What's new

Paleolithic tombs discovered in Yemen

It seems Arabs had a glorious civilization and history.Entire Arab nation should come forward to preserve it.

The Arab world is the cradle of civilization so nothing strange about it. Much more attention should be devoted to it and study. Especially in lesser studied areas of the Arab world in terms of archaeology. Anyway quite a lot is being done of late at least in KSA to correct the mistakes and horribly careless treatment of the heritage. Unfortunately unrest in Syria, Iraq and Libya has damaged ancient heritage but nothing that cannot be restored.

Evaluating the Biodeterioration Enzymatic Activities of Fungal Contamination Isolated from Some Ancient Yemeni Mummies Preserved in the National Museum

http://www.yemenlng.com/ws/en/Articles/ShowArt.aspx?cmd=showone&at=news&artid=000190

Yemen is only second to Egypt when it comes to number of ancient mummies found as seen in post number 1 in this thread.

National Geographic documentary about mummies in Yemen. It's in Arabic. I cannot find the English version.

This might interest you brothers @Frogman @Mahmoud_EGY @agentny17 etc.

Last edited:
A lot of research works should be carried out in Arabian Peninsula.As a major player in.that region KSA can do something about it.
The unrest in Levant already took a great toll in entire archeological site in.Iraq and Syria.

The Arab world is the cradle of civilization so nothing strange about it. Much more attention should be devoted to it and study. Especially in lesser studied areas of the Arab world in terms of archaeology. Anyway quite a lot is being done of late at least in KSA to correct the mistakes and horribly careless treatment of the heritage. Unfortunately unrest in Syria, Iraq and Libya has damaged ancient heritage but nothing that cannot be restored.

Evaluating the Biodeterioration Enzymatic Activities of Fungal Contamination Isolated from Some Ancient Yemeni Mummies Preserved in the National Museum

http://www.yemenlng.com/ws/en/Articles/ShowArt.aspx?cmd=showone&at=news&artid=000190

Yemen is only second to Egypt when it comes to number of ancient mummies found as seen in post number 1 in this thread.

National Geographic documentary about mummies in Yemen. It's in Arabic. I cannot find the English version.

This might interest you brothers @Frogman @Mahmoud_EGY @agentny17 etc.

Video seems good .But unfortunately I dont know Arabic .:D

So many ancient treasures that year by year will become harder to find, muslim nations dont like to dig up the past as answers lie there, oh whats this a dinosaur, hmm no mention of this in Koran lets just find a vague quote about giant beasts or everything ever created was by god.

So many ancient treasures that year by year will become harder to find, muslim nations dont like to dig up the past as answers lie there, oh whats this a dinosaur, hmm no mention of this in Koran lets just find a vague quote about giant beasts or everything ever created was by god.

Is that why some of the most important ancient treasures (arguably) have been discovered in the Arab world? It does not add up. Countries have improved a lot on this field. People are also more interested in knowing about their pre-Islamic history and they take pride in it. As evident just on PDF. A small forum with few Arab users.

You are right about the neglect historically and it's still continuing in many countries due to lack of interest, unrest, and ideology (looking down at anything pre-Islamic).

Moreover Yemen as a country has very few resources and has been plagued with unrest for decades. It has for instance been a real challenge to keep all those ancient mummies (second only to Egypt) in a good condition and in safely. Sadly.

A lot of research works should be carried out in Arabian Peninsula.As a major player in.that region KSA can do something about it.
The unrest in Levant already took a great toll in entire archeological site in.Iraq and Syria.

Video seems good .But unfortunately I dont know Arabic .:D

It's being done. Just very slowly. Small steps at a time.

Check out the first documentary. It's short (28 minutes long) but excellent.

Some other useful clips.

Listen to what this leading American archeologist that visited KSA has to say in the clip below;

Unfortuantely it has.:(

Well, sadly I cannot find the English version which is strange since the documentary was created by National Geographic and the experts who travelled to Yemen were Americans and Brits.

@Rakan.SA this thread might interest you.:coffee:

Is that why some of the most important ancient treasures (arguably) have been discovered in the Arab world? It does not add up. Countries have improved a lot on this field. People are also more interested in knowing about their pre-Islamic history and they take pride in it. As evident just on PDF. A small forum with few Arab users.

You are right about the neglect historically and it's still continuing in many countries due to lack of interest, unrest, and ideology (looking down at anything pre-Islamic).

Moreover Yemen as a country has very few resources and has been plagued with unrest for decades. It has for instance been a real challenge to keep all those ancient mummies (second only to Egypt) in a good condition and in safely. Sadly.

It's being done. Just very slowly. Small steps at a time.

Check out the first documentary. It's short (28 minutes long) but excellent.

Some other useful clips.

Listen to what this leading American archeologist that visited KSA has to say in the clip below;

Unfortuantely it has.:(

Well, sadly I cannot find the English version which is strange since the documentary was created by National Geographic and the experts who travelled to Yemen were Americans and Brits.

@Rakan.SA this thread might interest you.:coffee:

The most important treasures have been discovered in the arab world no doubt, but often not by the local people themselves, my worry is that the longer it takes for people to hunt treasures down the more that will be forever lost. And whilst I am sure many will like to know about the pre Islamic history I am sure the ones in power arent to fussed on that considering like you said the vast unrest in the regions and religious issues and even when possible in a country its tarnished by people like Zahi Hawass who is more interested in promoting himself than history.

When the Europeans started to dig up the region they have probably barely scratched the surface of what treasures are to be found and the hard work will have to come from the locals, I know it has improved now and each country is different and there are lots of archaeological sites being worked on, I just dont think there is enough interest from the local populations who live above the beginning of true human history, I have a friend who studied Egyptology/archaeology and when he went over on a dig a few years back it seems that 90% of people on the dig site were foreign students.

Thanks, I will watch them periodically, going to watch the roads to Arabia one first. There is a BBC series called Ancient Worlds which has decently informative books for people who are not exactly classically trained in ancient history to accompany each episode, only read the books myself as its more informative, a good one is called Ancient Worlds : The Search for the Origins of Western Civilization, its not to heavy of a read but I think some people in the west need to read books like it to get a good idea of where we came from.

It talks about the origins of the ancient civilizations of the ME and Med and all the old economic, political and social situations in the civilizations aswell as the reasons why those situations arose and interesting hypothetical about their existence and it does it without being to much of a bore to read for casual readers like myself, starts off 6000 years ago in Uruk. Whilst most Europeans were putting stones on top of each other the ancients are sitting in 30,000 people towns and its something that far to many people take for granted, history that is, the worlds going backwards and people no longer care about the REAL people that made us who we are, our ancient ancestors who united and came to live together in large numbers and create the basis of every stable idea that can hold humanity together as one. All the hardwork they went through to create the foundations of what we stand upon is in danger of being forgotten, instead people are far to focused on technology, religion etc and the world of the future is going to be without the fundamentals of humanity, your either praying to a god or praying to your phone, either way they take your full attention and devoid you of life.

il definitely watch them thanks... btw reading the title of the first video it reminds me of one my dreams that inshallah will come true. i wanna buy a specially modified 4x4 offroad caravan or truck and road trip all around saudi nonstop.

@al-Hasani the jews got their eyes on us

The most important treasures have been discovered in the arab world no doubt, but often not by the local people themselves, my worry is that the longer it takes for people to hunt treasures down the more that will be forever lost. And whilst I am sure many will like to know about the pre Islamic history I am sure the ones in power arent to fussed on that considering like you said the vast unrest in the regions and religious issues and even when possible in a country its tarnished by people like Zahi Hawass who is more interested in promoting himself than history.

When the Europeans started to dig up the region they have probably barely scratched the surface of what treasures are to be found and the hard work will have to come from the locals, I know it has improved now and each country is different and there are lots of archaeological sites being worked on, I just dont think there is enough interest from the local populations who live above the beginning of true human history, I have a friend who studied Egyptology/archaeology and when he went over on a dig a few years back it seems that 90% of people on the dig site were foreign students.

Thanks, I will watch them periodically, going to watch the roads to Arabia one first. There is a BBC series called Ancient Worlds which has decently informative books for people who are not exactly classically trained in ancient history to accompany each episode, only read the books myself as its more informative, a good one is called Ancient Worlds : The Search for the Origins of Western Civilization, its not to heavy of a read but I think some people in the west need to read books like it to get a good idea of where we came from.

It talks about the origins of the ancient civilizations of the ME and Med and all the old economic, political and social situations in the civilizations aswell as the reasons why those situations arose and interesting hypothetical about their existence and it does it without being to much of a bore to read for casual readers like myself, starts off 6000 years ago in Uruk. Whilst most Europeans were putting stones on top of each other the ancients are sitting in 30,000 people towns and its something that far to many people take for granted, history that is, the worlds going backwards and people no longer care about the REAL people that made us who we are, our ancient ancestors who united and came to live together in large numbers and create the basis of every stable idea that can hold humanity together as one. All the hardwork they went through to create the foundations of what we stand upon is in danger of being forgotten, instead people are far to focused on technology, religion etc and the world of the future is going to be without the fundamentals of humanity, your either praying to a god or praying to your phone, either way they take your full attention and devoid you of life.

Well said. I largely agree. The Arabian Peninsula was the first place that was inhabited outside of Southern Africa and nearby Eastern Africa. There is even more ancient history buried beneath the sand, rocks and mountains. No doubt. Prince Sultan (who is the son of the new King Salman btw) has done a great job on raising awareness. He takes part in the first video.

il definitely watch them thanks... btw reading the title of the first video it reminds me of one my dreams that inshallah will come true. i wanna buy a specially modified 4x4 offroad caravan or truck and road trip all around saudi nonstop.

@al-Hasani the jews got their eyes on us

Haha, that would take months. Seriously it sounds like an awesome idea. I for instance have always wanted to sail around the Arabian Peninsula. From the Northeast to the Northwest. It would be an awesome trip sailing along some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, 2500 islands and remote areas and tropical seas. Making a stop at the Socotra Islands ("The Galapagos Islands of the East") along the way.

I have always wanted to cross the Rub' al-Khali too. I don't think that anyone has crossed it in its entirety although I heard about some South Koreans a few years ago. Not sure if this was nonsense though.

Well, KSA forms half of "Greater Israel" according to Zionist fanatics;

View attachment 189888

Some of them also claim Madinah. Ridiculous daydreams I say.:lol:

Even if historical Mount Sinai is located in nearby Northwestern Hijaz and not Sinai, then so what really? There is really no difference between Sinai and Northwestern Hijaz anyway.

the idea about sailing around the peninsula is amazing but not in a sailboat i prefer a yacht lol
rub al-khali is on my list as well and its been crossed many times btw.
you need a guid and a few 4x4's and trucks and you are good to go

the idea about sailing around the peninsula is amazing but not in a sailboat i prefer a yacht lol
rub al-khali is on my list as well and its been crossed many times btw.
you need a guid and a few 4x4's and trucks and you are good to go

Of course in a yacht man. Sailbots are so last century. Especially in the GCC of all regions in the world.

Photo taken in the Red Sea;

Are you sure? As in crossing the Rub' al-Khali in its entirety? I don't mean crossing it from UAE to Oman, Yemen or KSA. But the full length. At least I once read that this is yet to be done until I heard about those South Korean explorers. I might be wrong though.

Also what is amazing about the Rub' al-Khali are the extraordinary high sand dunes, the rare Arabian Oryx and other animal life and the lakes that pop out from nowhere.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the Rub' al-Khali was once underwater and not long ago had a huge lake and rivers crossing it.

Just 6000 years ago. Imagine for once.

saudirivers.JPG

Cooling a planet with Revegetation

Arabia Empty Quarter geography, has remains of the third largest lake in the world and one of the largest river, any official names for the two?

The rare and majestic Arabian oryx. Almost as cool as our Arabian leopards.

Also imagine that KSA and Oman have constructed a road from KSA to Oman crossing the Rub' al-Khali. Just insane and amazing. Imagine crossing such a road alone at night?!

The Rub' al-Khali reminds me of the Namib Desert that I saw a cool documentary about not long ago. The difference with that desert is that it reaches the Atlantic Ocean. Otherwise it is similar and equally beautiful.

Namib Desert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like a never-ending beach, lol.

Sailing around the Arabian Peninsula (world's by far largest peninsula) would be insane. The problem would be the Arabian Sea and Somalian pirates if you for instance wanted to visit the unique Socotra Islands.

Last edited:
mashallah amazing
والله حمستني اكثر

i was thinking about something like that.. ALFA NERO

1. AlfaNero.JPG

Yemen has more ancient mummies than anywhere else on the planet outside of Egypt. I personally suspect that the Arabian Peninsula (of which less than 0,5% has been excavated) is hiding many treasures as it was home to some of the oldest civilizations on the planet and was the first place to be inhabited by humans outside of Eastern Africa and Southern Africa if we believe modern science.

Let us hope that all this ancient and highly valuable heritage is left largely untouched despite the ongoing war.

@Saeed Yasser Al-Muflahi this thread will for sure interest.

Nice to see this. Such a shame our leaders in the arab world are sell outs and spineless cowards. We should claim all our artifacts back that were stolen from us from the rest of the world.

Nice to see this. Such a shame our leaders in the arab world are sell outs and spineless cowards. We should claim all our artifacts back that were stolen from us from the rest of the world.

Unfortunately you are right brother. So many of our recent leaders or present leaders are parasites who have allowed so much of our world famous and ancient heritage to be looted and now it forms an integral and huge part of the world's biggest and most visited museums such as British Museum, Louvre, The Metropolitan Museum. Be it pre-Islamic or Islamic artifacts.
Even the artifacts of Prophet Muhammad (saws), Rashidun Caliphs etc. to make a few examples are stored in Istanbul while they should be kept in Makkah and Madinah. So many examples.

Thankfully the GCC leaders are an exception and many of the leaders now have the ability, also private collectors, to buy some of that heritage back from museums and especially from private collectors which is easier.

The Arab League should draft a plan which all Arab countries should ratify dealing with this topic (theft of our heritage - pre-Islamic and Islamic). Unfortunately many of our people do not even know about this.

Yemen under the crook Saleh was particularly bad. You probably already know about the stories of Western and other "archaeologists" and private buyers who came to Yemen to buy ancient heritage for pocket money and many of the idiotic locals helped them with that.

Now the ISIS parasites are on a rampage of destruction in Iraq and Syria if that was not enough along with the Al-Assad regime.

The intellectual class in the Arab world and those with most money should really do so much more on this field. It's embarrassing and painful.

Insha'Allah better times will emerge and regardless where our artifacts are they remain ours in reality in the sense that it was our civilizations and forefathers that created them. In any case it also has positives as they are at least stored in safe places. Can't say that about several Arab countries nowadays sadly….

Just take a look at this for instance.

Thousands of Saudi artifacts returned to Kingdom
December 24, 2009
Saudi Arabia has retrieved more than 10,000 of its artifacts from other countries, Prince Sultan bin Salman, chairman of Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), said on Wednesday, Arab News reported today.

“Retrieving antiquities has now become a national issue,” Prince Sultan bin Salman said, adding that the government would continue its efforts to bring back Saudi artifacts scattered across the world.

Prince Sultan said the SCTA with the cooperation of other government agencies would prevent the theft of antiquities, especially the ones from the Islamic heritage sites in Makkah and Madinah.

“Saudi Arabia is replete with a large number of valuable antiquities and protection of these artifacts is a national duty,” he said, adding that the Kingdom would not tolerate smuggling of antiquities.

Prince Sultan said the Kingdom would host the first international conference on architectural heritage on April 18.

The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Washington, DC, USA

:o:o_O

Now KSA was not even a Western colony. Now imagine all those Arab countries that were, those that do not have the economical means to reclaim their ancient artifacts and all of those Arab countries that were or are ruled by corrupt leaders who could care less.:suicide:

I would love nothing more than to start an Pan-Arab organization based on restoring, preserving and reclaiming our heritage which was stolen or sold off for peanuts. Pre-Islamic as Islamic. If I am not wrong such organizations exist (practically the governments deal with this though) but they should make it Pan-Arab to make their voices stronger and for coordination purposes.

That was long but necessary. I really hope that more of our people realize the importance of preserving our heritage although I know that many have many more serious matters to think about but our leaders and governments have a special responsibility which they have not always fulfilled which is unacceptable. It was different 100 years ago but times have changed.

@azzo @BLACKEAGLE @Full Moon @JUBA @Falcon29 @Halimi @SALMAN AL-FARSI @Ahmed Jo etc.

Unfortunately you are right brother. So many of our recent leaders or present leaders are parasites who have allowed so much of our world famous and ancient heritage to be looted and now it forms an integral and huge part of the world's biggest and most visited museums such as British Museum, Louvre, The Metropolitan Museum. Be it pre-Islamic or Islamic artifacts.
Even the artifacts of Prophet Muhammad (saws), Rashidun Caliphs etc. to make a few examples are stored in Istanbul while they should be kept in Makkah and Madinah. So many examples.

Thankfully the GCC leaders are an exception and many of the leaders now have the ability, also private collectors, to buy some of that heritage back from museums and especially from private collectors which is easier.

The Arab League should draft a plan which all Arab countries should ratify dealing with this topic (theft of our heritage - pre-Islamic and Islamic). Unfortunately many of our people do not even know about this.

Yemen under the crook Saleh was particularly bad. You probably already know about the stories of Western and other "archaeologists" and private buyers who came to Yemen to buy ancient heritage for pocket money and many of the idiotic locals helped them with that.

Now the ISIS parasites are on a rampage of destruction in Iraq and Syria if that was not enough along with the Al-Assad regime.

The intellectual class in the Arab world and those with most money should really do so much more on this field. It's embarrassing and painful.

Insha'Allah better times will emerge and regardless where our artifacts are they remain ours in reality in the sense that it was our civilizations and forefathers that created them. In any case it also has positives as they are at least stored in safe places. Can't say that about several Arab countries nowadays sadly….

Just take a look at this for instance.

Thousands of Saudi artifacts returned to Kingdom
December 24, 2009
Saudi Arabia has retrieved more than 10,000 of its artifacts from other countries, Prince Sultan bin Salman, chairman of Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), said on Wednesday, Arab News reported today.

“Retrieving antiquities has now become a national issue,” Prince Sultan bin Salman said, adding that the government would continue its efforts to bring back Saudi artifacts scattered across the world.

Prince Sultan said the SCTA with the cooperation of other government agencies would prevent the theft of antiquities, especially the ones from the Islamic heritage sites in Makkah and Madinah.

“Saudi Arabia is replete with a large number of valuable antiquities and protection of these artifacts is a national duty,” he said, adding that the Kingdom would not tolerate smuggling of antiquities.

Prince Sultan said the Kingdom would host the first international conference on architectural heritage on April 18.

The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Washington, DC, USA

:o:o_O

Now KSA was not even a Western colony. Now imagine all those Arab countries that were, those that do not have the economical means to reclaim their ancient artifacts and all of those Arab countries that were or are ruled by corrupt leaders who could care less.:suicide:

I would love nothing more than to start an Pan-Arab organization based on restoring, preserving and reclaiming our heritage which was stolen or sold off for peanuts. Pre-Islamic as Islamic. If I am not wrong such organizations exist (practically the governments deal with this though) but they should make it Pan-Arab to make their voices stronger and for coordination purposes.

That was long but necessary. I really hope that more of our people realize the importance of preserving our heritage although I know that many have many more serious matters to think about but our leaders and governments have a special responsibility which they have not always fulfilled which is unacceptable. It was different 100 years ago but times have changed.

@azzo @BLACKEAGLE @Full Moon @JUBA @Falcon29 @Halimi @SALMAN AL-FARSI @Ahmed Jo etc.
Thats nice to see from the saudis. Im even more impressed by how theyre starting to ditch the US and have made many deals with Russia inlcuding the purchase of nuclear reactors.
But yeh its so sad to see that foreigners knew the value of our lands and their treasures more than we did. It makes me laugh when the ignorant westerners say that Arabia is just a desert and would be nothing without oil.

Back
Top Bottom