Pakistan's obsession with Indian movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Johnson

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan's indian obsession is quite prevalantly known.Have a look at these trends.The first two are most important.I could have posted more trends but it would have been tedious.

Google Trends: bollywood

Google Trends: indian movies

Google Trends: shahrukh khan

Google Trends: amir khan

Google Trends: akshay kumar

Google Trends: 3 idiots

Google Trends: tees maar khan

Google Trends: salman khan

Google Trends: once upon a time in mumbai

Google Trends: ajay devgan

Google Trends: krrish

In most of these trends,the pakistani searchers outnumber their indian counterparts by a huge margin.

you seem to have lot of free time to search this :)
it has already been discussed enough times here :)

chodo yaar . People here will never accept such obsession . It will lead to a troll thread .Nothing else

Wonder why we use the word obsession so freely ?

When there are similarities in language, culture etc one could have an interest in such things.

Back in the 80's Pak TV and Drama serials were a rage in India..such things happen.

But Pakistanis here always claim that there are very few or no cultural similarities between india and pakistan.So it should be called obsession,nah?

Pakistan obsession with Bollywood is natural as Bollywood mostly portrays the culture of North Western India.. and which has lots of similarities with Pakistan ... all those trends you posted... Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar... 3 of them are Pashtuns and 1 is Punjabi.... so Pakistani liking the Bollywood is natural..

Now you don't see Pakistan's obsession with Tollywood or Dollywood etc right? even though South produces more films as compared to Bollywood...

Similarity of language, nothing else.

I would watch a Pakistani movie over say Chinese movie anyday, just because I can understand whatever they are saying. Reading sub titles just doesn't do it for me.

Pakistan obsession with Bollywood is natural as Bollywood mostly portrays the culture of North Western India.. and which has lots of similarities with Pakistan ... all those trends you posted... Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar... 3 of them are Pashtuns and 1 is Punjabi.... so Pakistani liking the Bollywood is natural..

Now you don't see Pakistan's obsession with Tollywood or Dollywood etc right? even though South produces more films as compared to Bollywood...

No , bollywood shows the culture of all parts of India actually even though Northen Indian and Bombay culture is more prominent than others . Not just North-western India . This is coming from a North-western Indian .

But Pakistanis here always claim that there are very few or no cultural similarities between india and pakistan.So it should be called obsession,nah?

I dont think so.

Why dont we watch French or Spanish movies ? Language.

Its the common language that draws us to English movies, similarly thats why I feel Indian movies are watched in Pak.

nick_indian is right...most of the things in bollywood movies are based in mumbai only..

No , bollywood shows the culture of all parts of India actually even though Northen Indian and Bombay culture is more prominent than others . Not just North-western India . This is coming from a North-western Indian .

Yeah that is true, especially for the recent years.... What I meant to say that Pashtuns and Punjabis are overly represented in Bollywood.. and many Pakistanis take pride in that.. that their ppl r ruling Bollywood... and making us proud... ;) to such extent that the ancestral homes of Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar in khyber Pakhtunwa are soon going to get the "National Heritage" Status..

Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor's ancestral homes in Pakistan to get heritage status - Times Of India

I dont think so.

Why dont we watch French or Spanish movies ? Language.

Its the common language that draws us to English movies, similarly thats why I feel Indian movies are watched in Pak.

I am not saying that we dont have cultural similarities with pakistan but pakistanis make or break their cultural similarities with us as per their comfert.That's what is annoying.

I am not saying that we dont have cultural similarities with pakistan but pakistanis make or break their cultural similarities with us as per their comfert.That's what is annoying.

haha you just framed it in exact words :)

Yeah that is true, especially for the recent years.... What I meant to say that Pashtuns and Punjabis are overly represented in Bollywood.. and many Pakistanis take pride in that.. that their ppl r ruling Bollywood... and making us proud... ;) to such extent that the ancestral homes of Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar in khyber Pakhtunwa are soon going to get the "National Heritage" Status..

Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor's ancestral homes in Pakistan to get heritage status - Times Of India

Its not only the case with the khans but other actors are also overwhelmingly searched on the net in pakistan.And Dabangg which is centred in Uttar Pradesh and dirty picture which was based on the life of a south indian actress was also popular in pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom