What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
IMG-20230423-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20230423-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20230207-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20230423-WA0045.jpg

IMG-20230423-WA0048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230423-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20230423-WA0045.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 36
Revolutionary Roller Locks has made a pretty nice hand guard and receiver/optics base for the MP5 and HK43 556. I suppose a similar, but one-piece receiver can be machined for the BW20 family on PMTF CNCs. It can have as much space and rails as an FN Scar or a similar rife.

Revolutionary Roller Lock's solutions:

View attachment 925864View attachment 925865View attachment 925866View attachment 925867View attachment 925868View attachment 925869View attachment 925870View attachment 925871
BW21 already had a nice handguard with sufficient rail(s). Don’t know what happened to that project.

Though those keymod should be replaced with mlok.

BW21.jpg

Already seeing Upgraded G3s and AKs commonly in troops hands now. The G3s are not only getting rails but also new collapsible stocks and lightened furniture, that finally makes it somewhat viable again.
Meanwhile the AKs are getting the same treatment they were before, but now they’re also modernizing the older Type 56-I models that had been mostly retired, which I’d say is a good step, those are more reliable than the 56-2s. Still, all stop gap measures, no new rifles.

Already seeing Upgraded G3s and AKs commonly in troops hands now. The G3s are not only getting rails but also new collapsible stocks and lightened furniture, that finally makes it somewhat viable again.
Meanwhile the AKs are getting the same treatment they were before, but now they’re also modernizing the older Type 56-I models that had been mostly retired, which I’d say is a good step, those are more reliable than the 56-2s. Still, all stop gap measures, no new rifles.
If you don't mind my asking, do you have any images of these upgraded G3s and AKs? I am very interested in seeing what they look like, the G3 especially since I am quite fond of the rifle.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have any images of these upgraded G3s and AKs? I am very interested in seeing what they look like, the G3 especially since I am quite fond of the rifle.
Not at the moment. I’ll remember to take one next time I see a soldier with a G3.

As for the AKs, you can find plenty online, it’s the same setup we’ve been seeing for years, just now also being applied to Type 56-1s instead of just Type 56-IIs (the visible difference here being that the 1s have wooden furniture instead of plastic, and were not in active service prior to this modernization).

So can someone please summarize quickly what is the current plans for refit/replacements so those of us who haven't been following this story very closely can get a quick update?

Is there a replacement coming, is it just upgrading G3 and Ak/type 56? Who is building it ect?

Much appreciated.

So can someone please summarize quickly what is the current plans for refit/replacements so those of us who haven't been following this story very closely can get a quick update?

Is there a replacement coming, is it just upgrading G3 and Ak/type 56? Who is building it ect?

Much appreciated.
As of now there seems to be no chance of any of these old monsters getting replaced. @PanzerKiel may have some other information.

Much appreciated.
Yes replacement for MP5A2 and AK type 56 on its way. However for G3 nothing in sight so far. May be Maverick 22..

Back
Top Bottom