What's new

Pastor plans to burn effigy of Prophet of Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastor Jones expressed his right to democratically vent his concerns about Islam and to show his displeasure about the international conduct of Muslims. I do not agree with his need to burn an Islamic scripture but I am for 100% support of his peaceful exhibition of his views. The rest of the posts here about Gitmo, OBL etc is all irrelevant. This entire thing boils down to the inability of Asians to accept peaceful criticism. They wallow in their 3rd world environment banning books which questions the sexual life of some freedom fighter who they call a Mahatma or ban books relating to some satirist who reflects on the writing of the Islamic books or they simply just limit their thinking ability by permitting their governments to selectively permit them access to the internet. Usually this form of censorship is justified on the basis that mob riots will erupt if these written expressions are permitted in the country. That is purely justification for bigotry. If anything, the fact that the government of the USA did not prosecute this pastor for his peaceful protest is admirable. Asians should aspire towards that kind of government instead of continuously questioning why the USA permits peaceful protest which includes the burning of the Koran.

Pastor Jones expressed his right to democratically vent his concerns about Islam and to show his displeasure about the international conduct of Muslims. I do not agree with his need to burn an Islamic scripture but I am for 100% support of his peaceful exhibition of his views. The rest of the posts here about Gitmo, OBL etc is all irrelevant. This entire thing boils down to the inability of Asians to accept peaceful criticism. They wallow in their 3rd world environment banning books which questions the sexual life of some freedom fighter who they call a Mahatma or ban books relating to some satirist who reflects on the writing of the Islamic books or they simply just limit their thinking ability by permitting their governments to selectively permit them access to the internet. Usually this form of censorship is justified on the basis that mob riots will erupt if these written expressions are permitted in the country. That is purely justification for bigotry. If anything, the fact that the government of the USA did not prosecute this pastor for his peaceful protest is admirable. Asians should aspire towards that kind of government instead of continuously questioning why the USA permits peaceful protest which includes the burning of the Koran.

You wouldn't appreciate this liberty if a Muslim cleric had burnt the Gita, you would ask why the government was not taking any action against that. Long live the hypocrisy of the noble indians!

not this religious bs again...

It is just so weird. You choose to write a bunch of nonsense instead of answering my main question in my reply to your accusations???

Yes, I promptly flunked out of ESL after breaking the TOEFL record in the school district ... anyways, it's the internet ... I can claim to be as much a professor as you are.

O wait ... hell no! I ain't even close.

Let me serve it up to you straight in "street gang" English, or street-gang Chinese if it helps you "absorb" better.

Of the whole lot that I have seen around here, you have the least of what it takes to play "Citizen Chan". I could spot just how poorly you are "equipped" to handle this "game" from a mile away from the way you fumble the usage of even the most elementary "buzz words".

Don't for a minute presume you can out-suck the suckers. Even "sucking" takes skills, which, I am sorry to say, you utterly lack. The sad truth is that you possess neither the command of the language, nor a knowledge in history/politics to make it "fun" or instructive.

We can all focus on "好好做人" ... And just claiming to have good intentions is not a good enough excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom