What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Actually, they themselves call themselves Black Storks too but I don't know if it was SSG or the Russians who first made up this name but the SSG commandos I met I didn't even use the word Black Storks. They themselves told me that they are also called Guerrillas, Black Storks, etc. which are their nicknames. They are taught this in their training and in SSG.
So yes they themselves use this name and the most authentic info is that this name originated from the Russians.
Allahu Alam
Just like the name Red Devils and Ghost Operatives was given to Para SF by their enemies and now they themselves use it for themselves. These are just nicknames.
I mean no offense, but please, do not believe everything you hear and say everywhere and learn to admit when you’re wrong. Do not obsess over things like these, you will annoy people. There are those who know better Than you.

Yup they do but like I said here:

For their, degree PA invest money in them and then they are not allowed to opt for other arms much because they have the role for which money was invested on them.
There is no 5% for their permission, like you said. SSG is a volunteer service, you fill up a form and your name automatically comes up for initial tests and training.
For their, degree PA invest money in them and then they are not allowed to opt for other arms much because they have the role for which money was invested on them.

Same investment is done on fighting and supporting arms officers whom the army makes do advanced courses from foreign countries as well... But no there is no bar on joining SSG.

Like I said, already TGC officers are there, if there was any bar, C they wouldn't have been allowed...

It also depends on their units and COs but most of them just don't get permission
That's the point, it all depends on their CO, that has some bearing... But that doesn't mean that it's official.... CO ki apni bhi marzi hai... But officially, once the request gets processed, the student officer has to report for training.....
Don't associate this problem with the army that the army doesn't welcome them in SSG.

یاد دھانی ضروری ھے بھائی -اکثر لوگ بھول جاتے ہیں

1631978117500.png

JazakAllah bro. @iLION12345_1 Sir here it is at 1:12.

As much as I know SSG is always open for everyone but I have heard that they prefer junior officers with less than 5 years of service. Still, I know that a major was allowed to join. The request just needs to be put through.
I still stand by what I said because it’s true. The names origins are not as you say and the SSG has never really preferred it, it’s gained popularity because of online usage so ISPR put it there for the public consumption. I doubt the people making these graphics and videos are from the SSG Or even the army anyways.
If you do some searching you’d realize most of the times the name “black storks“ Is used…it’s the Indian media using it.

@Metal 0-1
Hope you’ve been following these videos of Uc qardas in Azerbaijan From this channel (https://youtube.com/c/azerbaijan_mod) The training here would be more along the lines of what we’d expect it to be, when it’s not just for cameras, notice how none of the actual training is shown Unlike by ISPR where they just play out some of it simply for the ceremony or the camera.
Kind of wish SSG could have taken its own gear though, I know that’s not standard practice but it makes them look under-equipped using foreign gear.
7DFED104-61D8-46C6-9ACD-0A1C7084749F.jpeg
F092DC9A-2CFC-47E2-8CD8-18AA4C62D635.jpeg
706F82CB-C399-4F7E-92FF-D3B3755EC21C.jpeg
B787D1D9-52CD-4A5B-8815-F6FE05FA78A3.jpeg

I’ve been present at Kallar Kahar when SSW trains, it’s not just a fluid room clearance or In and out hostage rescue, they stop a dozen times every hour because even the smallest mistake is pointed out, flagging your own teammate during training is a major no go, you’d get more than just chewed out for that. For ceremonies and camera they let it pass. The recent PATS “reality show” was a cringe fest but if you somehow found the patience to sit and watch through it you’d notice how careful they are with their muzzles and triggers in it, even just being regulars.

Last edited:
Whatever you say. Yes the name might have originated from somewhere else. But as I said IT IS USED BY SSG COMMANDOS THEMSELVES whom I have talked to. And Sir the final thing I can say si meet someone from SSG(A) yourself. Baki Sir, just leave it.
Baki Sb choro Sir ji dusri tasweer mey he's using SSG Formation sign. Lolz.
Lol. You probably meet the president on a daily basis. Hamari itni pohonch kahan. Going off your messages you’ve met every bloke in the SSG. I’m sure you know better.

The guy in the second pic is Azeri, Probably got the SSG patch from one of them.

No bro, AlhamdUllilah Cherat is just not that far from where I live and have an army background. InshaAllah you too can make some friends here if you someday visit 22 SSB.
MashAllah the formation sign has a beautiful definition:
'In the hours of darkness, we appear like thunders in the sky, with silent weapons in our hands, and vanish like the morning star".

InshaAllah just come and enjoy SkyBridge.
I have experienced enough of the Pakistani military, short of actual service, don’t worry 😂

Thanks for your service at PDF.
It’s sad how people with “military backgrounds” act like they are meant to have some authority over knowledge about the military. Just because you’ve “talked to XYZ” or “met XYZ” doesn’t mean much, you’re not the only one, basically everyone has.

You don’t see me telling you that I have a military background in every post I make but I can assure you my experience and yours aren’t even closer to comparable, I know that because I don’t have to mention It to justify what I say. But I’ll leave it there. You come off as little more than a fanboy when you speak this way friend, I advise you to be more careful, you will annoy people.

I still stand by what I said because it’s true. The names origins are not as you say and the SSG has never really preferred it, it’s gained popularity because of online usage so ISPR put it there for the public consumption. I doubt the people making these graphics and videos are from the SSG Or even the army anyways.
If you do some searching you’d realize most of the times the name “black storks“ Is used…it’s the Indian media using it.

@Metal 0-1
Hope you’ve been following these videos of Uc qardas in Azerbaijan From this channel (https://youtube.com/c/azerbaijan_mod) The training here would be more along the lines of what we’d expect it to be, when it’s not just for cameras, notice how none of the actual training is shown Unlike by ISPR where they just play out some of it simply for the ceremony or the camera.
Kind of wish SSG could have taken its own gear though, I know that’s not standard practice but it makes them look under-equipped using foreign gear. View attachment 778866View attachment 778867View attachment 778868View attachment 778869

I’ve been present at Kallar Kahar when SSW trains, it’s not just a fluid room clearance or In and out hostage rescue, they stop a dozen times every hour because even the smallest mistake is pointed out, flagging your own teammate during training is a major no go, you’d get more than just chewed out for that. For ceremonies and camera they let it pass. The recent PATS “reality show” was a cringe fest but if you somehow found the patience to sit and watch through it you’d notice how careful they are with their muzzles and triggers in it, even just being regulars.
With regards to taking own gear or not.... It solely depends on the size of our contingent.....

If the contingent is big, normally our C130s are detailed to take them , that allows our troops to take whatever gear they want to...

However, if our contingent is small, then they travel through commercial airlines and then of course they can't take their military gear at all.

Back
Top Bottom