What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

The Quran also stops us from doing a lot of other things other than abusing other peoples religion. How are we muslims doing on that end? I think I have mentioned this before but what is 50% of our faith? Look around how we muslims live our everyday lives then we can go around preaching about saving our non practicing religion.

I don't know about others but I try my best fulfil what is expected of me, I fast and I pray, I give my poor due(Zakat), Do not consume alcohol, I avoid obscenity, do not indulge in corruption and try to respect people's rights. These are the basics of Islamic religion.

More tap-dancing. But I guess we can conclude that the original complaint is invalid because there is no EXTERNAL compulsion to prevent muslims from insulting other religions. The Taliban's destruction of the old Buddhist statues proved that.
Hi
What does the killings of Muslims in Pakistan by Taliban prove then? you know what Taliban did, do you know what fundamentalist Hindus did to Babri mosque? they demolished it, was it not a holy place for Muslims? that happened way before Taliban's demolished idols.Your hatred is clouding your judgment, you are too sacred to accept anything which defies the box in your lounge which has taught you nothing but hatred and rendered you incompetent to think on your own
I don't know in which sense you are defining this external compulsions but there is a rule for muslims, more of an ethical code to respect other religions, both in the teaching of Prophet Muhammad SAW & also in Quran,and i provided you that in my previous post. This simple point is too complicated for you & i already explained above why.

LHC bans Facebook till May 31
By Express
May 19, 2010

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) temporarily banned the social networking site Facebook till May 31.

The court issued the order after an Islamic forum of lawyers sought ban on its access for holding a contest of caricatures on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

President of the forum Chahudhry Zulfiqar demanded strict action against the site, saying that the competition would hurt religious sentiments of the Muslim community.

The telecommunication authority officials on the other hand urged the court to ban only those pages showing the offensive drawings.

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) said that it will block the social networking site after receiving a notification by the IT ministry.

The so-called caricature competition is scheduled to be held on May 20th.

LHC bans Facebook till May 31 – The Express Tribune

About the blasphemous websites on phasebook..in the program aalim online amir called that IT/communications minister he told all other Islamic countries have blocked it why haven't you and they've blocked it weeks ago to him he replied he didn't know that and he will order to block it months past and yet Pakistan has to take steps even if blocked too late such a shame, that tv program was i think from January/February now calculate the time 3 months past..we talk about Zionists we've them at home..

well one of my friend works at IP Core II of PTCL and he told me that when this order was given some facebook groups were banned but not the entire facebook as per PTA instructions.

Hi
Entire Face book should be banned at least for a week but not only in Pakistan rather in all Muslim states, i wish if muslims states had strong diplomacy they could persuade non-Muslim friendly states to do that too, but alas! i am sure if some states boycott FB, it will suffer some losses

It used to be "Proud Pakistani", I put it there to protest the recent killing of two Palestinian youth.

Exactly. You had some justification in your mind to do it. And you didn't bother to think whether it would offend Jews before you did it. Or if you did, you didn't care.
All Israelis/Jews were not responsible for those 2 deaths. Yet you did something that would be extremely offensive to all Jews.

The same goes for those drawing cartoons. They probably have some justification for what they are doing in their minds - be it 9/11, 7/7, Times Square or whatever. Even though all Muslims were not responsible for those events, they don't care, just as you didn't.

You expect them not to do it because it offends Islam. But when it comes to other religions, you personally have not kept up the standard of respect you expect others to show to Islam.

Anyway, glad to see the change of avatar.

banning is not the only solution. the govt is actually govt n it isssssssss in power to take some powerful step. if cant apply throughout the world but should apply on atleast the whole country. however the step of Lahore hicourt is appreciable. govt is the body that can issue the emergency n the whole countrymen r bound to follow that... on the other hand private sector can also take some atep but that will not b as effective as govt's.

@ skies. u have a nice suggestion but the question is y anybdy dare to do so. n every problem has solution.

being worked up over cartoons is a just pathetic.anyways jesus endures more mud slinging everyday.

High Court Did a very nice job .I think it should be banned permanently in Pakistan . I too stopped using F**kbook permanently.If we all stop using it thn they will learn their lesson .
their so called freedom of speech always ends up on invoking muslim sentiments and making fun of muslims .tht their freedom of speech is ..........

facebook is not banned only that group page anyway apparently theres around 45 million facebook users in pakistan according to some news sources thats a huge number whether they admit it or not this temporary ban if they do it for the whole of facebook is going to hurt them it's around 10% decrease of their traffic which is alot.

I am announcing the creation of new website called 'MyFace', it will be an excellent site where people put their face pic up and go about harrasing others, sharing personal info, signing up to stupid fan pages, let Pedo's check their profile and CIA monitor all your moves.

You can also meet potential partners or enemies through this site.

MyFace coming soon on the Inturnat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom