What's new

Pakistan's Tactical Nukes : Hypes, Flaws and illusions - A Tactical blunder in the making.

Your thoughts?

• Article made sense. I endorse it completely

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • What a crap. I don't agree

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Well, I agree on many points.

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Tactical nukes are not the solution to the problem at hand; a powerful military is.

Tactical nukes will do more harm then good in a battle. They don't have enormous blast radius, so they will not wipe out entire divisions and such. Another issue is radiation which doesn't distinguishes between a friend and foe.

I think that a solution for Siachin and Kashmir is the way forward for both nations.

I do not see peace and stability in the region in near future.There is a severe lack of trust between Pakistan and India.

1) An Air strikes and small military operations on the LoC won’t give Pakistan enough reason to escalate a conflict, mired as it is in a sapping internal war. Although there would likely be some retaliation against the Indian strikes, punishment for terrorism would have been delivered.

Does the author believe that they can do air strikes without being challenged by the PAF and air defenses?

Even if India managed to retake parts or whole of Kashmir it is much below the level for nuclear confrontation between countries with massive nuclear arsenals.

you cant get to that point without a serious confrontation with Pakistan military,if it comes to that,then it has already escalated to dangerous levels, that will be all out war so its naive to make assumptions.Tactical nukes are called tactical for a reason.

This tactical nuclear weapon's capabilities are very restrained and very risky. Once threshold to use nukes are breached nothing else could stop it's chain retaliations. Pakistani establishment must revisit it's policies which are poised to become a complete failure in the future.

i doubt that will happen unless India too is willing to revisit its policies regarding "cold start" and such.
in fact the likelihood of resorting to battlefield nukes will be higher in the present scenario as the military is already stretched in its operations against terrorists so it will be harder for it to resist a massive conventional onslaught by a numerically superior force.
so trying to take advantage of "mired as it is in a sapping internal war" will only increase the chance of that which you're trying to avoid.

Does the author believe that they can do air strikes without being challenged by the PAF and air defenses?

you cant get to that point without a serious confrontation with Pakistan military,if it comes to that,then it has already escalated to dangerous levels, that will be all out war so its naive to make assumptions.Tactical nukes are called tactical for a reason.

i doubt that will happen unless India too is willing to revisit its policies regarding "cold start" and such.
in fact the likelihood of resorting to battlefield nukes will be higher in the present scenario as the military is already stretched in its operations against terrorists so it will be harder for it to resist a massive conventional onslaught by a numerically superior force.
so trying to take advantage of "mired as it is in a sapping internal war" will only increase the chance of that which you're trying to avoid.

We won't consider an air strikes on terror hubs in P ok without taking all the factors including protest or defence or even nuclear war into consideration. Once we entered guys phase we already have deployed our nukes and all our armed forces at both the borders. Well we have to retaliate when Pakistan strikes us with proxy. Has Pakistan is well aware of retaliation is over due. So why could we back down incase major strike.

But the real question could be what and how will Pakistan will respond? Ready to use tactical nuclear weapons capabilities?

If so am very interested to know where?

As cold start is not deployed by at stand by while airforce makes strategic targeting deep inside your territory

Don't you see my point? Tactical Nukes is a blunder altogether

We won't consider an air strikes on terror hubs in P ok without taking all the factors including protest or defence or even nuclear war into consideration. Once we entered guys phase we already have deployed our nukes and all our armed forces at both the borders. Well we have to retaliate when Pakistan strikes us with proxy. Has Pakistan is well aware of retaliation is over due. So why could we back down incase major strike.

But the real question could be what and how will Pakistan will respond? Ready to use tactical nuclear weapons capabilities?

If so am very interested to know where?

As cold start is not deployed by at stand by while airforce makes strategic targeting deep inside your territory

If it is a blunder then why world including India is getting worried about implementation of this policy.?

Tactical nuke is not a new idea but was first introduced by USA and USSR.

These tactical nukes are a fantastic idea.. as long as you also have their bigger brothers fusion and fission devices for back up.....

They are selective and take out military targets without destroying near by cities.....thatz brilliant

Definitely we have fission devices but for fusion devices, I think, we dont have.
1998, test was about 35-40 k ton yield.

Well we have to retaliate when Pakistan strikes us with proxy. Has Pakistan is well aware of retaliation is over due. So why could we back down incase major strike.

Well as far as many Pakistanis see it, its the other way round.

As i said before you cant do that without getting challenged by Pak military, some jets may get shot down, people may get killed, firing across borders, borders breached etc, and before you know it, it escalates to a full blown conflict.
as a saying goes:
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy".
So hoping to force Pakistan to capitulate by taking advantage of the fact its military is currently stretched may prove to be a dangerous blunder on part of Indian leaders.They're hoping to force Pakistan to a corner,capture a chunk of its territory, and make it yield to them on their terms by using their cold start doctrine while assuming Pakistan wont do all that it can to thwart it. If you use strategic nukes on cities as a response to tactical nukes on your military formations,then you will deliberately be targeting civilian population, thus taking it to a whole different level, nobody wants to go there.
so,
Don't you see my point? Cold start is a blunder altogether

I think we need to consider development of sub tactical nukes as well. War is all about use of lethal killing machines and ammunition.

I think we need to consider development of sub tactical nukes as well. War is all about use of lethal killing machines and ammunition.
We already have this category Nasr supports kiloton to sab kiloton nukes ranges from nuclear boasted fission to neutron warhead.

We need to develop non nuclear mega Thermobaric weapon which easily clear 1 sq km area without using nuclear warhead.

If it is a blunder then why world including India is getting worried about implementation of this policy.?

Tactical nuke is not a new idea but was first introduced by USA and USSR.

Tactical Nukes are not new but very old and never implemented indeed.

To break this down little more. US and Soviet had some 1 hr roughly to take countermeasure dispensing the nuclear missile. So using tactical nuclear on someone's territory was on cards. Particularly in European Union. But think about response time for India and Pakistan? There is no use of tactical nuclear weapons. It's gonna be a all out nuclear war either way. That's the point. India's nuclear retaliation time is now reduced to few minutes and seconds. India won't hold back with small retaliation even if Pakistan nukes it's own territory destroying Indian armoured divisions.

Did you see my point here?

Like arming AKs with nuclear bullets?

Young man At your age leave the warmongering to the grown idiots you need to find yourself a good one to dive in
don't waste time

image.jpg

Don't spoil the boy just yet- Let him be at least 18 first- :lol:

Full spectrum nuclear detterence is a minimum... from thermo nuclear ( although not tested but most likely exists) to strategic (again never tested but definitely exists)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom