What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

whole internet is being ban but reselt will come out soon. load sheding is the selution for ban every thing.we are try our whole best to ban it:P

lol shukar kar rahya hain PTA walay unko b koi kaam mila hey warna haram kha khaa kar phaeet he nikalay ja rahay thay lolz

why not just ban that particular page rather than the whole site like the zardari video ? and what's wrong with wiki or flickr ? infact thats one of the best sites to promote pakistan coz theres so many pakistani photographers and people all over the world are seeing and commenting about how beautiful the country is 99% of the pics i posted on the beautiful pakistan thread are from flickr .
I'm worried they'll ban pdf next theres plenty of hate against the zardari government they can just use it as an excuse :undecided:
I think there should be some complaints about this if just 20 JUI people protesting can get a ban than millions of internet users can get it lifted.......

Well, your sentiments and emotions are highly respected in this matter but GoP has to think the way many religious-fanatics and opportunity-grabbers do, as they will not hesitate for a second and take this opportunity to bring common people on roads and do the damage and create mayhem and problems for the Govt.

If you remember last time back in 2007, they complaint about GoP not showing any reaction or resistance on this matter and came out on streets doing unnecessary damages but by doing it this time, their mouths have been zipped by GoP, a clever move indeed.

whole internet is being ban but reselt will come out soon. load sheding is the selution for ban every thing.we are try our whole best to ban it:P

umm if u use proper words to EXPLAIN what ur tryna say it would be better. p.s loadshedding has nothing to do with it

Use DailyMotion instead of Youtube

Use Encyclopedia instead of Wikipedia

However forget the social networking thing, its kills time and time is a precious thing.

And then same videos will be uploaded on dailymotion... then???

Do you think French will take it off?? They are the once calling for ban on hijab.. which already is offending to some members here.

Temporarily Banning face book as a sign of protest against "everybody draw Mohammed day" is not something i deem stupid, what else can convey the message since clearly the users themselves have been unable to convince the site management despite many complaints to remove the page.

I agree that there are thousands of hate filled sites out there but they are not a global social networking site are they?
A global social networking site should not allow things to hit extremes against any religion, race or country.
It is not an anti Islam site so what is the problem in detaching themselves from an action which is deemed blasphemous in Islam and hurts Muslims to the extreme.

Does facebook not care about the sentiments of many of its Muslim users?
Is their decision to let it all float despite the Muslim feelings a reasonable one?
They know that it is a hugely controversial thing and it is not a view imposed by outsiders but members of their own service, if they can be so unreasonable about it to ignore it all then what is the proper response to it?

I know that we cannot possibly ban everything and we should not, however we need to draw a line as well, do we ignore this open mockery of our deep feelings (no matter how trivial they are to someone else) or do we take some concrete step like a temporary ban to somehow get the message through?

I for one am very upset, if PDF allows the open mockery of Islam or other religions, will the members feel happy or bad?
Similarly if facebook becomes a ground for mudslinging at eachother's religions and provoking different people then what kind of a social networking is happening here?

There are many people who make fun of such things and cannot be stopped but allowing them to do so in such a forum or website is wrong when other members are clearly hurt by it all.

I repeat that LHC, GoP & muslims have acted STUPIDLY, there's no way on earth you can stop them from publishing such material

some of the proxy sites are also banned...

do you know about 'Ultra Surf' :D

You know what is this? Zardari and gang has found an opportunity to block all those sources where they are attacked. Youtube pe din raat Zardari hi ganda hota hai.

You hit the nail here...
That's what Muslims need to understand...I would rather not use the word Europeans as in generalization though...

One of the Page on FB...very clearly in the information section quotes as below...

And that's exactly what has happenned...a few nutters wanted you to be enraged and they are having the last laugh...Most of the people did not knew about it till day before yesterday ..till our muslim friends started forwarding the appeals and now the whole world knows about it..

Should have ignored it ...just like multiple blasphemous websites that you ignore

you ignore this next time they go a step further....and ignore that they go further & slowly but eventually you have this:

now tell me if you have a small wound if you don't do something about it it will only become more infected & worse!!! not better....:coffee:

burying your head in the sand never helps! someone has to start somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved an SMS stating that Facebook has accrued loss of 2 billion euros in last two days only.. and if this ban goes for next 7 days than this loss will swell up to 40 billion euros..

Is this true????:what:

Back
Top Bottom