What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@Hassan Guy @Falcon26 this is an example of where offsets can work in Pakistan right away.

Say the Army orders $120 m in goods from some OEM, a $40 m investment in these small arms companies (via facility upgrades, training, professional marketing, direct sales) could easily score a 2-3X ROI in a very short period of time. Pretty soon, these private companies would be doing more work (revenue wise) than POF.

POF Walo!!!! Koi Sharam hoti hai koi Haya hoti hai :tsk::tsk:

Its an AR10 .308 / 7.62x 51
They made entire rifle inhouse, Bolt to barrel to upper & lower to Trigger group....everything made on CNC machine......

@Path-Finder @Zarvan @Horus

P.S I have seen the weapon and it's not bad, only thing missing is heat treatment......

this Quarantine is really taking a toll on me.theres a disconnect b/w my brain(what i intend to write) & what actually write :facepalm: ....i wanted to mention that it's an AR10 rifle and look i clearly ommitted that and on twitter i wanted to write AR10 and i wrote AR15 ......
am editing almost every post of mine on forum, some posts i even end up editing 5-7 times.....:(....
and am Quarantined as in #Isolated at a facility....not that am infected but i came in contact with someone who was so......:undecided:....
yikes keep safe.

this Quarantine is really taking a toll on me.theres a disconnect b/w my brain(what i intend to write) & what actually write :facepalm: ....i wanted to mention that it's an AR10 rifle and look i clearly ommitted that and on twitter i wanted to write AR10 and i wrote AR15 ......
am editing almost every post of mine on forum, some posts i even end up editing 5-7 times.....:(....
and am Quarantined as in #Isolated at a facility....not that am infected but i came in contact with someone who was so......:undecided:....

bhai they had been making M4 for 2yrs now and have perfected that as they perfected Tokarev.....
this one is actually AR10. chambered in 7.62, which so have has not been done by anyone.....
they are working on ARX 9mmniw
stay safe and secure ....

Could such companies get market share in market like America 2nd amendment country. Where some preppers have hundreds of guns and that's just on the smaller scale on the hillybilly prepper spectrum.
@Hassan Guy @Falcon26 this is an example of where offsets can work in Pakistan right away.

Say the Army orders $120 m in goods from some OEM, a $40 m investment in these small arms companies (via facility upgrades, training, professional marketing, direct sales) could easily score a 2-3X ROI in a very short period of time. Pretty soon, these private companies would be doing more work (revenue wise) than POF.

Could such companies get market share in market like America 2nd amendment country. Where some preppers have hundreds of guns and that's just on the smaller scale on the hillybilly prepper spectrum.
Yes. If we buy something from an American company, that company might (as part of an offset) invest in our firms and bring their products to the US. So in this case, the 30% offset amounts to (1) investment and (2) exports to the US. If successful, the program's offsets could match or exceed the USD we spent on the first program.

So, for example...

Let's say the Army orders radars for $120 m with a 33% offset.

The OEM will arrange a FDI deal (either directly or with a partnering company in the US) worth $40 m. That $40 m will go into our private small arms manufacturers.

The FDI source will then try to export the products of its subsidiaries in Pakistan (i.e., the companies it invested in). If it's a popular product, those small firms could push $41 m (i.e., break-even) or 1-100% profit for the OEM.

In hard-currency terms, that could end up to $120 million-plus in hard-currency gains (either with profits from equity sharing OR manufacturing work).

But beyond that, you now have a private sector with experience designing, building and selling small arms to the US. So, they can start engaging other markets on their own, thereby securing even more hard currency gains.

If these firms grow enough, they too can engage in offset deals in other markets, i.e., which becomes FDI from Pakistan. The benefit here is that the profits from projects in other places comes back to Pakistan (this is the stage Turkey is at now).

You also save hard currency expenditure too because the private sector can design and manufacture new arms locally. So, in the future, the Army doesn't need to import those products -- so you also save in the future.

Don't get me wrong, this is the ideal. Things can go horribly wrong with offsets too (due to corruption, incompetence, lack of oversight). In most cases, you end up with a result in the middle, but even that gets your private sector moving and saves you USD down the line (if not generate USD gains via exports).

The keys are competent policymaking, oversight, and vision.

Last edited:
So far I've seen POF MP5 pistols making lots of sales. Apparently Mp5 is hard to get in US market so Pakistani MP5 is very famous with hillbilly 2nd amendmenters.

I think the "afsars" should take some initiative and try to diversify and introduce new products. Clean sheet designs in small arms shouldn't be too hard as there are already tons of revolutionary designs one can get "inspiration" from.

The AR we saw from POF resembles a lot like the AR sold by a company in USA with the same name i.e POF. Pictured:
images (10).jpeg

So either POF is in on this company and the design. Or this company in US is using POF's name and will thus diminish Pakistan's market share by infringing upon POF's copyrights. POF should sue them for intellectual property if that is indeed the case.
Yes. If we buy something from an American company, that company might (as part of an offset) invest in our firms and bring their products to the US. So in this case, the 30% offset amounts to (1) investment and (2) exports to the US. If successful, the program's offsets could match or exceed the USD we spent on the first program.

So, for example...

Let's say the Army orders radars for $120 m with a 33% offset.

The OEM will arrange a FDI deal (either directly or with a partnering company in the US) worth $40 m. That $40 m will go into our private small arms manufacturers.

The FDI source will then try to export the products of its subsidiaries in Pakistan (i.e., the companies it invested in). If it's a popular product, those small firms could push $41 m (i.e., break-even) or 1-100% profit for the OEM.

In hard-currency terms, that could end up to $120 million-plus in hard-currency gains (either with profits from equity sharing OR manufacturing work).

But beyond that, you now have a private sector with experience designing, building and selling small arms to the US. So, they can start engaging other markets on their own, thereby securing even more hard currency gains.

If these firms grow enough, they too can engage in offset deals in other markets, i.e., which becomes FDI from Pakistan. The benefit here is that the profits from projects in other places comes back to Pakistan (this is the stage Turkey is at now).

You also save hard currency expenditure too because the private sector can design and manufacture new arms locally. So, in the future, the Army doesn't need to import those products -- so you also save in the future.

Don't get me wrong, this is the ideal. Things can go horribly wrong with offsets too (due to corruption, incompetence, lack of oversight). In most cases, you end up with a result in the middle, but even that gets your private sector moving and saves you USD down the line (if not generate USD gains via exports).

Yeah Good luck with those in Pakistan.

(this is the stage Turkey is at now).
Pleasantly surprised to see how popular Çanik and Şarşilmaz pistols are becoming here.

POF is simply importing parts and assembling them with their own barrels. Its deplorable at best that they stamp foreign tech under their own name and try to sell their stuff to the Army.
How much the rifle have progressed do you have any new pictures of that Rifle ???

@PanzerKiel Sir do you have any information about Assault Rifle program which you can share with Army's permission. It would be very much appreciated !!!

interesting that the Creedmore round does not need new mags. The 7.62x51 mags work with them. Old G-3s could be upgraded to this round and certain parts could be built with a lighter material to lower overall weight.

There is a choice though of going with a conventional 6.5mm round or ones with polymer / composite casings. That would be the riskier path, but the path has to be chosen from the start as such rounds are beefier for the chambering.

How much the rifle have progressed do you have any new pictures of that Rifle ???
@Horus is talking about LSR Sniper
Not just LSR.
I have been saying it from very beginning that no matter we or anyone cry out that SCAR is selected or BERN is finalized or this or that, THERE STILL IS SOME STRONG SUPPORT FOR A LOCAL OPTION. There are people sitting in position that matter who are saying that a local design will be better. No i am not supporting or going against them, just stating the way things are. I am really disappointed how it was made to sound that SCAR is final as if a huge container ship have brought us hundreds of thousands of guns and is just waiting to berth at the port now. Nonsense!!
Trials conducted, results came out. THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS when it come to defense procurement. Horus and many others have indicated that as openly as they can, i too have been crying about it for YEARS now but here we are 6400+ posts later. Still, i am sure there will be people who wont bulge from what they "know" from "sources".

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom