/JeI coming to power forcefully removed the man who was in command that time of BDR.

4. And BDR had some issues. They wanted their own officers, salary and other benefits. The anger they showed in that area and around the country its evidence alone the disappointments were deep rooted and previous BNP and caretaker gov added to that. How come one force treat another as $hit and inferior.

5. BNP/Jamaatis are trash people whom are conspirator and killer minded who doesnt work on behalf of BD. They will start dirty politics on anything. People of BD should be just aware of them.

I have a doubt on this theory that BNP conspired the Pilkhana mutiny for the following reasons:

1) Out of power it was almost impossible for BNP to stab its teeth of vengeance for losing the election.
2) BKZ had summarily dismissed the BDR Chief Major General Fazlur Rahman from the army just after she took office in 2002. BDR & army establishments were certainly unhappy with her decision.
3) Stupid BKZ frozen the frigate Bangabandhu and made it a naval museum on the excuse of shortage of money. This must have angered the navy and total military establishment.
3) She also angered the air force troops by filing a suit against the former PM SHW for corruption while her govt purchased one sqd. of Mig-29. This must have angered the airforce people.
5) She had frozen any new purchases of military hardwares that made the entire mitary eshtablishment unhappy.

This is how that stupid BKZ had lost all kinds of influnces on both BDR and military to arrange a mutiny. An investigation by the BAL govt would have also disclosed the BNP complicity in the Pilkhana mutiny. No such things happened.

As such, I believe in the theory that the mutiny was initiated by the BDR troops themselves because they had grievances with their low salaries, allowances and other amenities. They were also unhappy with the house chores in the officers` houses and the rough treatment they used to receive from the officers`barking wives. Gen. Shakil`s wife was like a bulldog, who was killed on that Pilkhana day.

Last edited:
It is called "Skirmish".

Read this...

What about UK OR US Where HuT isn't Banned ? And why Govt. Banned them ? Because f Fundamentalism ? Then 1.8 billion of Muslims are Fundamentalist. Who will BAn Them ?

Full blown war is nothing either party want to take the risk of. Neither today nor yesterday. (2000s)

And thats what my point is.

What about UK OR US Where HuT isn't Banned ? And why Govt. Banned them ? Because f Fundamentalism ? Then 1.8 billion of Muslims are Fundamentalist. Who will BAn Them ?

Because they didn't perform any such act on their soil.Perhaps you don't know,but one democratic country can ban an organization when they've tangible proofs against them that they're using that soil for some extremism/terrorism purposes.

Just like Khalistani is banned on so many countries but not in US or Canada.

It is called "Skirmish".

@ So far I know more than 400 to 450 Indian soldiers were killed. This has been said by DG, BDR himself and he has written it in many articles and my great Indian knowledgeable friend says "It was a Shirmish ????? "

1. BNP/JeI was behind the scene to destabilize the newly formed gov. They knew none of the 75's killers/war criminals will have peace if this gov becomes strong.

2. Pakistan also has stakes They want to see their agents such as BNP/JeI in BD. One reason is they want to use BD as a launching pad to attack on India, another reason they want BNP/JeI in power so that BD always remain as basket case and they can show rest of their people that see what happens if you secede. BNP/JeI also have some use for them to go on a full scale war on India, in that case their (BNP/JeI) use in BD will be to loose so that they can negotiate to transfer rest of Kashmir.

3. Another thing to note, some people were barking about BD-India border skirmish but that happened during BAL. And BNP/JeI coming to power forcefully removed the man who was in command that time of BDR.

4. And BDR had some issues. They wanted their own officers, salary and other benefits. The anger they showed in that area and around the country its evidence alone the disappointments were deep rooted and previous BNP and caretaker gov added to that. How come one force treat another as $hit and inferior.

5. BNP/Jamaatis are trash people whom are conspirator and killer minded who doesnt work on behalf of BD. They will start dirty politics on anything. People of BD should be just aware of them.

@ My foot !!!!!!!!!

@ So far I know more than 400 to 450 Indian soldiers were killed. This has been said by DG, BDR himself and he has written it in many articles and my great Indian knowledgeable friend says "It was a Shirmish ????? "

We're not talking about Kargil my friend.And I really want to see where DG BDR wrote this..

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

We're not talking about Kargil my friend.And I really want to see where DG BDR wrote this..

@ "Kargil tu bohat bara pahar hai, woha par logo ko marna itna asan nahi hai ? "

@ Here in Bangladesh Border, the Indians in early morning lined up in battle formation and started moving towards BOP (Border Outpost) which in fact was not a true BOP. They were being misguided by the local people. Once the Indian soldiers came in close to BOP but aiming/facing in oblique direction, the BOP soldiers started firing with LMG and Machine gun. So, "kella Fete".

@ I was some thing like " Hamko hamise churalo ". "Agar koi kudba kud goli ke range me ajai tu ham kia kare". In the BOP, only 15/20 soldiers were present. There was no officer, I tell you, " No officer ". " Dilki bat delme rehne do Bhai .?

@ "Kargil tu bohat bara pahar hai, woha par logo ko marna itna asan nahi hai ? "

@ Here in Bangladesh Border, the Indians in early morning lined up in battle formation and started moving towards BOP (Border Outpost) which in fact was not a true BOP. They were being misguided by the local people. Once the Indian soldiers came in close to BOP but aiming/facing in oblique direction, the BOP soldiers started firing with LMG and Machine gun. So, "kella Fete".

@ I was some thing like " Hamko hamise churalo ". "Agar koi kudba kud goli ke range me ajai tu ham kia kare". In the BOP, only 15/20 soldiers were present. There was no officer, I tell you, " No officer ". " Dilki bat delme rehne do Bhai .?

Totally useless post.still waiting for that news report regarding DG BDR.

Not 400. That's a bloated no. Indian side 130. Bangladesh side 30. Major shakil talked about it in an interview on the radio once.

Not 400. That's a bloated no. Indian side 130. Bangladesh side 30. Major shakil talked about it in an interview on the radio once.

So,from 400,it becomes 130.From DG,it becomes Major,From so many articles,it becomes radio???Damn,this single post contains more twist and turns than an entire season of Game of Thrones.

So,from 400,it becomes 130.From DG,it becomes Major,From so many articles,it becomes radio???Damn,this single post contains more twist and turns than an entire season of Game of Thrones.
Major general shakil. The dude who was killed in the massacre was the commander who led the border shootings back in 2000s and you can read about it from newspapers archived from those era. Find it out yourself.

Major general shakil. The dude who was killed in the massacre was the commander who led the border shootings back in 2000s and you can read about it from newspapers archived from those era. Find it out yourself.

Who make claims,its his responsibility to defend it,not vice versa.

I'm pretty sure he didn't claimed such as all over world only similar news got published..

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/26/w...re-victims-in-bangladesh-border-skirmish.html

meanwhile,this was your govt's response...

The Bangladesh Government was also said to have denied that the attacks by the BDR and army had its backing and termed it as “adventurism of its local commanders’’.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2001/20010420/main1.htm

Back
Top Bottom