What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
as long as you can build it locally wihtout being sued and as a plus (optional) sell it outside does it really matter that it should be original design..
we are not aiming for Nobel prize, are we..?
I hope our people will understand that.
However the do have one solid argument. A local design (while it may not earn you a Nobel Prize) will give you all of what you mentioned but at a lower $$ expenditure.

But hey, you know "army didn't wake one day and decide we need a gun, they have funds" argument still haunts me!!

SCAR-H was selected. Eventually Negotiations halted over ToT. Belgians were rigid over no Re export clause from their end pre 200,000 Units. Project still on Hold.
Bro as many of us have tried to explain over the past few years, THERE IS MORE TO MILITARY PROCUREMENT than being the best in the trials! And it not just money you know. There are always so many factors at play that "xyz is final as it was the best rifle at trials" or "Maa qasam it is coming" are never wise arguments.

20200510_045215.jpg

Pakistan won't be calling a GUN AK 103 when it's not specially when our relationship with Russia is growing at very fast pace prime example of that is we bought PANTSIR @PanzerKiel

A very limited number of Pantsir are no guarantee for a good relationship. Howeve , they can be an indicator of a relationship whose forging is in progress.

I think we ought to wait for our new battle rifle, priority seems towards other heavy weapons which are important for our conventional power projection and deterrence.

A very limited number of Pantsir are no guarantee for a good relationship. Howeve , they can be an indicator of a relationship whose forging is in progress.

I think we ought to wait for our new battle rifle, priority seems towards other heavy weapons which are important for our conventional power projection and deterrence.
Pantsir is one thing we also bought MI 35 and I know about one Anti Tank system also and yes we are not buddies but our relationship is growing at fast pace

Back
Top Bottom