What's new

Passengers on Tejas Express smash LCD screens, soil toilets: We clearly don't understand civic duty

Just curious, dose Modi's "Clean India" campaign since 2014 have any positive impact on the behavior of general public so far?
A little...of course.
But I m afraid, we Indians forget things very soon.
So like the other ills which a present in us go unacknowledged, good things such as Modi's clean india initiative is escaping from ppls minds too. Which is sad.
We are forgetful ppl who don't learn from their mistakes much.

These kind of news depresses me. I know this thread will draw trolls from our neighbours with sarcastic comments, but ignoring those, we must ponder as to how to change this kind of behavior? Nothing to do with political parties.

You are worried about a train, the place I live in
  • Cannot leave my car parked outside in street or road ............ some idiot would definitely scratch the paint
  • Whenever I use ablution place in mosques, the naswar (tobacco chew) is there in the drain, random piece of soap is blocking the drainage, wooden pieces miswak are there, and if in emergency and there is no option and I have to literally use the toilet, don't even ask ........... I am talking about mosques forget what we do elsewhere
  • Oh yes I cannot even imagine to leave my shoes / slippers etc out at the main gate of mosque
  • I have seen litter in places where I wondered why would someone do this here, names and telephone numbers written in places where it won't make any sense .......... forts or ancient remains etc
  • Public toilets even if they are maintained and cleaned ........ you would still read the brilliant mentality all over on the doors and the walls. Ahh the brilliant Artistic drawings and postures ......something that would shame kamasutra
It's in the soil of sub continent ............. beyond hope.

Once , during univ days.

Me and a group of friends took the newly built BRT Metros to the old campus ..

On the platform , I saw these 2 illiterate kids , trying to remove some sticker from the wrong side of the auto sliding door.. when they couldn't, they tried to literally pull the door open.

I had enough and decided to ask them why they were acting like Fukin idiots.

The reply was shocking "yeh hamari hai", belongs to us (public).

I told that azzhole, that if it's your father's, treat it as such aswell.

Moral; People are assholez specially ones with no good/bad upbringing and education.

You teach such basic things to your kids... for example, when I was a kid, I remember me throwing a wrapper on the road, my father stopped the car, rebuked me and made me pick it up and throw it in a bin.

Since than I've never littered.
Like father, like son.

You are worried about a train, the place I live in
  • Cannot leave my car parked outside in street or road ............ some idiot would definitely scratch the paint
  • Whenever I use ablution place in mosques, the naswar (tobacco chew) is there in the drain, random piece of soap is blocking the drainage, wooden pieces miswak are there, and if in emergency and there is no option and I have to literally use the toilet, don't even ask ........... I am talking about mosques forget what we do elsewhere
  • Oh yes I cannot even imagine to leave my shoes / slippers etc out at the main gate of mosque
  • I have seen litter in places where I wondered why would someone do this here, names and telephone numbers written in places where it won't make any sense .......... forts or ancient remains etc
  • Public toilets even if they are maintained and cleaned ........ you would still read the brilliant mentality all over on the doors and the walls. Ahh the brilliant Artistic drawings and postures ......something that would shame kamasutra
It's in the soil of sub continent ............. beyond hope.
these are the things that unite the whole of south asia. very good examples btw. same here this side as well.
add to that
: raju loves minu n likes with a heart adorning their (or maybe onesided mostly) fantasy in every historical monuments.

Been on indian trains multiple times, bro. The people suck more than the trains. They throw used food packets right out of the window, the toilets... Omg, Don't breathe when you're there, they squat in the area near the toilets if they don't have a reservation.
Too much to list out.
I ain't trolling, its my experience.
The trains in South - India is cleaner compared to the north.
true story.
i m ashamed as an indian.
however, next time take a rajdhani express. those r better, n you dont have to suffer in general/sleeper class.

this is very shameful act by fellow passengers, what India need is Civic sense first before luxury trains, and it has to be done at Kindergartner level by introducing them as extra curricular,

As for trolls and other people trying to undermine each other, we should not be justifying this act by posting links for what Chinese and Pakistan people does to public properties, its our fault and we should correct this irrespective of what other are doing and have done already.

these are the things that unite the whole of south asia. very good examples btw. same here this side as well.
add to that
: raju loves minu n likes with a heart adorning their (or maybe onesided mostly) fantasy in every historical monuments.

May be Taj Mahal is the inspiration there ....... or the side effects of rising testosterone levels. On our side some of the cases exhibit their Eastern values, like the guy who writes or draws that heart with Arrow won't mention full names of but instead would suffice by saying K loves S ............ man that dripping heart and that arrow passing through it ....... speaks tons of tragedy. And in some very honest cases the guy would simply write his telephone number hoping someone would notice his true love.

These kind of news depresses me. I know this thread will draw trolls from our neighbours with sarcastic comments, but ignoring those, we must ponder as to how to change this kind of behavior? Nothing to do with political parties.

We're in the same boat, there is a chronic lack of civil sense. Our people litter on roads, colour entire cities red spitting paan at any convenient wall, garbage is tossed into any public space until it becomes the local dumping ground.
We can't poke points at you for something that we ourselves are guilty of.

Last edited:
Been on indian trains multiple times, bro. The people suck more than the trains. They throw used food packets right out of the window, the toilets... Omg, Don't breathe when you're there, they squat in the area near the toilets if they don't have a reservation.
Too much to list out.
I ain't trolling, its my experience.
The trains in South - India is cleaner compared to the north.

How do they compare to the normal Chinese trains? Not the HSRs, but the normal trains that most of the Chinese people use.

upload_2017-5-26_12-23-32.png

upload_2017-5-26_12-23-44.png

upload_2017-5-26_12-23-53.png

upload_2017-5-26_12-24-5.png

upload_2017-5-26_12-24-14.png

The rest of the pics are too graphic to be posted here.

http://www.chinahush.com/2014/03/17/the-most-disgusting-trains-in-china/
The problem is population. There are just way too many people in India and in China. China being the richer country, has more resources to address the problems compared to India.

How do they compare to the normal Chinese trains? Not the HSRs, but the normal trains that most of the Chinese people use.

View attachment 399322

View attachment 399323

View attachment 399324

View attachment 399325

View attachment 399326

The rest of the pics are too graphic to be posted here.

http://www.chinahush.com/2014/03/17/the-most-disgusting-trains-in-china/
The problem is population. There are just way too many people in India and in China. China being the richer country, has more resources to address the problems compared to India.
You see, there is no point. I can as well get many pictures from Google. What you posted is a rarity. But the fact remain, this is still happening on Indian trains everyday.
I know you're butthurt which you will deny.

add to that

true story.
i m ashamed as an indian.
however, next time take a rajdhani express. those r better, n you dont have to suffer in general/sleeper class.
Don't have to be ashamed, I've seen educated Indians who have civic sense. Just that these uneducated passengers needs an eye opener. The authorities needs to introduce a fine or something if you throw stuffs out of the windows or flush the toilet after use.

You see, there is no point. I can as well get many pictures from Google. What you posted is a rarity. But the fact remain, this is still happening on Indian trains everyday.
I know you're butthurt which you will deny.

We ll never know if its a rarity or if its the Chinese firewall keeping such images from leaking out to the world.

And lets just for arguments sake, assume that it is indeed a rarity in China, then why does it happen even on rare occasions? Do civilized Chinese folks suddenly on "rare occasions" become uncouth for kicks and giggles? Or does it have something to do with over crowding, bad design and poor management?

Till we dont start executing, yes executing people for destroying public property, yeh gadhe ke baache will not understand. These are stubborn wild public who has no basic civil sense.

We ll never know if its a rarity or if its the Chinese firewall keeping such images from leaking out to the world.

And lets just for arguments sake, assume that it is indeed a rarity in China, then why does it happen even on rare occasions? Do civilized Chinese folks suddenly on "rare occasions" become uncouth for kicks and giggles? Or does it have something to do with over crowding, bad design and poor management?
I wasn't in the mood to troll now. But as soon as you mentioned firewall, i know you're simply butthurt.

To answer your question, I've been on Chinese and Indian trains. Have you?
I've never seen this on Chinese trains but its an everyday issue in Indian trains.

Poverty is the greatest dehumaniser.

It turns people into.....

When you have centuries of poverty and apthetic governments in South/South West Asia... how can you expect common people to behave like a developed country?

It is the responsibility of the government to educate people, reduce poverty and provide services...

True education, along with economic development and governmental social education programs...thing can/will change...

It is very difficult to break a culture of apathy which goes back some centuries...

When you have feudal classes or a caste based system.... how can you expect common people to have dignity for themselves let alone for others???

Compassion and understanding is needed to elevate Human Condition!

Back
Top Bottom