What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

I still stand by what I said because it’s true. The names origins are not as you say and the SSG has never really preferred it, it’s gained popularity because of online usage so ISPR put it there for the public consumption. I doubt the people making these graphics and videos are from the SSG Or even the army anyways.
If you do some searching you’d realize most of the times the name “black storks“ Is used…it’s the Indian media using it.

@Metal 0-1
Hope you’ve been following these videos of Uc qardas in Azerbaijan From this channel (https://youtube.com/c/azerbaijan_mod) The training here would be more along the lines of what we’d expect it to be, when it’s not just for cameras, notice how none of the actual training is shown Unlike by ISPR where they just play out some of it simply for the ceremony or the camera.
Kind of wish SSG could have taken its own gear though, I know that’s not standard practice but it makes them look under-equipped using foreign gear. View attachment 778866View attachment 778867View attachment 778868View attachment 778869

I’ve been present at Kallar Kahar when SSW trains, it’s not just a fluid room clearance or In and out hostage rescue, they stop a dozen times every hour because even the smallest mistake is pointed out, flagging your own teammate during training is a major no go, you’d get more than just chewed out for that. For ceremonies and camera they let it pass. The recent PATS “reality show” was a cringe fest but if you somehow found the patience to sit and watch through it you’d notice how careful they are with their muzzles and triggers in it, even just being regulars.
Thanks for the link I'll look into it.

So the only two things I noted are Turkish soldiers were good in Reaction to contact and switching to sidearm drill.

and Pakistanis are going old school mag grip.
I think sidearms are not given enough attention in Pk armed forces. Basing off of my assessment yet again from countless videos, the grip, stance, and muzzle awareness is mediocre at best.

We like dumping mags. Taking things slowly on the range is the best way to improve.

Last edited:
1632181110848.png

Opening ceremony of the Joint Anti-Terrorist Exercise (JATE) 2021, held at National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), Pabbi as part of SCO Regional Anti Terrorism Structure.

1632433546425.png

1632433577937.png

1632433612543.png

Must be from different Units, some get more of the newer gear, some don’t. Some I know in the forces even prefer the older helmet because the High-cut one has higher risks of getting shrapnel in your side (one of the reasons it’s usually only used by SFs while regular militaries always use full helmets).

Must be from different Units, some get more of the newer gear, some don’t. Some I know in the forces even prefer the older helmet because the High-cut one has higher risks of getting shrapnel in your side (one of the reasons it’s usually only used by SFs while regular militaries always use full helmets).
so we have tiers within the ssg.

Are you the Fashion Police for Pakistan Military?
No. Yes, I made a mistake as some members pointed out and I accept that. But you had to be that one ganda anda to tell me otherwise. Now trott along little fellow.

A soldiers kit is not viewed in a fashion sense it's perceived as a survival kit. The decent the kit, the more our soldiers have fighting and withstanding odds.

Only ignoramuses like you perceive forces kit through a fashion lens. Illustrates your thought process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom