What's new

Pakistan's population explosion may become a threat to the very existence of the nation

So far I have not seen any nation vanishing due to population explosion. if it was true, Chinese and Indians would have been wiped out from the globe by now.

Unlike Chinese, Pakistanis will never follow any birth control policies.

Different argument altogether...Pakistanis generally not intelligent beings.

So far I have not seen any nation vanishing due to population explosion. if it was true, Chinese and Indians would have been wiped out from the globe.

China managed their population via the One-Child policy. India and Bangladesh are very poor examples to follow...even though India has a huge land area at their disposal.

So far I have not seen any nation vanishing due to population explosion. if it was true, Chinese and Indians would have been wiped out from the globe.
LOL. Nations do not just vanish overnight due to overpopulation. They die out in the long run when natural resources run out to feed the ever increasing mouths. Because it has HAPPENED historically in Easter Island:
EASTER ISLAND: A LESSON IN OVER-POPULATION | Social-Environmental Sustainability For A Better World

Did you know that same Vatican Pope is involved in contraception business worldwide :D
Pope Francis Contraception

No, but I can assure there would be A LOT less hungry mouths to feed on the available sources LEFT! :D

well , than i guess that is not your or anyone's else decision ... let people have as much as kids they want :)
this case should not be like Religion as us not have family planning so we will keep having kids , even our wife die ...
and this case should not be like this too, that govt or anyone come to you and say ,see dont have more than 2 kids , or you will all starve to death :D

well , than i guess that is not your or anyone's else decision ... let people have as much as kids they want :)
this case should not be like Religion as us not have family planning so we will keep having kids , even our wife die ...
and this case should not be like this too, that govt or anyone come to you and say ,see dont have more than 2 kids , or you will all starve to death :D

Best way to control population is to increase cost of living as we did in Norway. It actually worked. Currently we have only 5 million people in Norway, most of them very healthy, wealthy and wise :D

In my opinion - More disastorus thing in case of Pakistan are our policy maker than population growth. There is no long term planning - forget about thinking about long term our policy makers don't have even short term plans i.e. with the pace we are mercilessly converting fertile lands into residential schemes instead of vertical expansions than i am afraid that we will not be able to feed even current level of population after a decade or so. We are not building dams, there is no serious efforts to conserve water and creating awareness among people to save such a critical resource. No serious effort to maximize agriculture output or adding more cultivatable lands, nothing to maximize livestock.No proper planning to exploit natural resource and setup industry to provide employment - list is never ending.

Best way to control population is to increase cost of living as we did in Norway. It actually worked. Currently we have only 5 million people in Norway, most of them very healthy, wealthy and wise :D

that is not the topic ... we are no one to tell anyone , how many kids they should make , if someone give same suggestion to your parents , you wont be here to be a member on PDF .. same goes with me :D

that is not the topic ... we are no one to tell anyone , how many kids they should make , if someone give same suggestion to your parents , you wont be here to be a member on PDF .. same goes with me :D

BS. It comes back down to the same conclusion how many kids your parents can support. It doesn't help making lots of kids if you have no money to support them.

BS. It comes back down to the same conclusion how many kids your parents can support. It doesn't help making lots of kids if you have no money to support them.

why BS ? did anyone ask your mom dad ? that if you are not able to support it or not ??
that is people decision to make ... they are not asking you or anyone for money i guess ?
just because of US has good economy there is no one ask you to have 1 kid , but we are talking about Pakistan , you have 1 kid or you have 4 kids , govt is still not going to do ... we dont have money ? yes we do have money ... but the thing is Govt is not functions properly ... so better than asking people to have less kids , change the govt ...and create a corruption free Pakistan ... and Nature has its own procedure , as far as humans are born , people are dying too .. Wars, Diseases , Natural Disasters , Accidents , etc ... so there is nothing going to happen because of this rising population its just BS ... nothing else ..

Pakistani pundits don't have the capacity of comprehending the significance and seriousness of this explosive issue. Its too over refined for them :(

Pakistani pundits don't have the capacity of comprehending the significance and seriousness of this explosive issue. Its too over refined for them :(
Only sane and known person who ever talks about Pakistani population bomb is Hassan Nisar. The rest, well who cares about them?

54dc64d60e9b4.jpg

It's out, even the Pope has said it that there's no need to "breed like rabbits". He was, of course, addressing the Catholics, but he could well have been talking to Pakistanis.

54dc8178001e6.jpg

Pakistan's population explosion may become a threat to the very existence of the nation
The fact that there will be 342 million people in Pakistan by 2050 is giving many people sleepless nights. For years now, demographers have been trying to get the attention of the policy makers, showing them that Pakistan needs to slow population growth.

Today, the signs are all over — perpetual power outages, current petrol imbroglio, 25 million out of school kids, and polio cases through the roof.

Dr Farid Midhet, a demographer heading Jhpiego, who sees a clear link between poverty, inequality and population, is worried that unless the government invests in the young Pakistani population (approximately 56 per cent of the population in 2014) the latter may become a threat to the very existence of the nation.

"If young people are unable to achieve their dreams, their energies may be directed towards undesirable activities," he warned.

Demographic Dividend

Pakistan's population is growing by around two per cent a year but the economy has failed to keep pace with the population growth.

Demographic dividend is defined as a one-time window of opportunity of accelerated economic growth; it begins with changes in the age structure of a country's population as it transitions from high-to-low birth and death rates, which are called the demographic dividend.

54d9e2c73de15.jpg

54d9e2f060b6a.jpg

Many see this population explosion quite differently

They say Pakistan is well-placed as it has a young and rapidly urbanised population in an ageing world.

"Pakistan is going through a youth bulge in its demographic transition. Data shows that the youth (aged 15-24) is better educated than the older generations and have lower fertility rates and are increasingly urban," said acclaimed economist, Asad Sayeed, director and senior researcher at the Collective of Social Science Research, a Karachi based research and consulting organisation.

However, he said, the setback to harnessing these factors is the "significant inequality, not so much across income levels but across genders and across urban and rural areas."

But accelerated economic gains are not around the corner, at least not yet. And with over half the population living on less than two dollars a day, something is not quite right.

"While investment in human capital is necessary, it is more important that this investment is geared towards women and towards the rural areas," said Sayeed.

Having a large population of young employable people will not automatically translate into economic prosperity.

While the changing population structure is the necessary first step, investment in health, education, sound economic policies, and good governance will result in accelerated economic growth.

54db3d488b58b.jpg

This is quite exaggerated. Looking back at nt grandparents, parents and our generation, people on average have less kids. This is due to economics and reality. My grandparents generation people had an average of 7-10 kids and parents was 4-6 and ours is 2-4 max. That is what see around me, friends and close and extended family.

They only have the energy crisis, water crisis, terrorist crisis, India crisis to talk about. :rofl: Babies being born is the last of the problems.

Back
Top Bottom