What's new

Army hunts for lethal assault rifle, junks DRDO's Excalibur!!

Great!!So the Army itself remains clueless as to what it wants.At least now, no one can blame the development agencies.Now why did they made the transition to 5.56 in the first place when the 7.62X51 SLRs were doing just fine be it in high altitudes or deserts??!!

Great!!So the Army itself remains clueless as to what it wants.At least now, no one can blame the development agencies.Now why did they made the transition to 5.56 in the first place when the 7.62X51 SLRs were doing just fine be it in high altitudes or deserts??!!
thats right why did they switch first from 7.62 cal to 5.56 in the first place when they were not satisfied or say now they want to make money or have they forgotten how its difficult to control a 7.62X51 in full auto

i still beleve a bullpup version of excalibur chambered with 7.62X51 can do the job just fine

Another BS Article Rajat Pandit!!! Has any one confirmed this? Is only TOI covering this BS?

thats right why did they switch first from 7.62 cal to 5.56 in the first place when they were not satisfied or say now they want to make money or have they forgotten how its difficult to control a 7.62X51 in full auto

It appears that our guys on the top have been unnerved by the Pakistani Army's decision to go for a new generation of 7.62 NATO chambered battle rifle as replacement for their ageing G3s. It's the same Arjun story being repeated, makes me kinda nostalgic tbh. :D

i still beleve a bullpup version of excalibur chambered with 7.62X51 can do the job just fine
Army isn't really fond of bull pups it seems.

It appears that our guys on the top have been unnerved by the Pakistani Army's decision to go for a new generation of 7.62 NATO chambered battle rifle as replacement for their ageing G3s. It's the same Arjun story being repeated, makes me kinda nostalgic tbh. :D

owr army generals are confused ,stupid and illogical and greedy they dont know what they want and keep changing there stand looks like MOD should stop pampering there views and give them to make most of it what we have and as for bullpup even the british army on which there training is based is been using bulpups for long so are chinese n french israelies and now even americans thinking to switch over to bulpups .. nuff said

I dont think countries take decisions like that, at least not in cases like that. All that takes time to boil out.

I dont think countries take decisions like that, at least not in cases like that. All that takes time to boil out.

You're saying this because you do not know how some of our Generals work!!You know about the Arjun, the so called 59 ton lumbering thingy, well it was supposed to be a 45 or so ton design till the Pakistanis seriously began to consider buying of M1 Abrams and the Generals panicked!!

You're saying this because you do not know how some of our Generals work!!You know about the Arjun, the so called 59 ton lumbering thingy, well it was supposed to be a 45 or so ton design till the Pakistanis seriously began to consider buying of M1 Abrams and the Generals panicked!!
so that means they are not just confused stupid and greedy but also paniky so let MOD take the final call as they are not in a postion too

owr army generals are confused ,stupid and illogical and greedy they dont know what they want and keep changing there stand looks like MOD should stop pampering there views and give them to make most of it what we have and as for bullpup even the british army on which there training is based is been using bulpups for long so are chinese n french israelies and now even americans thinking to switch over to bulpups .. nuff said

I don't think the Americans are going for bull pups, and in any case, it's the Indian Army we are talking about and so far,their decisions suggests that they are not really in favour of any bull pup design.

so that means they are not just confused stupid and greedy but also paniky so let MOD take the final call as they are not in a postion too

Well, to be honest, it was a wise decision but the problem with them is that they just don't follow through!!I mean once the Pakistanis decided to go instead for the T 80UDs and thus the perceived threat vanished without materialising, the generals also lost their interest in the Arjun project, the rest is history.

I don't think the Americans are going for bull pups, and in any case, it's the Indian Army we are talking about and so far,their decisions suggests that they are not really in favour of any bull pup design.

Well, to be honest, it was a wise decision but the problem with them is that they just don't follow through!!I mean once the Pakistanis decided to go instead for the T 80UDs and thus the perceived threat vanished without materialising, the generals also lost their interest in the Arjun project, the rest is history.
well as i said the current batch of generals should be send packing as they are incompetent and confused and ilogical and greedy to make any long term policy or reach on consensus as to what they really want so let MOD burocrats decide whats best we can give to them and they use it no point in running round the tree like a confused child

well as i said the current batch of generals should be send packing as they are incompetent and confused and ilogical and greedy to make any long term policy or reach on consensus as to what they really want so let MOD burocrats decide whats best we can give to them and they use it no point in running round the tree like a confused child

Well, let's confirm the news first.

Well, let's confirm the news first.
we need to make this and make it common for every infantry man/women in IA & BSF as its chambered with 7.62X51 MM and can be used in long range or CCB

ar33_bullpup_assault_rifle_by_omnipotprime-d37wivf.jpg

we need to make this and make it common for every infantry man/women in IA & BSF as its chambered with 7.62X51 MM and can be used in long range or CCB

ar33_bullpup_assault_rifle_by_omnipotprime-d37wivf.jpg

Nah, I would like a version of Steyr AUG with a 20" barrel, chambered for 6.5 Lapua Scenar bullets.From what I've heard from gun enthusiasts, the AUG is much more well balanced and simpler to disassemble with lesser amount of parts and all.

When are they going to junk LCA?

After you junk your Bunders!!

Posted this on another Thread , thought i post it here too as it is Funny and kinda of related to a BS article

Still - this Guy has great Gun control!!

Army and its love for foreign Mall :tsk:
Such an awesome gun.. But they won't get any commission for this:
1-Multi-Calibre-Individual-Weapon-System.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom