What's new

Pakistan's Special mission aircrafts Information Pool

It's a general forum and anyone can express his opinions and views on anything without being expert in that field, the field you are expert in is practiced from 9 to 5. What is your qualification in defence matters?

You should ask Mastan about his qualification to be an expert on military aviation matters

It's a general forum and anyone can express his opinions and views on anything without being expert in that field, the field you are expert in is practiced from 9 to 5. What is your qualification in defence matters?

If you are addressing the the questions to me, go first read my posts. I never pretend to be some sort of an expert on defense matter or post long winded article on topics I have little expertise in, like some others. I never use this forum to do a one up on other members. I do respond to self pertinacious and condescending posts and sometime to post which are utterly stupid. If you have a problem with that let me know.

(in red) exactly, then why would you challenge someone else and raise questions about their "Expertise"
(in blue) if you do that, why do you think others shouldn't?

So in reality you are doing exactly, what you are criticizing others for!

If you are addressing the the questions to me, go first read my posts. I never pretend to be some sort of an expert on defense matter or post long winded article on topics I have little expertise in, like some others. I never use this forum to do a one up on other members. I do respond to self pertinacious and condescending posts and sometime to post which are utterly stupid. If you have a problem with that let me know.

92982_1461016430.jpg

So 24 sqn has now 3 aircraft ? lodhi, Iqbal and Mir

Last edited:
So Mir aircraft was with 12 sqn and transfered to 24 sqn is it now upgraded for new role?

SEAD/DEAD ops require aircrafts with EW capabilities and PAF has just 3 of these. PAF should look more into this corner especially when S-400 is about to be encountered.

A fighter jet with EW capabilities is required to lead the attack, something on lines of EA-18G, EF-111 Raven, SU-24 MP etc.
PLAAF has Y-8G as EW/ELINT aircraft which isnt a fighter plane but a converted transport plane. Its ECM suite can jam enemy radars from a long distance. Its said that J-16D is an EW aircraft but not much is known about it.

http://www.janes.com/article/56855/possible-j-16-ew-variant-makes-its-first-flight

These aircraft are more coverage of area jamming rather than tactical jammers pod on fighters

J-16 EW has wingtip pods resembling the AN/ALQ-218, up to ten fuselage and wing hardpoints, and no IRST or 30 mm cannon. It reportedly made its first flight in December 2015

J-16 EW version (above)
Comparison
J-16 Attack version (Below)

J-16 EW-version vs. J-16 striker.jpg

Last edited:
SEAD/DEAD ops require aircrafts with EW capabilities and PAF has just 3 of these. PAF should look more into this corner especially when S-400 is about to be encountered.

A fighter jet with EW capabilities is required to lead the attack, something on lines of EA-18G, EF-111 Raven, SU-24 MP etc.
PLAAF has Y-8G as EW/ELINT aircraft which isnt a fighter plane but a converted transport plane. Its ECM suite can jam enemy radars from a long distance. Its said that J-16D is an EW aircraft but not much is known about it.

http://www.janes.com/article/56855/possible-j-16-ew-variant-makes-its-first-flight

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful informative post---and the less expensive version of this aircraft is in the form of a JH7B.

Paf should have had at least 1/2 a sqdrn to 2/3rd of a sqdrn strength of these or similar aircraft.

You know what---every one wants to talk about the fancy 9 G aircraft all the time that can turn on a dime---but no one understands that there is more to air warfare than 9 G turns---.

Per paf history book 12 squardon French da-20 was transferred to 24 squardon and upgraded indigenous ly to elwctronic w are fare version so now there are 3 ew aircraft with 24 sqn

Back
Top Bottom