What's new

PDF Management Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will only post in English ok? Happy now? Pakistanis have the right to write in Urdu

@Hyperion @WebMaster

I have an idea by which PDF can be a force.

First there are a number of things we should notice, firstly, in strategic studies, Pakistanis are extremely underrepresented. I can count about 20 or so Pakistanis in key journals that publish research papers and opinion papers for think tanks and academia.

Second, there is no authoritative source online, I mean like a manual, for Pakistani defence and strategic studies by any Pakistanis, there is one by Harvard university.

Now, if we could do just two things, hold a blog with opinons by our TTs and great posters. Perhaps we could link up our individual blogs, by link, I mean.

Secondly, if we could train our TTs, I can help, to send academic papers in the articles and get them published, we could start having our impact.

Thirdly, we could also host interviews, articles and profiles of various important military personalities and send our articles to various newspapers to host and link them up to PDF.

Slowly but surely we woudl start making an impact. It would be cost effective, I don't think we would even need to put in a single penny. We could release an annual defence in PDF form to everyone to load, it could include our military's updates, battles, victories and important strategic development and direction for future.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Marshmallow jaan you have mentioned half of the members here that you support as mod.. :omghaha:

o forgot indian friends
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif

1- @seiko - very calm n friendly person... no ego ever seen:smart:

2- @Aka123 very very well behaved n neutral person:bunny:

2- @Ayush is very balanced n down to earth but as laggin behind in studies so not gud to make him a mod lol:tongue: jk

last but not the least,the Mother of all recommendations is non other than @arp2041
smileys-scare-861807.gif
:azn:

bangladeshies wud be on run for sure:omghaha:

o forgot indian friends

2- @Ayush is very balanced n down to earth but as laggin behind in studies so not gud to make him a mod lol:tongue: jk

last but not the least,the Mother of all recommendations is non other than @arp2041
smileys-scare-861807.gif

@WebMaster because of studies?? :cry:

Webby, seriously, after reading the convo between you and MK, a question comes to mind: Does PDF really have that much wide audience (juice if you will), that it could somehow be the "agent of change" regarding US media's perceptions of Pakistan? I think it to be a long shot at best. National media (of all nations), mostly toe the line as laid out by a State, it can't be even influenced by mega-budget consultancies / lobbying. :blink:

As per my experience, keeping a forum with 50,000+ members online must in itself be one tough job, let alone having a dedicated media arm. I mean, unless you are seriously funded for basics (cloud computing, development of custom PHP classes, db management, security, backups), and then some for the man-hours that you must be putting in yourself......... it must be a nightmare!

My two cents: If Pakistan needs positive e-media exposure (Organic/Viral) plus print-media, it needs to pour in millions upon millions of dollars into this media war. It costs a lots of money, and yes, it can be done. No question about it. However, as everyone knows, there is no free lunch!

P.S. I know because I have run such campaigns and have consulted successfully for various global brands in various sectors.

Oye you were in branding. Me too! Which agency/company?

Meri jan I'm in loads of things! :D

Was in advertising till 2008/2009. Then moved out used to consult for brands. Now full time into the finance space :P

From advertising and branding -----> zero work
to
Finance -------> full time work :partay:

o forgot indian friends

smileys-scare-861807.gif

ME, Marsha?:frown:

ME, Marsha?:frown:

o haha....i forgot...soz...:cheesy:

ofcourse your on top of thm....da most knowledgable,can talk abt any topic in detail n wid xtreme patience........like when if even somone throws a rock at u,u still reply wid limits....which is best thing being a mod!:tup:

o haha....i forgot...soz...:cheesy:

ofcourse your on top of thm....da most knowledgable,can talk abt any topic in detail n wid xtreme patience........like when if even somone throws a rock at u,u still reply wid limits....which is best thing being a mod!:tup:

Thank you Marsha. Actually I do threaten to kill people, mainly @Armstrong- I keep coming up with more insane ways to end him.

Pick one- Crushed underneath a feces smeared bottom of a buffalo.

OR

Left in the tender care of Hinduguy with no way of escape.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom