What's new

Peak 5353 still under Pakistan control

Can you point out Point 5353 on a map, I did that for your compatriots once, so go ahead, find it on a map which has the LOC/CFL marked out on it.

I remember you trying hard to get from them.... It was few months back right?

You did ? When ? :unsure:

I don't remember any maps just a conversation on Kargil ! :undecided:

Haiiinn....Dramei-baaaz ! :disagree:

Bad memory, yes I did, in fact I even posted unmarked maps of Siachen to test @Secur and asked him to spot the Siachen CFL on the Baltoro ridge.

I remember you trying hard to get from them.... It was few months back right?

Got it long back, it was the American maps that are hard to come by since the US army's command division was the cartographer in that case.

Bad memory, yes I did, in fact I even posted unmarked maps of Siachen to test @Secur and asked him to spot the Siachen CFL on the Baltoro ridge.

Hmmmn....I don't recall ! :(

Waisee @Xeric posted some Siachin maps the other day as well maybe you can show him your Kargil maps to determine what he thinks - I wouldn't have the faintest clue ! :unsure:

I wasn't in the Girl's Scout like you were ! :whistle:

This peak will only be useful if it helps you take Kashmir otherwise what's the point ?
Yep! It isn't a ground of tactical importance. Why waste resources on it?

And the posts of some of the Pakistanis here are hilarious! Like..... Indians ran away!....Cowards!....If the PA wasn't stopped, India would have lost everything!..... Indians are liars.....and so on ad infinitum!!

After having lost half their country in 1971 and 90,000 soldiers surrendering, they should now better! :P

Last edited:
Hmmmn....I don't recall ! :(

Waisee @Xeric posted some Siachin maps the other day as well maybe you can show him your Kargil maps to determine what he thinks - I wouldn't have the faintest clue ! :unsure:

I wasn't in the Girl's Scout like you were ! :whistle:

I saw those, those aren't detailed cartographic maps with the required sites marked, they are generic and are meant to simply support Pakistan's claim on Siachen.

As in, while we will obviously dispute any claim that may arise from them they are not incorrect but nor are they of the required detail.

I will post an unmarked sample, since I am done having to hand hold posters and once in a few months I have to dig them out again, lets see if anyone can even spot the point without me marking it.

I saw those, those aren't detailed cartographic maps with the required sites marked, they are generic and are meant to simply support Pakistan's claim on Siachen.

As in, while we will obviously dispute any claim that may arise from them they are not incorrect but nor are they of the required detail.

I will post an unmarked sample, since I am done having to hand hold posters and once in a few months I have to dig them out again, lets see if anyone can even spot the point without me marking it.

What would be the point of posting them ? I am neither a geographer nor a surveyor to make head or tales of it ? :unsure:

What would be the point of posting them ? I am neither a geographer nor a surveyor to make head or tales of it ? :unsure:

You can't read the legend and markers on a topo map?:rolleyes:
Didn't have geo in class 8th?

Support Pakistan's claim in 1958? :blink:

You can't read the legend and markers on a topo map?:rolleyes:
Didn't have geo in class 8th?

I never paid much attention to that sort of stuff ! :(

Besides you could mark a place as Peak 5353 which for all I know could be the coordinates of Mrs.Dillinger's kitchen ! :unsure:

I never paid much attention to that sort of stuff ! :(

Besides you could mark a place as Peak 5353 which for all I know could be the coordinates of Mrs.Dillinger's kitchen ! :unsure:

Lol no! Fine I won't post a topo map, I'll provide a terrain one, only this one is covered with snow unlike the rest, lets see the arm chair generals wade out of this. Besides I ain't marking it, there are VERY detailed reference maps out there (mostly american), go and find the peak and match the coordinates, why should I do all the lifting AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Here, try a generic google map for size.

jduGlFQ.jpg

@Xeric @Armstrong

I can spot black rock, tiger, tololing and the concerned peak in the above.
Your turn.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom