What's new

Pakistan's missed opportunity

We're not though:

Hu Jintao: China is still a developing country - Xinhua

We're not even a developed country yet, let alone a superpower which is miles off.

Now contrast this with the statement from India's President:

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam - Economic Times

Stop quibbling. The stated objective of the Chinese establishment is to 'beat US'. Give me an explanation- hasn't the US been a great friend to you? Then why such hostility towards them? I can assure you, my explanation will be different from yours.

And lemme also reply to your self-righteous 'we have to do it ourselves' comment. No- you can't do it yourself too. In the modern historical paradigm states grow only if the people of the terrotories willingly decide to associate. You can't just walk in and 'ask' for territories like goons coz sometime in the past they paid tribute to you.

It would have been interesting. China Pak attacking India. when whole world was looking at cuban crisis :tup:

As soon as crisis were over the unilateral withdrawal of China humilating Indian forces would have left Pak in good position :no:

Would India have showed same behaviour to Pak as it showed to China ???
Would US-SU satyed neutral ???
US was pro-India that time ;)

Says who?

Give me a quote from the Chinese government that says that.

Oh it just OOOZESSS from every single pore and every single comment. Now ditch your hypocrisy and tell me your POV. I'm not being judgmental at all (I always think ambition is a good thing anyway), my point is something else.

Oh it just OOOZESSS from every single pore and every single comment. Now ditch your hypocrisy and tell me your POV. I'm not being judgmental at all (I always think ambition is a good thing anyway), my point is something else.

America is our strategic rival, but there is no need to "beat" them in the conventional sense. We will build up our capabilities until the day when we can finally surpass them.

As Sun Zi said, the greatest skill is to win without fighting.

China will never again put such an offer on the table with Pakistan, simply because India will then join the US led Japan, US, Vietnam, Philippines, South Korea alliance. Something which India has been staying away from for the hope of better relations with China.
If india and china are at war, i truely believe that this offer will be on table again......i doubt that USA will join the war untill and unless war is out of control and has exapnded to regional level including russia.......as for as vietnam, philippines and japan are concerned i don't think they will do such a mistake......i mean japan can be taken as a thread but philipines and vietnem---- i don't think so...and if south korea join the theater then north korea will also be there that means USA will be involved.....but......aside from all this........there are very very low chances that all the countries you named above will join you in war against chaina... may be politically and economically but not militarily........ because of china,s immense soft and hard power........and even if so, pakistan and china will complete their targets even before help from west arrives......as india cannot bear chines with full might on their border, even today..... and they will try their best to maximize the military presence on border with china......and on the other hand if pakistan attacks on kashmir in this situation, i don't think india will withstand their position more than a week.....because of india,s heavy engagement on chinese border..... and peraps that is why india,s political and military leardership is continiously saying that WE CAN DEFEAT BOTH CHINA AND PAKISTAN ATONCE....... even when they know that it is immpossible for india for atleast next 40-50 years in case of full war........:smokin:

America is our strategic rival, but there is no need to "beat" them in the conventional sense. We will build up our capabilities until the day when we can finally surpass them.

As Sun Zi said, the greatest skill is to win without fighting.

'Strategic Rival' in what way? There is no rivalry from their side at all- all rivalry is from your side. You know why? Because the question has nothing to do with the US at all- it has everything to do with 'Legitimacy' for the Chinese establishment. They think that 'beating' the US gives enough cause to justify a dictatorship- guess what, it doesn't. A dictatorship is always a dictatorship and 'beating' the biggest and most powerful democracy (if that ever happens) also doesn't make dictatorships legitimate.

I think the the reason Ayub Khan wanted joint defense with India was because Pakistan had some semblance of self respect back in those days and they didn't want to loose part of J & K to China.Remember alot of Kashmir that China controls today was under Pakistan in '59.

The same old lie again ! A lot of Kashmir that Pakistan controls today was under Chinese control back in '63 , so if you cant even get the dates and the facts right . How exactly can you explain the Sino-Pak Frontier agreement then ?

The agreement resulted in China withdrawing from about 750 square miles of territory, and Pakistan withdrawing its claim to about 2,050 square miles of territory that, in practice, it neither occupied or administered.

Trans-Karakoram Tract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Professor M. Taylor Fravel of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has written a definitive work on China's territorial disputes. In an outstandingly able survey, he provides, with copious references to Chinese sources, an overview that reveals China's outlook on the disputes. This is what this scholar of unimpeachable credentials has to say on what the China-Pakistan boundary agreement actually provides:
“China maintained control over more of the disputed territory, but the agreement overall was more favourable to Pakistan. China kept roughly 5,309 square kilometres it contested in the Shaksgam Valley. However, it transferred [ sic] control of some 1,942 square kilometres of territory in the Oprang Valley to Pakistan, which also maintained control over an additional 1,554 square kilometres of territory it already held. On balance, Pakistan seems to have gained more from the deal, as the final borderline followed closely the line of actual control advocated by Pakistan. China not only abandoned its claims to the Hunza, but Pakistan also received grazing areas in the Prang and Bund Darwaza valleys, the Kharachanai salt mine, and the town of Sokh Bulaq. In addition, Pakistan kept control over three-fourths of K2 as well as six of seven disputed mountain passes. Finally, Pakistan transferred no territory already under its control to China.” (Page 116; emphasis added, throughout.) It was instead China which “transferred control of some 1,942 square kilometres” to Pakistan. When will the half-a-century-old lie the country has been fed on be laid to rest?

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=20110408280708300.htm&date=fl2807/&prd=fline&

@Armstrong @Chinese-Dragon @Oscar Its a good read , that article .

And Pakistan is the perfect example.
All that land taken without firing a single shot and and Pakistanis are ever so grateful.
Hats off.

Did you know that India has by FAR the largest trade deficit in the developing world? (Worst fiscal deficit too).

And the majority of India's enormous trade deficit... is owed to China.

Our currency reserves are almost $4 trillion, we don't need all those billions from India, but you give it to us anyway. Every year. While destroying your own economic competitiveness in the process.

This is Sun Zi. :P

Did you know that India has by FAR the largest trade deficit in the developing world? (Worst fiscal deficit too).

Our currency reserves are almost $4 trillion, we don't need all those billions from India, but you give it to us anyway. Every year. While destroying your own economic competitiveness in the process.

Economics don't work with homely analysis.

The china was not the same that day..... the relationship between china and paksitan was not same..... In the case of such attack Indians might have had US and USSR on its side, and then everyone knows the result of such a war..... Pakistan might have thought it would be stupid to support chinese..... But then if chinese where so keen on destroying india wonder why they turned down the distress call from islamabad in 65 and 71.......

All that land taken without firing a single shot and and Pakistanis are ever so grateful.

Unfortunately , there was " no land " taken from Pakistan however that example will work for Aksai Chin , whose majority of areas were taken by PLA even before the start of '62 war . Read a little history before deciding to comment on it .

Man on humanitarian grounds, just say that China should abandon Pakistan make alliance with India to give PDF Indians some peace of mind

Your sense of humour is really amazing. Love your one liners even it is against us :cheers:

Last edited:

True!

But thanks for all the billions in investment money :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom