What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

NO, YOU are glad. Do not make an *** of yourself by being presumtuous. You represent no one but yourself. You come across as being terribly arrogant too. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your mind? In any case @haviZsultan's point stands proved. It was the likes of YOU who pushed Bengali brothers into a corner. You and your superior airs. Huh!

havisultan is an urdu speaker so im not using the kind of language i can use

abe jaahil ganwar, you punjabis broke pakistan and you blame urdu speaker who died for pakistan and sustained massacres, migrated for another time on them? we suppressed bengalis? we started operation search light? we killed bengalis

azra hosh ke nakhun le idiot, be careful before you open your stupid dumb mouth

do you have read any history?

it was army comprising punjabis how did all the mess and our behari forefathers had to go all through this, the punjabis simply surrendered and returned to west pakistan leaving us to bear all the consequences, my nana got killed because he stood for pakistan dumb ******* retard

as i said be careful what you speak, dont try to open pandora box because i have a lot to speak and curse at

you guys destroy pakistan and blame us

shame on you

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you know how many different Dialects are there of our local/regional languages..You will realize that any such effort to introduce regional languages as official language wont bring unity..
The founders of Paistan realized this and brought in a language which had a bit of every language and was convenient and easy for the people of Pakistan to adopt.
Trying to fix what is not broen is never a good approach...Urdu is doing fine as National language.
I dont mind keeping study ofregional language as an optional subject in Schools.But i am against making people adopt a certain Language because they live in a certain area or part of Pakistan.

no offence,but what do you think about india's approach on this.we have 22 recognised languages.and every state work is carried out in two languages-1.regional. 2.english

whereas central work is done in hindi and english.

as for the regional languages, lets make all the regional languages official too, but then, whats next? make saraikistan too? make hazara suba too? make mahajir suba too? make south pashtunkhuwa subaa too? make makran separate suba too?

the problem then is like india where the south indians speak english with north indians, pakistani will have too, speak english to converse with each other

if its a brilliant idea, we all should go ahead, but where does that lead too? more distance, more barriers, more fights?

does it solve the political barriers existing today?

in canada the montreal wants to be separate

now if you want it then by all means make all regional languages official and make urdu optional, then the question is where does this lead pakistan too? the integrity or the disintegrity, the all powers are with punjabis and as urdu speakers are being targetted the evil beings here, dont have any

it doesnt stop sindhis blaming punjabis stopping their water, its doesnt stop balochis blaming punjabis for their internal crises and stealing their resources, its doesnt stop the pashtuns to mingle their afghani brethren

so by all means do it, if you think its for the best

Whats the alternative?

IMHO ?

Stick to Urdu as the official language and encourage Pashto along with other local languages (based on the student's personal choice) in schools.
Conserves heritage while integrating society.

But seeing how touchy this topic is to so many members, I'm going to leave it at that.

It's not a big deal to implement a regional language as an official language within that particular state. What's the result - you will have forms and information available in an additional language while the ethnic people get to retain their language. Welsh is an official language in Wales - does that mean the Welsh don't speak English? Quebec has French in Canada. The southern states in India would feel alienated and I think in the 1950s they did and refused to accept the paramountcy of Hindi. In East Pakistan too - the seeds of alienation were sown when Bengalis were told that Bengali would not be given equal status.

Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once...

Where does this end? You know how our society is. Languages have transformed from sources of a rich heritage to political weapons.

Demands for an official status can easily transform to demands for a separate province tomorrow. With the way our politics go, we'll have even bloodier turf wars than what we see in Karachi.

I have always encouraged the promotion of Pakistan's heritage, culture and the wonderful variety of the languages spoken here. But we have only used languages to divide ourselves further than anyone else.

Perfect recipe to keep people illiterate and confined. All of our education must be in English.

havisultan is an urdu speaker so im not using the kind of language i can use

abe jaahil ganwar, you punjabis broke pakistan and you blame urdu speaker who died for pakistan and sustained massacres, migrated for another time on them? we suppressed bengalis? we started operation search light? we killed bengalis

azra hosh ke nakhun le idiot, be careful before you open your stupid dumb mouth

do you have read any history?

it was army comprising punjabis how did all the mess and our behari forefathers had to go all through this, the punjabis simply surrendered and returned to west pakistan leaving us to bear all the consequences, my nana got killed because he stood for pakistan dumb ******* retard

as i said be careful what you speak, dont try to open pandora box because i have a lot to speak and curse at

you guys destroy pakistan and blame us

shame on you

Thanks for proving both me and @haviZsultan correct. It is the likes of YOU who create divisions by assuming superiority. Let me quote you: "we are all glad that bengladesh is not a part of pakistan" How can you defend saying something like that?

Its easy. Shift the blame and declare inocense. 21 Feb 1952 was the day when foundation for Bangladesh was laid when Bengali students were killed. They were protesting for thier langugage, Bengali, be given rights equal to Urdu (not Punjabi). Our Bengali brothers were also upset about the attitude displayed by high level beauraucrats, overwhelming majority of whom comprised of Urdu-speakers.

The above are facts that can not be overlooked. Next time you try to shift blame, think about facts first. We are not blind. Bangladesh was OUR mistake. Not specifically Punjabi or Pakhtun or Sindhi. We are all to blame. If you wan to debate otherwise, then start a new thread and challenge me to make a case. I would certainly oblige.

You may want to answer my post and I would be glad if you use the language like you did before. That would help me prove my point. Thanks.

Thanks for proving both me and @haviZsultan correct. It is the likes of YOU who create divisions by assuming superiority. Let me quote you: "we are all glad that bengladesh is not a part of pakistan" How can you defend saying something like that?

Its easy. Shift the blame and declare inocense. 21 Feb 1952 was the day when foundation for Bangladesh was laid when Bengali students were killed. They were protesting for thier langugage, Bengali, be given rights equal to Urdu (not Punjabi). Our Bengali brothers were also upset about the attitude displayed by high level beauraucrats, overwhelming majority of whom comprised of Urdu-speakers.

The above are facts that can not be overlooked. Next time you try to shift blame, think about facts first. We are not blind. Bangladesh was OUR mistake. Not specifically Punjabi or Pakhtun or Sindhi. We are all to blame. If you wan to debate otherwise, then start a new thread and challenge me to make a case. I would certainly oblige.

You may want to answer my post and I would be glad if you use the language like you did before. That would help me prove my point. Thanks.

you are quoting me where as you are too dumb to realise some facts

1) punjabis broke punjab and not urdu speakers the reality which doesnt change with any of my words

2) urdu speakers were beaurocrats who dont control the army, the army generals control the army and punjabis killed bengalis and not urdu speakers

3) quaid e azam said urdu should be the national language, bengali never accepted quaid e azam as their leader, they accepted mujib as their leader who sent his guys to KGB for training against pakistan, mujeeb also got backed by india

4) lets consider if bengladesh was part of pakistan which according to ayub khan was never on cards because the separation was cards for a long time, ayub khan said there will never be east pakistan united with west pakistan

5) ayub khan and not urdu speakers did the mistake by making east and west two units and thats where the mess started and not the bengali language

6) urdu speakers never brought guns to bengalis, we were beurocrats and not the army, urdu speakers did got into trouble by supporting the pakistani army comprising majority of punjabi people, till today bengalis purely hate punjabis and not over all pakistanis

7) punjabis are even hated by baloch people, there are wall chokings to curse punjabis, baloch perception about punjabis is the lowest among all pakistanis

8) if east pakistan was with the west we were thronged by immigrants by bengali population, it would have been burden on us,

9) they bengalis conveniently play the indian card, they are more closer to india then pakistan geographically and culturally

10) bengalis would have back stabbed us many times making west pakistan weaker

11) bengalis hate pakistan just go to their country and try to get theor hospitality on bases of a pakistanis

12) punjabis your ancestors ran away after surrendering where as our ancestors urdu speakers laid down many lives just because we harboured the pak army which left us to rot in there

13) the urdu speakers were butchered like animals for supporting pakistan cause, no help came from west pakistan to rescue the stranded urdu speakers

14) urdu speakers had choice to accept bengladeshi nationality, they didnt because they expected pakistan to rescue them and hold pakistan identity, for this they were treated worse then shudras of india

15) the punjabis escaped where bengalis massacred raped, stole our properties and we were forced to hide for our lives and migrate with nothing in our hand

Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once. Try to do it just once. Urdu speaker families like mine sold Bengal due to this same attitude-I can produce news headlines from the time. Its just a language and when we talk of the primacy of urdu we talk of our families privileged position on top. I saw this and how we represented the status quo. You might hate me but I am not really just merging as a Pashtun despite being a migrant essentially. I am challenging deep-rooted traditions and attacking ancient beliefs. By merging I seek to open our eyes that it was always possible to merge, become Sindhis. This is our migrants failure not the Sindhis or others.

Also it isn't the pathans who can't think beyond ethnicity. Its all of us. Meri darkhast hai key tum log unki nazar sey masley ko dekho. Their languages are dying in favor of Urdu and according to reports. Only 61% people can write the word zuban in Pashto. We Pakistanis are like a flower. Each petal comprises the flower, not just one petal. Urdu+Pashto+Punjabi+Seraiki and more make up this flower. So please. Let the Pashtuns decide.

The Pashtun in me sees this as a welcome step... but I am a Pakistani first and being one means loving all cultures and languages. This should only happen if Sindhi, Balochi and Punjabi too become official. @Chak Bamu, @Armstrong @Pukhtoon, @Hyperion what do you guys think?

Oh I oppose this along with Sindhi, Balochi & Punjabi being made the Official Languages of any Province !

I'd much rather if Urdu were to stay the Official Language of all of our Provinces with one Regional Language of Choice being introduced at the Provincial Level to be made mandatory for all those who wish to learn it ! If a class has the available numbers than they have the right to be taught Sindhi in Lahore & likewise Barahui in Sargodha ! One regional language of choice to be made mandatory. Those who want to learn Pashto whilst sitting in Mianwali should have that choice likewise those who wish to learn Potwahri whilst living in Jhelum should have that choice; assuming that the number of students are enough.

Punjab is not the land of the Punjabis nor is Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa the land of the Pukthoons they are lands of Punjab & Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa domicile holders who may or may not be ethnic Punjabis or ethnic Pukhtoons !

Thankfully such BS won't sell in Punjab !

@Hyperion @Marshmallow @Talon @HAMMAD REHMAN KHAN @haviZsultan

Why does everyone like to fight?

I mean regional languages can be whatever...but why go to national level?

Isnt the nation PAKISTAN enough? Why divide it further? Any imbisle comes along giving backward ideas and everyone like sheep follows them?! :blink:

We need a shepherd now!

Why does everyone like to fight?

I mean regional languages can be whatever...but why go to national level?

Isnt the nation PAKISTAN enough? Why divide it further? Any imbisle comes along giving backward ideas and everyone like sheep follows them?! :blink:

We need a shepherd now!

Abaiii National Language Urdu hiii haiii they're talking about making it the Official Language at the Provincial Level ! :blink:

Abaiii National Language Urdu hiii haiii they're talking about making it the Official Language at the Provincial Level ! :blink:
@Armstrong
o sorry meant provincial level :oops:

Shouldnt it be URDU and English....

They can keep regional level...

@Armstrong
o sorry meant provincial level :oops:

Shouldnt it be URDU and English....

They can keep regional level...

Thats my opinion as well but for all intents & purposes this is, hopefully, just an election gimmick because if they decide upon Pashto to be the official language of KPK they would have lost the Hazara region permanently & possible some of the non Pashto speaking districts of the rest of KPK ! Likewise if Punjabi were to be made the Official Language of Punjab, there is bound to be resentment in the Seraiki-Pashto speaking region of Minawali, the predominantly Pothari, Gojri & Hindko speaking of Northern Punjab & whatever remains of the Seraiki belt after Southern Punjab & Bhwalapur have been separated from Punjab.

Back
Top Bottom