What's new

Pastor plans to burn effigy of Prophet of Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry is the most selfish person on Earth. . .

Somebody must tell them that the Book they are about to burn contains the name of Jesus, Moses and so many other Prophets on which they have faith too. . In fact the name of Moses has occurred more often then Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). . .

There a couple of problems here. First off the person that is doing this is committing murder because his actions will cost innocent lives and secondly the fact that Muslims murdered those UN workers just a couple of weeks ago in Afghan because of stuff like this.
If someone burned the Torah, i`d be outraged too and very offended, but i wouldn`t go on a rampage killing anyone for it. Let alone people that just happen to be as the same faith as the person who did it...

for your info the Quran contains the name of Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David and Solomon also. . . And the name of Moses has occurred in Quran more often then Muhammad (S.A.W). . .

And idiot of a pastor jeopardizes hiundreds of innocent lives. I dont like these ultras along the infamous bible belt. The extremist are one confused bunch of morons. They take the christian faith and twist it into something evil.....*sigh*

for your info the Quran contains the name of Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David and Solomon also. . . And the name of Moses has occurred in Quran more often then Muhammad (S.A.W). . .

I do know that, so does the Bible, my point was that killing innocent people in the name of religion is never right.

People in Muslim countries burn western presidents in effigy and country flags all the time. That is also very insulting to people.
Nobody here riots and slaughters innocent people because of it. It is called civilization.

Although the pastor is acting stupidly (the phrase "You are not helping!" comes to mind), freedom of speech includes stupidity.

Get used to it. It is really non of your business what someone does to his own property on the other side of the planet for that matter. Deal with it like an adult and ignore it. If people in Afghanistan and Pakistan can manage that you will have done the one thing that will stop people from doing something like that again.. Not violently rioting and calling for his death, not even online, will help.
Because with every reaction thus far, the critics were proven right.

Btw. there is another "Everybody draw Mohammed Day" coming up. (I don't know when exactly but I read about it) I wonder if Pakistan will be without Youtube and Facebook again for days? :rolleyes:

Thats why i say Atheist are the biggest threat to the Mankind- They just dont respect any thing- bunch of immoral and insensitive &*gs

Thats why i say Atheist are the biggest threat to the Mankind- They just dont respect any thing- bunch of immoral and insensitive &*gs

On the contrary, atheists are rational people, far more rational than a religious person. Where religious people see divine intervention, they see logic.
You won`t find an atheist killing someone because of their religion or killing someone for the sake of religion.

I respect above all human lives, human dignity and Human Rights. I respect reasoned logic and evidence-based argument. Much more so than many religious people. What I do not respect are dangerous fairy-tales...

On the contrary, atheists are rational people, far more rational than a religious person. Where religious people see divine intervention, they see logic.
You won`t find an atheist killing someone because of their religion or killing someone for the sake of religion.

Its the same thing- America attacks Iraq- Religious people see it as a Crusade against Islam- Atheist see that as a fight for resources- such as Oil-

What makes you think finding a logical reason makes you less violent?-

Its the same thing- America attacks Iraq- Religious people see it as a Crusade against Islam- Atheist see that as a fight for resources- such as Oil-

What makes you think finding a logical reason makes you less violent?-

Not less violent, just less hypocritical.

I respect above all human lives, human dignity and Human Rights. I respect reasoned logic and evidence-based argument. Much more so than many religious people. What I do not respect are dangerous fairy-tales...

why dont you respect Human values, Sensitivities and Feelings attached with those same Humans?-

You like rational logics- how about 'me telling you that- Being an Atheist your participation in a thread talking about religion is illogical?- -

why dont you respect Human values, Sensitivities and Feelings attached with those same Humans?-

You like rational logics- how about 'me telling you that- Being an Atheist your participation in a thread talking about religion is illogical?- -

It`s not illogical since he unlike most of us has an unbiased opinion, based on facts and reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom