What's new

Pastor plans to burn effigy of Prophet of Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in Muslim countries burn western presidents in effigy and country flags all the time. That is also very insulting to people.
Nobody here riots and slaughters innocent people because of it. It is called civilization.

Although the pastor is acting stupidly (the phrase "You are not helping!" comes to mind), freedom of speech includes stupidity.

Get used to it. It is really non of your business what someone does to his own property on the other side of the planet for that matter. Deal with it like an adult and ignore it. If people in Afghanistan and Pakistan can manage that you will have done the one thing that will stop people from doing something like that again.. Not violently rioting and calling for his death, not even online, will help.

Btw. there is another "Everybody draw Mohammed Day" coming up. (I don't know when exactly but I read about it) I wonder if Pakistan will be without Youtube and Facebook again for days? :rolleyes:

Unbeliever telling believers what to do... haha nice and funny...

yea kya ch....panti hai? an umbrella should be shoved in his bum and then opened. this should be his punishment. what an a$$hole this guy is, what's the point in provoking people.

People in Muslim countries burn western presidents in effigy and country flags all the time. That is also very insulting to people.
Nobody here riots and slaughters innocent people because of it. It is called civilization.

Although the pastor is acting stupidly (the phrase "You are not helping!" comes to mind), freedom of speech includes stupidity.

Get used to it. It is really non of your business what someone does to his own property on the other side of the planet for that matter. Deal with it like an adult and ignore it. If people in Afghanistan and Pakistan can manage that you will have done the one thing that will stop people from doing something like that again.. Not violently rioting and calling for his death, not even online, will help.
Because with every reaction thus far, the critics were proven right.

Btw. there is another "Everybody draw Mohammed Day" coming up. (I don't know when exactly but I read about it) I wonder if Pakistan will be without Youtube and Facebook again for days? :rolleyes:

Exageration much? Who is stopping "western countries" from burning flags of the so called muslim countries or the president of these countries? The last time he burned a Quran, did the 1.2 Billion muslims start rioting all at once and burn Bibles and kill Christians?

The only place where there any deaths was Afghanistan which is under US occupation. And even there not all Afghans support killing of civilians but were vocal about their protests. Lets look at facts rather than media hype.

But you will not see any Muslim burning effigies or holy books of Jews or Christians. Why? Because muslims by their faith are required to respect them. Jesus and Moses are also respected as prophets.

It is unfortunate that even average "westerners" can actually be able to justify such levels of bigotry by saying "Oh muslim country burnt our president's effigy and flag so we can burn their holy book". Only a bigot can justify such a thing. And the next logical step is ofcourse hate crimes against Muslims.

Its not far off, an educated pregnant women (a Pharmacist) in Germany was shot dead IN COURT by a German who was obviously influenced by such bigotry just for wearing a head scarf. Marwa al-Sherbini was one case, but without checks to keep such bigotry neutralised more will happen.

I doubt if this news is true, there is no other source on the internet.

yea kya ch....panti hai? an umbrella should be shoved in his bum and then opened. this should be his punishment. what an a$$hole this guy is, what's the point in provoking people.
his point is to get violent reactions from muslims and then give chance to media to criticise muslims for their violent reactions :)

There a couple of problems here. First off the person that is doing this is committing murder because his actions will cost innocent lives and secondly the fact that Muslims murdered those UN workers just a couple of weeks ago in Afghan because of stuff like this.
If someone burned the Torah, i`d be outraged too and very offended, but i wouldn`t go on a rampage killing anyone for it. Let alone people that just happen to be as the same faith as the person who did it...

With showing hate toward any religion he will not get any thing but will at least achieve some familiarity in media .

But you will not see any Muslim burning effigies or holy books of Jews or Christians. Why? Because muslims by their faith are required to respect them. Jesus and Moses are also respected as prophets.
But not their followers. Respect Jesus, but do not allow His followers to build a house of worship, or beat His followers for talking about Him.

It is unfortunate that even average "westerners" can actually be able to justify such levels of bigotry by saying "Oh muslim country burnt our president's effigy and flag so we can burn their holy book". Only a bigot can justify such a thing. And the next logical step is ofcourse hate crimes against Muslims.
Yup...There are rallies everywhere everyday the Quran is being burned? One guy burn the Quran over here, some people die for it over there. One 'Death to America' and burn the US flag over there, and nobody bat an eye over here.

Exaggeration much?

But not their followers. Respect Jesus, but do not allow His followers to build a house of worship, or beat His followers for talking about Him.

Yup...There are rallies everywhere everyday the Quran is being burned? One guy burn the Quran over here, some people die for it over there. One 'Death to America' and burn the US flag over there, and nobody bat an eye over here.

Exaggeration much?

What onion news reported this??

Connecting scattered dots to try to make a claim are we?

What onion news reported this??

Connecting scattered dots to try to make a claim are we?
Is this true...???

Indonesia jails Muslim radical over Christian attack
Murhali Barda, head of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) in Bekasi, a city to the east of Jakarta, was convicted of "unpleasant deeds" in an attack on a priest and a Christian elder last September.

Sentencing Barda to five-and-a-half months in prison, Judge Wasdi Permana said he had "misused his authority as a cleric. He had urged protesters to disrupt the church's worship activities."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom