What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Good, facebook sucks. I hope they also ban twitter, what the heck is a 'tweet' anyways?

Good if Pakistan bans FB.. There would be certain increase of productivity.. I recommend Indian government to follow the same... lol

Good if Pakistan bans FB.. There would be certain increase of productivity.. I recommend Indian government to follow the same... lol

Sometimes i can't get off of PDF :D and it's killing my productivity :argh:

Sometimes i can't get off of PDF :D and it's killing my productivity :argh:

Same is true with me buddy. In office, I find so much wok is pending and at home, I get daily scolded by wife.. poor me :(

LHC issues notice to PTA on plea to ban Facebook

LAHORE: Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry of the Lahore High Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority secretary to reply until Wednesday (today), on a petition seeking a ban on Facebook, which is holding a competition of caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Islamic Lawyers Movement filed the petition through Chaudhry Zulfiqar advocate, who stated that a competition was announced on Facebook on April 20 which would continue until May 20, asking all the members of the website to create their caricatures to participate in the competition.

Zulfiqar said under the law no practice against Islam could be allowed in the country. He told the court that the website, having various features against the injunctions of Islam, is banned in various countries. Zulfiqar submitted that there were 45 million users of Facebook in Pakistan, adding that the PTA was responsible for its spread in Pakistan. He said the PTA has already blocked various websites in the country but was reluctant to ban Facebook. He said students and various segments of the society have already started protests in the country, which could be harmful for the public property. He requested the court to issue directions to PTA to put an immediate ban on the use of Facebook in the Pakistan. staff report

Notice Issued to PTA Lahore High Court on ‘Facebook’ Ban

Lahore High Court (LHC) here Tuesday issued notice for May 19 (today) to Secretary Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in a petition seeking ban on Facebook, networking web-site, in the country for the web-site’s attempt to hold competition of drawing caricatures of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The petitioner Chaudhry Zulfiqar filed the petition on behalf of the Islamic Lawyers Movement.

He said that on Facebook, a competition was announced on April 20, which would run till May 20. In the competition, all of the members of the web-site were invited to draw their caricatures to participate in the competition. Chaudhry Zulfiqar said no practice, against the religion, could be allowed in the country. He pointed that the web-site, having various features against the injunctions of Islam, is already banned in various countries. China, United Arab Emirates, Iran and Saudi Arabia have imposed ban on the web-site, he maintained.

He said that in Pakistan, there are 45 million users of the said web-site and the PTA was responsible of spread of this network in Pakistan. The PTA has already blocked various web-sites in the country but why it was reluctant to ban Facebook in the country, he questioned.

The petitioner conveyed that the whole Muslim nation was highly concerned about the competition, which was carried out to hurt their religious feelings. He therefore prayed to the court to issue directions to PTA to put an immediate ban on the use of the web-site in the country

Who says you cannot insult Christianity in the same manner?

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please note the source of money that funded this so-called 'art' piece.

So if the US government allocated some money supposedly to promote artistic expressions and some of that money was spent on an 'artist' who created an expression that insulted Christians worldwide, pray tell WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity in the same manner? Whether you approve or not, when the Taliban blew up those old Buddhist statues, that is certainly 'taking a crack' at another religion, right? If you want to draw a line that you do not cross, make that line physical assaults on persons, then by all means be as offensive as you want at symbols. Mr. Andres Serrano did and he was not harmed in anyway.

Andres Serrano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Vatican did not send a 'hit squad' to take out Mr. Serrano. Or do you think the Papacy should have taken a Taliban-like attitude, especially when Serrano is a Catholic? So do tell the readers WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity?

As for the artist, shame on him,
We can't abuse Christianity because we believe Christ(P.B.U.H) is divine and we believe in his Prophet hood, and also surrahs from the Quran stop us from abusing people's deities.

We can't abuse Christianity because we believe Christ(P.B.U.H) is divine and we believe in his Prophet hood, and also surrahs from the Quran stop us from abusing people's deities.

we, we, we, us

You believe in all that, others don't.

muslims plz stop getting your panties in a bunch when ever somebody mentions the word Mohammad
you believe in Islam, good for you. Let god sort out the haters if you believe in all that.

All this complaining about people drawing offensive cartoons sounds kind of hypocritical when it comes from someone who has an Israeli flag with the Star of David replaced with a Swastika as his avatar.

I'm sure you'll have some reason/explanation for your avatar which would be offensive to many Jews.
So why do you expect others to behave differently when it comes to Islam? In their minds, they probably have an equally valid reason for drawing cartoons.

It used to be "Proud Pakistani", I put it there to protest the recent killing of two Palestinian youth.

we, we, we, us

You believe in all that, others don't.

muslims plz stop getting your panties in a bunch when ever somebody mentions the word Mohammad
you believe in Islam, good for you. Let god sort out the haters if you believe in all that.

Ignoring them is fine and well, but question is, will it stop them making those cartoons ? I believe it will encourage them, anyway, Facebook has been banned till 31st in Pakistan, long term ban is being considered and the matter is already before the court. I am content.............

Ignoring them is fine and well, but question is, will it stop them making those cartoons ? I believe it will encourage them, anyway, Facebook has been banned till 31st in Pakistan, long term ban is being considered and the matter is already before the court. I am content.............

are you serious????

lets say somebody has a disease. He loves to annoy people. Would he be encouraged if others show their annoyance or if they let it go?
you guys are hurting yourselves when you murder and scream b/c they insulted your religion. Remember van gogh? remeber the cartoons? If there is a god he will take care of things, no need to do his job.

The Quran also stops us from doing a lot of other things other than abusing other peoples religion. How are we muslims doing on that end? I think I have mentioned this before but what is 50% of our faith? Look around how we muslims live our everyday lives then we can go around preaching about saving our non practicing religion.

Dear Athiest,

If there is so much Freedom of Expression then why the hell HaloCaust debate is banned in ******* Europe.

Come on..........stop the old "freedom of expression"

Do you know yesterday I slept with your sister?

Do you like this "freedom of express"

No na...........then acknowledge it.

PS>> I respect your sister, it was just to demonstrate you limits of so called Freedom which is only for insulting Muslims, when it comes to jews then you say "oh these poor jews, respect their sentiments"

Go to hell.

Back
Top Bottom