What's new

Pakistan's Special mission aircrafts Information Pool

I have seen a saab 2000 with an E/O mission package as well

IMG_20200209_103658.jpg
You mean PAF's SAAB 2000? Any pictures?
Yes here you go :)

Da-20!airframe needs replacement in short term per Alan book on paf

The question is will Saab2000 being turbo prop with high speed of ~700 enough and can replace as platform prop vs jet ??

Is there a reason why the PAF (or PA) didn't push for re-purposing the CN235 or C295 as a COIN/CT support asset? So, for example, there are packages on the market that could fit the CN235/C295 with an EO/IR turret as well as 27 mm cannon and ATGMs, rockets and PGBs. The only real issue (to not getting those) I can think of is that they didn not offer enough firepower...??

It was proposed in several meetings but acquiring the equipment was the first challenge followed by putting an aircraft out of circulation. We already have a low number of CN-235s. One has to be on standby all the time for VIP transport, the other two are engaged in moving troops. Leaving one which is sometimes on AHQ duties.

Which book is that?

The question is will Saab2000 being turbo prop with high speed of ~700 enough and can replace as platform prop vs jet ??

I heard somewhere those DAs got refurbished 4-5 years back i guess.

look at the left in the picture, does these guys look to you as french man its PAC-Pics
He is not wrong previously it was overhauled in France, but this pic which is showing DA-20 in Mirage Rebuild Factory on 29th April, 2018 after completion of 30 years of service in PAF [inducted in 1987] indicates the possibility of in house overhaul of this aircraft type, we can see some sort of work is under progress on its fuselage
DA-20 in Mirage Rebuilt Factory[ec-1b].jpg

@Bossman

He is not wrong previously it was overhauled in France, but this pic which is showing DA-20 in Mirage Rebuild Factory on 29th April, 2018 after completion of 30 years of service in PAF [inducted in 1987] indicates the possibility of in house overhaul of this aircraft type, we can see some sort of work is under progress on its fuselage
View attachment 614980

@Bossman
Does it mean it is possible that some new goodies may have been added/upgraded to these birds in-house?

Back
Top Bottom