What's new

Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw russians planes.
The new russian planes..
might have "some" specs but it never proven it.
and all other russians plane that proven themselves.
after WWII... were all failures.
F16 IS THE BEST AIRCRAFT.
AND SINCE HES BIG NINJA BROTHER F35 IS COMING.
IM IN LOVE.
I would put my Pen0r in the EXCHAUS

what people here don't seem to understand is that no country CAN modify the F-16s reason being that wherever in the world the F-16s are based US sends in its "technicians" as part of the F-16 deal! the reason is to monitor that no f-16 is given to an "enemy state" or no F-16 is modified!

hence reconfiguration of previous f-16s or current block 52s would be impossible! without US knowing about it!

Dear,

Since i am an engineer myself, I see two possibilities.

1. Either configure/change the F16's Fire-Control computer to deliver your commands, re-do the wiring and design your own launch port. or
2. Configure the Weapon itself to accept the existing set of command codes.

Option 2 seems easier, doesn't it.

Our F16's are already wired for LGB's, why not use the same command codes to fire/release a home-made nuke.

Regards,
Sapper

this thread went along nicely, but as it happen often, it got of the trek, i try again to bring it to main theme( If i amy succeed).
MKIian repeated often tht MKI has greater radar range~350 km for scaning and for engaging/targeting with R77 a range of 150 km where as F16 block 52hav scan range of 300 km with AIM 120 C a range of 110 km. thus they then show tht MKI will have first shot opportunity. I am not a PAF man yet i disagree with it. As i know, Target and Scaning ranges are strong functionof RCS, MKI ranges are ment for 3 m of RCS target, F 16 has a RCS less thn 1 metercube. where as MKI has more thn 3 metercube even after using RAMs. soR77 range to target/engage F 16 with be reduced to nearly 100km but for AIM 120 C the range will remain almost the same. thus game is evenly poised ( may be thts why US is not selling 120 D to Pakistan-it will change the balance in favour of F 16 by a large margin). If I am WRONG, I will be happy being corrected!

Regards.

block 52 is no doubt comparable to indian mki..

in which way its compareble

radar range??
payload capicity??
max speed ???
missiles???
range of flight????

Guys please be realistic... MKI is best in South Asia and that's a fact Period... However when it comes to war there is nothing like 1-o-1 scenario...

MKI is no doubt the best but is not invincible..Advantages that it has over F-16 can be minimized or nullified with use of Awacs, strike formations and other tactics that are out there....However being a better machine it would have higher probability of coming out as a winner because tactics and counter tactics are anybody's guess...One thing is for sure that MKI is a headache for our adversaries...

this thread went along nicely, but as it happen often, it got of the trek, i try again to bring it to main theme( If i amy succeed).
MKIian repeated often tht MKI has greater radar range~350 km for scaning and for engaging/targeting with R77 a range of 150 km where as F16 block 52hav scan range of 300 km with AIM 120 C a range of 110 km. thus they then show tht MKI will have first shot opportunity. I am not a PAF man yet i disagree with it. As i know, Target and Scaning ranges are strong functionof RCS, MKI ranges are ment for 3 m of RCS target, F 16 has a RCS less thn 1 metercube. where as MKI has more thn 3 metercube even after using RAMs. soR77 range to target/engage F 16 with be reduced to nearly 100km but for AIM 120 C the range will remain almost the same. thus game is evenly poised ( may be thts why US is not selling 120 D to Pakistan-it will change the balance in favour of F 16 by a large margin). If I am WRONG, I will be happy being corrected!

Regards.

I am not a military expert by any stretch of Imagination however i can see a logicl error in your post...Mind it i can be 100% wrong...

This is the formula to calculate Radar Equation

where
* Pt = transmitter power
* Gt = gain of the transmitting antenna
* Ar = effective aperture (area) of the receiving antenna
* σ = radar cross section, or scattering coefficient, of the target
* F = pattern propagation factor
* Rt = distance from the transmitter to the target
* Rr = distance from the target to the receiver.

In other words Radar Cross Section is not the only factor in finding out the target...

I am not a military expert by any stretch of Imagination however i can see a logicl error in your post...Mind it i can be 100% wrong...

This is the formula to calculate Radar Equation

where
* Pt = transmitter power
* Gt = gain of the transmitting antenna
* Ar = effective aperture (area) of the receiving antenna
* σ = radar cross section, or scattering coefficient, of the target
* F = pattern propagation factor
* Rt = distance from the transmitter to the target
* Rr = distance from the target to the receiver.

In other words Radar Cross Section is not the only factor in finding out the target...

thank you for this usefull post...

but i feel there is no need to discuss this thread as we all know su-30mki is a much better plane...and is considered as a 4.5 gen plane by the American institute of defense analysis.... yaar is has defeated eurofighter typhoon in dog fights held in germany...recently...

in which way its compareble

radar range??
payload capicity??
max speed ???
missiles???
range of flight????

In dense electronic warfare environment no radar can utilize its full instrumental range so the MKI longer range advantage dramatically falls to medium range. Radar locks or tracks can be evaded at longer distance through electronic warfare and tactics. But Indians like to play these kind of silly mine is bigger then yours game on papers. In reality things are quite different then specs.
Without talking about the future like 5-10 years from now The PAF AMRAAM has clear advantage over russian counterparts.

On paper MKI is better but depending on who has better tactics will be the main result of both fighters. IAF has spec advantage while PAF has tactics advantage.

thank you for this usefull post...

but i feel there is no need to discuss this thread as we all know su-30mki is a much better plane...and is considered as a 4.5 gen plane by the American institute of defense analysis.... yaar is has defeated eurofighter typhoon in dog fights held in germany...recently...

butaa yaara then dont bother replying here again if you think its useless to debate here.
and yaar one more thing. Which fanboy dream are you talking about a EF getting defeated by MKI in a exercise?

In dense electronic warfare environment no radar can utilize its full instrumental range so the MKI longer range advantage dramatically falls to medium range. Radar locks or tracks can be evaded at longer distance through electronic warfare and tactics. But Indians like to play these kind of silly mine is bigger then yours game on papers. In reality things are quite different then specs.
Without talking about the future like 5-10 years from now The PAF AMRAAM has clear advantage over russian counterparts.

On paper MKI is better but depending on who has better tactics will be the main result of both fighters.

You are absolutely right on the bolded part...However

In dense electronic warfare environment no radar can utilize its full instrumental range so the MKI longer range advantage dramatically falls to medium range

Won't the same be true for F-16???

But Indians like to play these kind of silly mine is bigger then yours game on papers

I think this issue is across board...

Growler

On paper MKI is better but depending on who has better tactics will be the main result of both fighters. IAF has spec advantage while PAF has tactics advantage.

thats a point in an environment with lot of VHF noise and jamming it reamins to be seen how these paper tigers will perform..

thanks for putting formula here. it shows Range is Proportional to 4th root of RCS thus in principle MKI and F 16 will have almost the same range for engagements.so it settles Range issue aint it?

Guys.......... details more of BVR capabilities and ranges of both aircrafts please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom