What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
https://defence.pk/threads/army-hunts-for-lethal-assault-rifle-junks-drdos-excalibur.437634/page-2

Now India is also going for a new service rifles. What are the chances they will try to scuttle the efforts of Pakistan procuring rifles ?
With the exception of taking the riskiest approach possible by committing to a million rifles upfront and paying $2 billion, there isn't much they can add to the bottom line compared to Pakistan. Pakistan may not be able to buy much, and it may be lacking in options, but the realm of small arms isn't anywhere near as dire as big ticket items. In the worst case scenario, the Pakistan Army can just explain the entire acquisition roadmap (detailed by @Arsalan) to the vendors, giving them incentive of a $2 billion procurement of our own. But I don't think it'll come to that, too many competitors and there will only be 1 or 2 winners (for either contract), very little point in burning bridges before landing an inked contract.

Last edited:
https://defence.pk/threads/army-hunts-for-lethal-assault-rifle-junks-drdos-excalibur.437634/page-2

Now India is also going for a new service rifles. What are the chances they will try to scuttle the efforts of Pakistan procuring rifles ?
Dont think so. It is not that big ticket item and there are so many players involved. Plus we too are will be offering a more then decent contract. Also i think they will know that any such move will do more harm to them then it will do to us, i mean, they will be making a panic decision while we will be moving to an evaluated system that we have tried and tested in the trails. I mean to say that we have already studied and evaluated the alternatives in depth.

Lolz Just saw that @Quwa have already stated almost the same things. :)
Thanks sir!

In Kashmir we mostly use TYPE 56 but FN SCAR is good in hand to hand combat
View attachment 315418

Dear G-3 and Type-56 both are extensively used,I have seen and discussed it with soldiers deployed on frontlines during Kargil war and they say G-3 is feared by enemy because our soldiers use it very effectively with very good accuracy.

Well I think caliber is the problem it doesn't have 7.62 X 39 or 7.62 X 51. Although if we are looking to go for two Guns, one to replace G3 and one to replace Type 56 than along with FN SCAR I would prefer this over AK-103. AK-103 is already 25 year old weapon. @balixd @Arsalan
this does come in 7.62 x 39 and 7.63 x 52

Is checking Gun against Bullet Proof Jackets also part of trials
Surely the penetration power is evaluated, it is one key aspect.

It was actually quite surprising coming from you since you are the one sharing what you call "inside information" that confirms the SCAR is leading the trails and do so as a universal truth. How come you not aware of actually "what" trails they are part of and know what is in the lead. :)

anyway, yes penetration is evaluated by shooting at a metal plate. Something like this:
12718163_10205144351078714_2748087480964011480_n-jpg.313587

(Shared a few pages back on this very thread by @Sulman Badshah

Last edited:
Well I think caliber is the problem it doesn't have 7.62 X 39 or 7.62 X 51. Although if we are looking to go for two Guns, one to replace G3 and one to replace Type 56 than along with FN SCAR I would prefer this over AK-103. AK-103 is already 25 year old weapon. @balixd @Arsalan
In my opinion we shouldn't even be testing the Ak-103 series but instead should be testing the Ak-107 series which is way better and relatively more modernized with its counter balance recoil system. This video gives a pretty good overall comparison of the two series. IMO the Ak-107 is the only real competition of the FN Scar along with the HK-417.

Is checking Gun against Bullet Proof Jackets also part of trials
They might use doing ballistics gel testing, but its unlikely.

In my opinion we shouldn't even be testing the Ak-103 series but instead should be testing the Ak-107 series which is way better and relatively more modernized with its counter balance recoil system. This video gives a pretty good overall comparison of the two series. IMO the Ak-107 is the only real competition of the FN Scar along with the HK-417.

Outstanding share . Well I second this opinion. AKs are good. But as we know military guys have many parameters running in parallel in evaluation phase, so....cant say any thing. :(

We don't use this caliber in our inventory ..

it is 5.45x39 mm

we are looking to replace gun for
7.62x51mm and 7.62x39mm caliber

It was actually quite surprising coming from you since you are the one sharing what you call "inside information" that confirms the SCAR is leading the trails and do so as a universal truth. How come you not aware of actually "what" trails they are part of and know what is in the lead. :)

According to guy that works in Zastava (i already mentioned him on this topic and shared some info that he provided on Serbian forum) in total score SCAR is behind Zastava.

Back
Top Bottom