What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Does not address the question: WHO is preventing any muslim from insulting Christianity?

Let me answer it this way Muslims adhere to their religious principles and values and they don't transgress the parameters like Christians just for the sake of fun or you can say freedom of speech, Muslims are supposed to respect all the prophets including Jesus, Americans can them selves mock Jesus in cartoons like family guy, Simpson's etc but Muslims can't, so if you ask me, we respect Jesus more than Christians. don't ask why? as its where the common sense prevails, right? as we don't go around calling our parents or elders by any obscene names(not sure about Americans though). I hope you got my point
I, as an independent free thinker, am that authority.

So are you saying whenever you feel like you start swearing at your neighbors, your siblings, your parents just because you think you gotta a mouth and you know how to mouth obscenity? :what:
Okay here is some thing go to some store and start swearing at the very first guy you see, let's see how he will react. in a word You have the right to extend your arm, but your right stops where my nose begins

Let me answer it this way Muslims adhere to their religious principles and values and they don't transgress the parameters like Christians just for the sake of fun or you can say freedom of speech, Muslims are supposed to respect all the prophets including Jesus, Americans can them selves mock Jesus in cartoons like family guy, Simpson's etc but Muslims can't, so if you ask me, we respect Jesus more than Christians. don't ask why? as its where the common sense prevails, right? as we don't go around calling our parents or elders by any obscene names(not sure about Americans though). I hope you got my point
Here is the complaint...

Kind of unfair though, we can't abuse their religion where as they can have a crack at ours any time they please.
Whenever anyone sees/hears this kind of complaint it is only natural that we wonder if there is an external compulsion that restraints the person. However, internal compulsions we understand as well. It is personal restraints based upon the moral codes I subscribed to that I do not vandalize my neighbor's house. If everyone in society have the same kind of personal restraint there would be no need to have any law -- external compulsion -- to say I should not vandalize my neighbor's house.

So what is the basis of this complaint? What is that external compulsion that restraints muslims from insulting other religions? Remember, the Taliban certainly insulted Buddhism when they blew up those old Buddhist statues. They felt a certain compulsion to do so. Whether you approve or not is not the point, which is that no one punished them for insulting Buddhism.

So are you saying whenever you feel like you start swearing at your neighbors, your siblings, your parents just because you think you gotta a mouth and you know how to mouth obscenity?
Yes.

Okay here is some thing go to some store and start swearing at the very first guy you see, let's see how he will react. in a word You have the right to extend your arm, but your right stops where my nose begins
If he physically assaulted me, it would be him who violated the rule you expressed. A verbal insult does not qualify.

They believe that they can hurt the sentiments of muslims in the name of "Freedom of Expression" and if someone passes a statement regarding avenging such action, they are immediately dubbed "Terrorists". These double standards have to be dealt with.

By saying "Taking a Crack at their religion" I was trying to reciprocate their gesture at them, i.e. Hurting the sentiments of a HUGE community to get even with a microscopic minority.

I was not planning to or am ever going to try such a shameful act.

All this complaining about people drawing offensive cartoons sounds kind of hypocritical when it comes from someone who has an Israeli flag with the Star of David replaced with a Swastika as his avatar.

I'm sure you'll have some reason/explanation for your avatar which would be offensive to many Jews.
So why do you expect others to behave differently when it comes to Islam? In their minds, they probably have an equally valid reason for drawing cartoons.

the Taliban certainly insulted Buddhism when they blew up those old Buddhist statues. They felt a certain compulsion to do so. Whether you approve or not is not the point, which is that no one punished them for insulting Buddhism.

Hi
So you think Taliban are loyal to their own religion?, i am from Pakistan i know the extent of the damages caused by their irrational & outrageous actions, they blow up mosques, the massacre people in mosques by firing indiscriminately i hope providing examples is not required, & about your statement they never got punished... I am shocked seriously.. does WOT ring any bells?

OMG! for sec there, you reminded me of my 5 year old nephew, anyways good for you & your shrink i guess

If he physically assaulted me, it would be him who violated the rule you expressed. A verbal insult does not qualify.
Are you sure you didn't attack his house first with bottle bombs? Not to mention you played a role in creating a monster and then you abandoned it because you didn't like it or most probably didn't need it any further, if Frankenstein wants to kill his creator you should know why

Hi
So you think Taliban are loyal to their own religion?, i am from Pakistan i know the extent of the damages caused by their irrational & outrageous actions, they blow up mosques, the massacre people in mosques by firing indiscriminately i hope providing examples is not required, & about your statement they never got punished... I am shocked seriously.. does WOT ring any bells?

OMG! for sec there, you reminded me of my 5 year old nephew, anyways good for you & your shrink i guess

Are you sure you didn't attack his house first with bottle bombs? Not to mention you played a role in creating a monster and then you abandoned it because you didn't like it or most probably didn't need it any further, if Frankenstein wants to kill his creator you should know why
Please address the complaint. Else perhaps we should consider YOU to be that five-yr old.

Not to mention you played a role in creating a monster and then you abandoned it because you didn't like it or most probably didn't need it any further, if Frankenstein wants to kill his creator you should know why

Shouldn't your logic also extend to the Taliban then?
We know who helped create them....

dont ban facebook this will give these people even more publicity. let them do what ever they want and go on with your lives banning things has never helped. think of all the things that the government of pakistan has banned over the past years. people will always find a way to get around it.

Please address the complaint. Else perhaps we should consider YOU to be that five-yr old.
Hi
Complaint was addressed properly, if you couldn't understand some part then ask again and be precise. BTW mimicking others words especially of those who are way younger than you, really shows how mature you are.

Hi
didn't i just clarify that, care to scroll up and read the first para...?
I did read the first paragraph. You condemn the Taliban as not being real Muslims and for attacking Pakistan.

But you go on to suggest that if one creates a Frankenstein, he shouldn't complain later if it turns against him.
My point being - isn't the Taliban Pakistan's Frankenstein gone wrong?
So according to you if Frankenstein wants to kill his creator you should know why....

Back
Top Bottom