What's new

Pastor plans to burn effigy of Prophet of Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
What this pastor is going to do might be foolish and stupid, however any "reaction" in the form of killing human beings is a barbaric outrage against all sane human beings. It is a mystery to me that this is so hard to agree with.

Burn Pastor Jones in Effigy if you must and curse his name, but better though write giant "F*CK YOU TERRY JONES" signs or ignore him altogether and you won't hear any complaint, neither from me nor from the world community. That is not me "telling you what to do" as someone silly earlier suggested, but simply a suggestion of how to react to an idiot, without proving his point.

@Glorious:
Values differ and sensitivities and feelings do not deserve respect automatically. Someone might feel good or value raping little children obviously he does not deserve respect for that.

Even the universal human rights are a product of free speech and rational debate over hundreds of years.
All values and sentiments in principle can and should be challenged for us to improve the human condition as a whole.

Apart from what some of you might think, I am not doing it out of spite, even with ironic post I am trying to enlighten the debate.(maybe I sometimes overdue it with the irony)

Since Religion (especially Islam) forces itself upon my life even though I live in Germany, a secular state, I am forced to concern myself with it.
There is nothing illogical in trying to show the foolishness and the inhuman attitude a violent reaction to this and other similar incidents would be and to generally try to get people to think a little more deeply about there religious impulses.

It`s not illogical since he unlike most of us has an unbiased opinion, based on facts and reason.

Since his opinion, facts and reasons is dependent on his belief and involves other religions- it cannot be unbiased- When you say atheist- that automatically means another group of people who does not believe in any religion- and then their mere participation in religious discussion to justify their beliefs is illogical-

American man sentenced 25 years for Facebook and 'South Park' death threats | MuslimVillage.com

Pastors survives and this guys sentenced 25 years, this is double standards
No it is not double standard. It is the same standard which you are unable to understand.
In retaliation you can create offensive cartoon, burn books or effigies. However you cant kill others or damage other's properties.

Pastor has his own worldview, he may be wrong in his view, but his method of protest is nothing new. We all burn effigies of manmohan singh, zardari etc. It will be double standard if we oppose this one.

pastor knows with his monkey act, the monkeys are not allowed in heaven :)

He believes his GOD will allow him to be in heaven. Whatever your GOD think, he really does not give a damn.

However, his action is really provocative and I do not think it is necessary to do so. However, nothing in U.S. constitution can do anything about him and his action.

People can be angry, happy or disinterested. However, nobody can do any harm to him. That is where tolerance is.

No it is not double standard. It is the same standard which you are unable to understand.
In retaliation you can create offensive cartoon, burn books or effigies. However you cant kill others or damage other's properties.

Pastor has his own worldview, he may be wrong in his view, but his method of protest is nothing new. We all burn effigies of manmohan singh, zardari etc. It will be double standard if we oppose this one.

so you are saying that burning a holy book is same as burning a picture of a politician or a country's flag?? what nonsense

American man sentenced 25 years for Facebook and 'South Park' death threats | MuslimVillage.com

Pastors survives and this guys sentenced 25 years, this is double standards

What part of double-standards you are talking about?

That nut gives death-threat. He should be sentenced to prison as long as possible.

That pastor's action is also nutty. However, he does not hurt anyone or death-threat anyone. He can be ridiculed but he is fully protected by U.S. constitution.

so you are saying that burning a holy book is same as burning a picture of a politician or a country's flag?? what nonsense

It may be holy book for you, but it is nothing for him. As I said, you can burn any other book which you think is not holy to show your protest, who is stopping you.

Well, you can burn his bible if you want to retaliate. That is the best you can do within the boundary of laws if you are in the west.

Well, you can burn his bible if you want to retaliate. That is the best you can do within the boundary of laws if you are in the west.

then what wud be the difference between me and him??

then what wud be the difference between me and him??

Is that important? He simply shows that he detests your religion. U.S. is founded based on Christian faith. Its laws and all kinds of systems are based on Christian faith. If you are there, you are an outsider and your religion is outsider.

There will always people who do not like you or your religion. The best you can do is to explain your religion to them. At the end of day, they may learn to like you or your religion, or they just do not give a damn to your religion.

There is nothing you can do about it. It is just a book, nothing more and nothing less. You view it a holy book while other people may take it to the bathroom when they lack of toilet papers. They are protected under the constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom