What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Well I really hope we get rid of G3 and Type 56 fast because in the end Infantry is large part of Army and they should have best Gun with them
There is stil hope for you

as long as you can build it locally wihtout being sued and as a plus (optional) sell it outside does it really matter that it should be original design..
we are not aiming for Nobel prize, are we..?
Exactly my point

Tell that to POF and Professional force Army.
Professionalism is good but upto a certain degree.

Wese POF has tried to make make Ar10 and Ak103 knock offs. Let's see what comes out of it.
as long as you can build it locally wihtout being sued and as a plus (optional) sell it outside does it really matter that it should be original design..

There is no meaning in selling a licensed product abroad anymore than selling Pakistani built Agosta B submarines. Just come up with a basic design that is somewhat different and suited to Pakistan. Get the local talent like Daudsons involved. This is quite simple, no magic to making your own gun.

See if 7.62x51 really makes sense or not, come up with the best caliber by actual field use. Or for strategic reasons, go with the Chinese current 5.8mm. Or whatever.

A journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. No step is poor policy but I'm not sure what India is doing they seem to be buying all kinds of calibers willy nilly.

If you want an FN Scar H you could go the CZ route, give the gun to a local gun manufacturer, provide them R&D funds, and tell them to come up with something as similar as possible but just different enough to have its own IP.

Daudsons did a good job with its hand guns in doing exactly that. Give it to Daudsons. Help them with the polymer materials. Viola. Not sure why this has to be more complicated than that.

There is no meaning in selling a licensed product abroad anymore than selling Pakistani built Agosta B submarines. Just come up with a basic design that is somewhat different and suited to Pakistan. Get the local talent like Daudsons involved. This is quite simple, no magic to making your own gun.

See if 7.62x51 really makes sense or not, come up with the best caliber by actual field use. Or for strategic reasons, go with the Chinese current 5.8mm. Or whatever.

A journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. No step is poor policy but I'm not sure what India is doing they seem to be buying all kinds of calibers willy nilly.

If you want an FN Scar H you could go the CZ route, give the gun to a local gun manufacturer, provide them R&D funds, and tell them to come up with something as similar as possible but just different enough to have its own IP.

Daudsons did a good job with its hand guns in doing exactly that. Give it to Daudsons. Help them with the polymer materials. Viola. Not sure why this has to be more complicated than that.
what i am trying to say..POF doesn't need to sell a gun outside....as long it can sell a reliable gun to POF..where it comes from or what its origin is doesnt matter as long as it passes army quality trials

i am trying to say is building a copy of something is better than buying it off the shelf from outside..it will be much cheaper.

i don't expect much from POF as they don't have any funds for R&D

Then Pak will just remain a license producer of Western arms, while even UAE, Singapore, Israel and a bunch of small countries are making money exporting their firearms. This is where vision comes into play and having the mental attitude of a true nation.

SCAR-H was selected. Eventually Negotiations halted over ToT. Belgians were rigid over no Re export clause from their end pre 200,000 Units. Project still on Hold.
Are there chances of negotiations being resumed after Corona or not ???

I would pay attention to how the 6.8 tests are going. Personally Pakistan should make its independent judgement and adopt a single calibre that replaces 2 or 3 calibres in use.

Back
Top Bottom