What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

Ddsm_msVMAEus7z.jpg:large

Is ko kehtey hain time waste karna sidhi tarah batao paisey aye kahan sey

Nawaz denies ownership of Avenfield flats while recording statement in accountability court
Malik Asad | Mohammad ImranUpdated May 21, 2018
Facebook Count1
Twitter Share

Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif, while recording his statement in the Avenfield reference before the accountability court in Islamabad on Monday, denied ownership of the London properties and told the court that he had not been privy to any transactions for the acquisition of the properties.

The ousted prime minister, his daughter Maryam Nawaz, and son-in-law retired Captain Muhammad Safdar, have been asked to record final statements in their defence under Section 342 of the Criminal Procedure Code and to produce, on record, anything contradicting the statements of the 19 prosecution witnesses in the case.

Nawaz's statement is a response to a questionnaire comprising 128 questions, which was handed to his lawyer by the accountability judge on May 16. According to the questionnaire, the court has asked Nawaz if he was the benami owner of Nescoll and Nielsen, the two offshore companies that were shown as having ownership of the Avenfield flats.

Read more: PML-N papers: Purchase of London flats and the Al-Thani connection

Testifying before the court today, Nawaz said, "I was never involved in or associated with the acquisition of the London properties through any real or beneficial title."

Regarding the money trail of the London properties, Nawaz said, "I have never been a participant in or eyewitness to any of the transactions mentioned in Tariq Shafi's affidavit."

Shafi, a relative of Nawaz, in his affidavit claimed that he deposited 12 million dirhams in cash with the Qatari ruling family following the sale of the Gulf Steel Mills in 1980.

In the affidavit dated Jan 20, 2017, which was also part of the concise statement submitted by Hussain Nawaz, Shafi stated that he had deposited the massive sum with Sheikh Fahad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al-Thani of Qatar, after receiving each instalment from Mohammad Abdullah Kayed Ahli.

Read more: PM’s cousin gave 12m dirhams to Qatari ruling family

During his testimony, Nawaz said that he could not say anything about the documents his son Hussain had submitted in the apex court with regard to the London apartments.

Hussain is also accused in this case but has been absconding since the trial began.

During his testimony, Nawaz expressed his reservations over the formation of the Panamagate Joint Investigation Team (JIT) and the selection of its six members.

He claimed that the JIT head, Wajid Zia, had hired his own close relative to "produce fabricated evidence" against the Sharif family.

Nawaz also said in court that Bilal Rasool, another member of the JIT, is a close relative of former Lahore mayor Mian Azhar, while State Bank of Pakistan's Amer Aziz was also a part of the investigation of the Hudaibiya Paper mills reference — which was quashed by the the Lahore High Court.

Regarding the appointments of Brigadier Nouman Saeed of the Inter-Services Intelligence and Brigadier Kamran Khursheed of the Military Intelligence to the JIT, Nawaz said, "Their appointments were inappropriate with the obvious fallout on the JIT proceedings, given the civil-military tension that has plagued the country throughout its 70 year history."

Read more: Profiles of JIT members

Nawaz also said that during the course of the JIT probe and the filing of the references, he was not given the right to a free trial as enshrined in Article 10A of the Constitution.

The ousted premier, during his testimony, said the prosecution could not produce any evidence that links him to the London flats.

Moving on to questions regarding the Gulf Steel Mills, Nawaz said that he does not directly know where the funds for the creation of the factory came from. "However, Tariq Shafi's statement suggests that the Gulf Steel Mills were created through loans."

During the hearing Nawaz testified that he was not a witness of how the establishment ran and then sold the Gulf Steel Mills. He added that his knowledge about the matter was based on hearsay.

"Tariq Shafi was neither named a suspect in these trials, nor was he called in as a witness in the case," Nawaz said during his testimony.

"It is a reality that I was taken into custody on October 12, 1999. After that I was sent off to Saudi Arabia," Nawaz said, adding that he is aware that his father Mian Sharif had made Hussain and Maryam Nawaz directors of Hudaibiya Paper Mills.

"I also know that Hassan Nawaz was made a shareholder in the Hudaibiya Paper Mills by my deceased father," he added.

Responding a question regarding his address to the nation and his speech on the floor of the National Assembly, Nawaz said,"I never stated on those occasions that I was ever a real or beneficial owner of the London flats. Rather, it has always been my constant stance that I was neither a real or benami owner of the Avenfield flats."

In response to a question related to forensic expert Robert M. Radley, Nawaz said that Radley was not a "font expert" and he had admitted in his statement that the Calibri font was available prior to its launch in 2007.

The hearing has been adjourned till Tuesday, May 22.

While deciding on the petition of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan and others on July 28, 2017 the Supreme Court had ordered the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to prepare three references regarding the Avenfield properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Flagship Investment Co for the trial of Nawaz and his relatives in the accountability court.

This is a developing story that is being updated as the situation evolves. Initial reports in the media can sometimes be inaccurate. We will strive to ensure timeliness and accuracy by relying on credible sources such as concerned, qualified authorities and our staff reporters.
He is repeating what his lawyer said

Btw ye wohi jit nahi jis key ban, ney par bhangrey aur mithayiyan khai gayi thien?

Is ko kehtey hain time waste karna sidhi tarah batao paisey aye kahan sey

Mian Sahib in short have told the court that he is not witness that he is father of Hassan, Hussain or Maryam, nor he knows anything about Mr. Sharif (his alleged father). All his knowledge about these people is hearsay.

Mian Sahib in short have told the court that he is not witness that he is father of Hassan, Hussain or Maryam, nor he knows anything about Mr. Sharif (his alleged father). All his knowledge about these people is hearsay.
Qatari ab ye na keh dey bachay bhi merey hain

Qatari ab ye na keh dey bachay bhi merey hain

Let me tell you what is going on since long time.

Nawaz Sharif want deal from Army to save him. He openly said two months ago "May baat karnay ko tyaar hoon" remember? From whom and about whom he is talking? You/me/People of Pakistan? NO!

He later realized that the Army doesn't give a **** about him. He changed the strategy and came with the newer one. Okay fine let me try other way around. He again recalled military and involved foreign powers to save his criminal daughter. He has tried most of his time to save his daughter in this case. Now the question is Why?

Because his lawyers and he himself knew that his children are British Nationals (I'm talking about his sons) except his criminal daughter who owned a Pakistani Nationality. If in case his both son(s) failed in the defense, Pakistani Govt and court both can't do anything in this regard. They can only request British govt to send them just because both of them doesn't have a legit money. That money is actually belongs to our state Pakistan.

We have a criminal sharing agreement but still unable to do anything diplomatically against Altaf Hussain in past 30 years so how can we do this? I mean it is highly impossible that British govt allow us to do this, agreed to send its citizen(s) for facing trial and charge against money laundering (especially) when the looted money invested in their country?

So the only problem for Nawaz Sharif here is his daughter who is a Pakistani Passport holder. So he tried his best to save her. Let me tell you interesting link of my assumption/analysis. Today NS said in the court (in short) "I dont know anything about the money and properties. Everything is actually done and between my father and Hassan and Hussain Nawaz".

Why he put all the burden kachra on his son? Think! so the only problematic issue here for him is his daughter and that is why he never mentioned, never call his daughter's name in his entire statement today and even before. The match will go interesting when his daughter appear for the trials especially when she must bound to take Oath and only give answers in Yes & No like Wajid Zia. So wait and watch.

He is a dead horse. Did 4 most miserable mistakes in this entire case.

1. Deadly speeches in the parliament/floor of the house and Kitaab with the state as PM.
2. Involved his dead father (Most critical mistake).
3. Involved Qatri (Most Critical mistake).
4. Put entire burden on his sons.

Last edited:
Let me tell you what is going on since long time.

Nawaz Sharif want deal from Army to save him... later he realized Army doesn't give a **** about him. He changed the strategy okay fine let me do another deal. He again requested and recalling military to save his criminal daughter. In this issue, he tried his most of the time to save his daughter WHY?

Because his lawyers and he himself knw that his children are BRITISH NATIONAL. If in case they failed in defense, Pakistani Govt only requested UK (British Govt) to bring them to Pakistan and thn charged them but this is highly impossible that British govt allowed its citizen to charge other thn England. So the only problem for Nawaz Sharif is his daughter who is Pakistani Passport holder. So he tried his best to save his daughter let me tell you interesting link of y assumption. Today NS said in short I dont know anyting everything is actually done between my father and Hassan and Hussain Nawaz why? Why he put all the kachra on his son? think!

So the only problematic issue is for him is his daughter and that is why he never mentioned never call his daughter's name in his entire statement today. The match will go interesting when his daughter trial begin. So wait and watch!

Interesting.

اسلام آباد میں احتساب عدالت کے جج محمد بشیر نے شریف خاندان کے خلاف ایون فیلڈ ریفرنس کی سماعت کی، سماعت کی ابتدا میں نواز شریف روسٹرم پر آئے اور انہوں نے بیان ریکارڈ کراتے ہوئے دیئے گئے سوالات کے جوابات پڑھ کر سنائے۔ انہوں نے کہا کہ میری عمر 68 سال ہے اور میں وزیراعلیٰ پنجاب اور وزیراعظم پاکستان رہ چکا ہوں، جے آئی ٹی کی طرف سے لکھے گئے ایم ایل ایز عدالت میں پیش نہیں کیے گئے، جے آئی ٹی کی طرف سے لکھے گئے ایم ایل ایزکی بنیاد پرفیصلہ نہ دیا جائے۔

جے آئی ٹی ممبران پر اعتراض؛
سپریم کورٹ کے حکم پر جے آئی ٹی تشکیل دی گئی تھی، آئین کا آرٹیکل 10 مجھے شفاف ٹرائل کا حق دیتا ہے لیکن سپریم کورٹ کے فیصلے سے میرا فیئر ٹرائل کا حق متاثرہوا، مجھے جے آئی ٹی کے ممبران پر اعتراض تھا۔ یہ اعتراض پہلے بھی ریکارڈ کرایا۔ جے آئی ٹی کے ایک رکن بلال رسول میاں محمد اظہر کے بھانجے ہیں، میاں اظہر سابق گورنر پنجاب رہ چکے ہیں اور اب پی ٹی آئی سے منسلک ہیں، میاں اظہر کے بیٹے حماد اظہر کی عمران خان کے ساتھ بنی گالہ میں ملاقات کی تصویریں سامنے آچکی۔ بلال رسول خود بھی (ن) لیگ کے کھلے مخالف اور پی ٹی آئی کے سپورٹر ہیں، بلال رسول کی اہلیہ سوشل میڈیا پر پی ٹی آئی کی فعال ممبر تھیں۔

نواز شریف نے جے آئی ٹی کے دوسرے رکن عامر عزیز پر اپنا اعتراض دہراتے ہوئے کہا کہ عامر عزیز 2000 میں میرے خاندان کے خلاف ریفرنسز میں تفتیشی تھے، عامر عزیز نے پرویز مشرف کے دورمیں حدیبیہ پیپرملز کیس کی تحقیقات کیں۔ عرفان منگی کو بھی جے آئی ٹی میں شامل کر دیا گیا حالانکہ ان کی تعیناتی کا کیس سپریم کورٹ میں ابھی تک زیر التوا ہے۔

جے آئی ٹی سربراہ واجد ضیا سے متعلق نوازشریف نے کہا کہ تحقیقات میں واجد ضیا کی جانبداری عیاں ہے ، واجد ضیاء نے اپنے کزن کے ذریعے تحقیقات کرائیں۔ انہوں نے مزید کہا کہ جے آئی ٹی میں شامل آئی ایس آئی کے بریگیڈیئر نعمان اور ایم آئی کے بریگیڈئیر کامران بھی شامل تھے، ایم آئی اور آئی ایس آئی افسران کا جے آئی ٹی کا حصہ بننا غیر مناسب تھا، سول ملٹری تناؤ پاکستان کی تاریخ کے 70 سال کے زائد عرصے پر محیط ہے، پرویز مشرف کی مجھ سے رقابت 1999سے بھی پہلے کی ہے، پرویز مشرف کے خلاف سنگین غداری کیس کے بعد تعلقات میں مزید بگاڑ پیدا ہوا، موجودہ سول ملٹری تعلقات میں تناؤ کے اثرات جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ پر پڑے۔

جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ پر اعتراض؛
نواز شریف نے کہا کہ جے آئی ٹی کی 10 والیم پر مشتمل خود ساختہ رپورٹ غیر متعلقہ تھی، جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ سپریم کورٹ میں دائر درخواستیں نمٹانے کے لئے تھی، ان درخواستوں کو بطور شواہد پیش نہیں کیا جا سکتا، جے آئی ٹی تفتیشی رپورٹ ہے جو ناقابل قبول شہادت ہے، سپریم کورٹ نے جے آئی ٹی کی طرف سے اکٹھے کیے گئے شواہد کی روشنی میں ریفرنس دائر کرنے کا کہا، سپریم کورٹ نے یہ نہیں کہا کہ جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ کو بطور شواہد ریفرنس کا حصہ بنایا جائے۔

نواز شریف نے اپنے بیان میں کہا کہ جے آئی ٹی نے شاید مختلف محکموں سے مخصوص دستاویزات اکٹھی کیں لہذا جے آئی ٹی کی تفتیش یکطرفہ تھی، اختیارات سے متعلق نوٹیفکیشن جے آئی ٹی کی درخواست پر جاری کیا گیا جب کہ جے آئی ٹی سپریم کورٹ کی معاونت کے لئے بنائی گئی، اس ریفرنس کے لیے نہیں جب کہ واجد ضیا بھی جانبدار تھے، واجد ضیاء نے اپنے کزن کو سولیسٹر مقرر کیا، اختر راجہ نے جھوٹی دستاویزات تیار کیں۔

سابق وزیراعظم نے کہا کہ جے آئی ٹی نے برطانیہ اور سعودی عرب کو جو ایم ایل اے بھجوائے وہ عدالت میں پیش نہیں کیے گئے، جے آئی ٹی نے سپریم کورٹ کے حکم پر بیان ریکارڈ کیے، جے آئی ٹی کے بیانات اس ٹرائل کے لئے غیر متعلقہ ہیں، ان بیانات کا مقصد سپریم کورٹ کی معاونت کرنا تھا، جے آئی ٹی نے جن لوگوں کے بیان ریکارڈ کیے وہ اس کیس میں گواہ نہیں، جے آئی ٹی کی طرف سے اخذ کیا گیا نتیجہ رائے پر مبنی تھا جو قابل قبول شہادت نہیں۔

حدیبیہ پیپرز ملز سے متعلق بیان؛
نواز شریف نے کہا کہ طارق شفیع کے بیان حلفی سے ظاہر ہوتا ہے کہ گلف اسٹیل قرض کی رقم سے بنائی گئی، گلف اسٹیل کے 25 فیصد حصص کی فروخت کے معاہدے سے متعلق ایم ایل اے پیش نہیں کیا گیا جب کہ معاہدے پر شہباز شریف اور طارق شفیع کی طرف سے دستخطوں سے انکار سے متعلق کچھ نہیں کہہ سکتا، طارق شفیع اور شہباز شریف نے میری موجودگی میں دستخطوں سے انکار نہیں کیا۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ یہ ایک حقیقت ہے کہ 12 اکتوبر 1999 کو مجھے حراست میں لے لیا گیا اور سعودی عرب بھجوادیا گیا، میرے علم میں ہے کہ میرے والد نے حسین اور مریم نواز کو حدیبیہ پیپر ملز کا ڈائریکٹر جب کہ حسن نواز کو حدیبیہ پیپر ملز کا شیئر ہولڈر نامزد کیا تھا۔

نواز شریف نے کہا کہ حدیبیہ پیپر ملز میں کسی بھی طور پر ملوث نہیں رہا، مجھے پرویز مشرف کے دور آمریت میں جلا وطن کر دیا گیا، زیادہ عرصہ باہر رہنے کی وجہ سے حدیبیہ پیپر ملز کے طویل مدتی قرض کا علم نہیں جب کہ حدیبیہ پیپر ملز کے معاملات میرے مرحوم والد دیکھتے تھے۔

العزیزیہ ملز سے اظہار لاتعلقی؛
سابق وزیراعظم نے عدالتی سوالنامے کا جواب دیتے ہوئے کہا کہ دبئی فیکٹری اور العزیزیہ ملز سے میرا کوئی تعلق نہیں تھا، قومی اسمبلی میں تقریر یا قوم سے خطاب میں نہیں کہا کہ ایون فیلڈ پراپرٹی سے میرا کوئی تعلق ہے، ایون فیلڈ پراپرٹیز کا اصل یا بے نامی دار مالک نہیں ہوں جب کہ نیلسن اور نیسکول کمپنی کے بیئرر شیئرز سرٹیفکیٹ کبھی میرے تھے نہ میرے پاس رہے۔ انہوں نے کہا کہ5 اپریل 2016 کو قوم سے خطاب کیا، خطاب دبئی فیکٹری، العزیزیہ سمیت مختلف معاہدوں سے متعلق تھا، حسین نواز نے جو معلومات فراہم کیں وہ میرے علم میں نہیں تھیں جب کہ بی بی سی کو دیے گئے انٹرویو کی حسن نواز وضاحت کر سکتا ہے۔

کیلبری فونٹ سے متعلق بیان؛
نواز شریف نے کہا کہ جس طرح رابرٹ ریڈلے کو دستاویزات بھجوائی گئیں اور عجلت میں رپورٹ تیار ہوئی وہ متعصب ہے، رابرٹ ریڈلے گواہی میں ضرورت سے زیادہ دلچسپی لیتا نظر آیا، رابرٹ ریڈلے نے غیر ضروری جلد بازی میں رپورٹ تیار کی، رابرٹ ریڈلے کے مطابق ٹرسٹ ڈیڈ کی تیاری کے لیے کیلبری فونٹ استعمال ہوا، ریڈلے کے مطابق کیلبری فونٹ 31 جنوری 2007 تک کمرشل استعمال کے لیے دستیاب نہیں تھا، رابرٹ ریڈلے کے مطابق اس فونٹ کا استعمال اس سے پہلے نہیں ہو سکتا تھا، رابرٹ ریڈلے کا یہ بیان بدنیتی پر مبنی ہے، رابرٹ ریڈلے نے اعتراف کیا کہ کیلبری فونٹ 2005 میں دستیاب تھا اور انہوں نے ڈاوٴن لوڈ کیا جب کہ رابرٹ ریڈلے کمپیوٹر یا آئی ٹی ماہر نہیں تھا۔

نوازشریف نے احتساب عدالت کی جانب سے پوچھے گئے 127 میں سے 55 سوالات کے جوابات دیے جس کے بعد ایون فیلڈ ریفرنس کی سماعت کل صبح 9 بجے تک ملتوی کردی گئی۔

Wouldn't be unexpected. After all Mian Sb. never earned and spent anything in his life on these alleged Children, nor he have any information about them except hearsay.
Qatari ko bachon ka asli baap qarar deney sey Miyan Sahahb ko bayaniya aur mazboot hoga ~Omar Chema

are you saying begum kalsoom cheated on her mian tooi?
Ary bro kindly refrain from going to such a level ... We have political differences and should remain so ... Not on personal matters otherwise hum mn or toii mn difference kya rhy ga

The caretaker musical chair continues with Zardari revealing his final candidates:

Back
Top Bottom