What's new

Pakistan's rhetoric on Kashmir does not match reality and has Illusions

It's a web blog, seriously....

If you want people to take you seriously, at least post proper sources.

hahaha pakistanis and kashmir....:lol:
^^ pakistanis aur kashmir k beech mein hamesha ek AND rhega :lol:

Funny, all this criticism of Myra MacDonald when I seem to remember that many Pakistani members here took solace in an article on Siachen that she wrote many years ago. well, if Hamid Mir can be an Indian agent, I suppose so can Ms. MacDonald.:)

That is a pretty common trait of Pakistanis (generalization, I admit but still) that I have noticed here. I remember William Dalrymple once said that the infrastructure of Pakistan was better than India and everyone highlighted that here like that was the ultimate truth. He recently became an Indian agent for saying something anti Pakistan. :)

It's a web blog, seriously....

If you want people to take you seriously, at least post proper sources.

In case you didn't notice, she is not an absolute nobody. It is an opinion piece but she can get it published anywhere if she wishes to. When blogs of a nobody like Riaz Haq can get published here why not a Reuters Bureau Chief !

This reporter seems far more educated on this matter than I but couldn't it be said she is reading too much into the PA COAS's statement? I mean can we really expect a new push by Pakistan to destabilise Indian Kashmir? She seems to be in siting this is what is on the cards.

But then again Pakistan is just such a mess with conflicting statements and multiple power centres that doesn't seem to follow conventional wisdom and is notoriously unpredictable. Anything and everything is on the table I guess.

In case you didn't notice, she is not an absolute nobody. It is an opinion piece but she can get it published anywhere if she wishes to. When blogs of a nobody like Riaz Haq can get published here why not a Reuters Bureau Chief !

First of all, no one actually thinks Riaz Haq is a pro, he's just another guy with an opinion.

Also, an opinion doesn't equate to facts. She's entitled to her opinion, but as pointed out by others in this thread, her opinion is wrong.

Lol :lol::lol::lol: So much for so called Kashmir freedom movement.
Are you really basing your entire opinion on one article?

Before partition Pakistan was also integral part of India :lol: and what would you say about divided parts of your integral parts i.e. Pakistani & Chinese Kashmir ..............

Pakistan is not an integral part of India not any more.You guys want your own nation and you got that.Now you must satisfy with that

First of all, no one actually thinks Riaz Haq is a pro, he's just another guy with an opinion.

Also, an opinion doesn't equate to facts. She's entitled to her opinion, but as pointed out by others in this thread, her opinion is wrong.

No, we are basing our opinion on the 1.4 million tourists that visit Kashmir every year. Her opinion matches with the reality on the ground.

Well when I saw news papers in 2000s I could see a lot of news about blood shed in Kashmir.But now Kashmir is not a subject of violence in our news ,not any more.Numbers are reduced to 180.civilians killed by Maoists in Chattisgarh is more than that.
Large numbers of tourists visit Kashmir last year.

I only see one Pakistani defending Pakistan's position,looks like rest of the Pakistanis dont obsess from Kashmir nowdays so much,alarmins situation for us Indians.

What a waste of time. Cheap article.
head-in-the-sand.jpg

Far from truth article from some wanna be journalist.... Anyways who cares.

u do .. !

As I said I have already posted neutral sources to counter all of your propaganda on Kashmir. Not rupee news. Not dawn.

About reuters. You might have just paid this particular journalist not the whole organization. Lifafa journalism exists everywhere.

And would kill Kashmiri muslims. Even though they are also real sons of Kashmir they don't matter being Muslims.

Muslims of UP ?bihar etc were also son of soil! however they were most active in partition ! so u never know !

Kashmir Bharat ka Atoot aang tha, hai aur hamesha rahega .. :tup:

Funny, all this criticism of Myra MacDonald when I seem to remember that many Pakistani members here took solace in an article on Siachen that she wrote many years ago. well, if Hamid Mir can be an Indian agent, I suppose so can Ms. MacDonald.:)

This cognitive bias should explain that behaviour:

confirmation bias - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Confirmation bias refers to a type of selective thinking whereby one tends to notice and to look for what confirms one's beliefs, and to ignore, not look for, or undervalue the relevance of what contradicts one's beliefs.
Individuals have to continually remind themselves of this tendency and actively seek out data contrary to their beliefs. Since this is unnatural, it appears that the ordinary person is doomed to bias.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. You had an objection about the source being a blog post initially. I told you that she was a reputed international journalist of reuters, not some average joe trying to score points. She has shared her personal experience of visiting J&K for the last 10-12 years and how things have changed. She has also presented actual well known numbers of how the insurgency is decreasing compared to 10-15 years ago. I don't understand how that is wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom