What's new

Passengers on Tejas Express smash LCD screens, soil toilets: We clearly don't understand civic duty

Its the attitude of immature & illiterate Indians unlike those residents in Europe.

Educated people would not behave this way and destroy their own.
In India it appears that educated and well to do are the culprits in Most cases. Poor and illiterate can only travel in General Bogey.
In fact educated people with money can be seen throwing Beer Bottles on the roads, beaches everywhere they drink.

Guys, let us please not widen the discussion.

We really need to concentrate on toilet habits. Where we truly stink.

Very saddening indeed. Civic sense and common courtesy is something we lack.
However I do feel like we are moving in the right direction though- bad habits like littering, or pan spitting have almost disappeared in New Delhi (can't say about other cities).
Future generations with higher standards of living, higher literacy and higher incomes will definitely be leaps and bounds ahead in this respect.
I disagree, you can still find those pan spits almost everywhere, people from UP/Bihar are residing here at faster rate though we should thank delhi metro for change behaviour of delhitians. New delhi railway station is ok too.
For future generation, I think we could use children to make fun of such adults, plant such morals in text books etc.

Chinese too have some of the problems that we do regarding neatness. Unclean Toilet, wet floor is an issue almost everywhere in Asia including China, Malaysia, Indonesia etc (Japan should be an exception) as is spitting. Even in Shanghai, do a little Google search or visit China, you would occasionally find yourself barely escaping flying spits whether you are walking side of road, eating at restaurant or elsewhere. But they are better at some as well. We just need to improve our habits rather than trying to be others.

China, Malaysia & Indonesia have them, they have them in few cases.
But India has in many cases.
And this is on per capita basis.
Thats the difference.

Been there done that.
I am a frequent flier.

Was on a flight from sao paulo to abu dhabi full of chinese guys last yr. And the flight looked as if a cyclone had hit it at the end of the flight with hand towels , headphones , neck rests strewn mostly on the floor.

And this is just a small step up from a shatabdhi express , so why this drastic difference in behaviour ?
Never seen a shatabdi in such a bad state

This is depressing:(
What were those morons trying to do with an LCD panel?sell it for scrap? I mean those displays on back of the seats are just display units alone right. Those idiots trying to steal it might have thought that it was an whole iPad.
They need to put up some CCTV cameras in there and make them pay.

These kind of news depresses me. I know this thread will draw trolls from our neighbours with sarcastic comments, but ignoring those, we must ponder as to how to change this kind of behavior? Nothing to do with political parties.

@Levina @SarthakGanguly @SorryNotSorry @Water Car Engineer @Ryuzaki @Nilgiri @ito
Partly true.

But let's not be emotional and look at the damage.

1. Two screens were damaged.
2. x number of headphones were stolen.

This experience is SIMILAR to any other train in India. (dirty toilets, broken seats etc)

There are plenty of lowlives who live here who donot deserve to live.

What surprises me is that what were the other people doing when someone was trying to yank out a screen?

Chinese too have some of the problems that we do regarding neatness. Unclean Toilet, wet floor is an issue almost everywhere in Asia including China, Malaysia, Indonesia etc (Japan should be an exception) as is spitting. Even in Shanghai, do a little Google search or visit China, you would occasionally find yourself barely escaping flying spits whether you are walking side of road, eating at restaurant or elsewhere. But they are better at some as well. We just need to improve our habits rather than trying to be others.
Ignore dumps and focus on the topic pls. :)

Though the news is depressing, there is an easy way out. In Tejas Express, all seats are reserved. We can easily determine the name of passenger who did the damage. Just impose triple amount of fine for whoever damages railway property.

Though the news is depressing, there is an easy way out. In Tejas Express, all seats are reserved. We can easily determine the name of passenger who did the damage. Just impose triple amount of fine for whoever damages railway property.
Doable if u dont allow ppl to change seats.
Other solution is to catch them in the act and toss them out of the running train and put it on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom