What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Who says you cannot insult Christianity in the same manner?

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please note the source of money that funded this so-called 'art' piece.

So if the US government allocated some money supposedly to promote artistic expressions and some of that money was spent on an 'artist' who created an expression that insulted Christians worldwide, pray tell WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity in the same manner? Whether you approve or not, when the Taliban blew up those old Buddhist statues, that is certainly 'taking a crack' at another religion, right? If you want to draw a line that you do not cross, make that line physical assaults on persons, then by all means be as offensive as you want at symbols. Mr. Andres Serrano did and he was not harmed in anyway.

Andres Serrano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Vatican did not send a 'hit squad' to take out Mr. Serrano. Or do you think the Papacy should have taken a Taliban-like attitude, especially when Serrano is a Catholic? So do tell the readers WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity?

If some so called christian uses urine for the Prophet portrait it doesn't mean that Muslim should be bastard like Christan's to shut their mouth. I challenge you dare come to Pakistan and say one single word against Prophet Christ and you will see the reaction.

And last but not the least we respect every religion as our Prophet teach us based on Quran.

One more thing tell me who give you authority to make remarks on any one even prophets knowing the fact that even yourself is not perfect?

Why can't people understand Freedom of Expression?

Great statement ............but FOS & FOE is not un-fettered.( I can give you several examples but then you already know what I am talking about)
democracy & freedom confers & incurs rights & duties/responsibilities some of which are backed by decency, sense of fairness & principles of equity.

If you dont know that then whatever you yourself believe in is a Gaff!

These people should be eaten by Grey Wolves.
And besides that..
Eu getting dominated by islam already.
Next stop.. AMERICA!
While doin that.
expand to east and stuff.
however that aint needed.

ghazaliy2k
...Prophet Christ and you will see the reaction
Muslims Enforce Jesus Christ The Saviour as a Islamic Prophet.That itself is the biggest Blasphemy if Christians are Considered.But ,I am yet to find any reactions from Christians calling for Crusades(Aggression against Unbelievers) ,similar to Jeehad.Christanity(Catholcism,Orthodoxy) has evolved to tolerate unbelievers.

Some of the people on this forum are literally idiots, read the news posted by Zaki, only a single fan page of facebook is being banned while facebook itself will be available.

Let me reiterate this, FACEBOOK is not being banned, just the page in question.

oh :lol::lol::lol: did peoples think GoP banned Facebook? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No they just banned one page........... i shared this news couple of hours ago :rofl:

Thats only one page - but i won't mind if they ban all facebook - you learn nothing - only time waste

:pdf: is 1000 times better than Facebook

ghazaliy2k
Muslims Enforce Jesus Christ The Saviour as a Islamic Prophet.That itself is the biggest Blasphemy if Christians are Considered.But ,I am yet to find any reactions from Christians calling for Crusades(Aggression against Unbelievers) ,similar to Jeehad.Christanity(Catholcism,Orthodoxy) has evolved to tolerate unbelievers.
That's part of Islam.We respect all prophets including Jesus Christ.Anyway the bigtory is just mind blowing.If this is freedom of speech then i guess Alqaida ideology is also freedom of speech.Alqaida should be allowed to publish Jihadi stuff in NEws Papers..It seems that Europe like to go though a period of fascism and racism after few decades.BNP is on the rise in England (BNP is England's Equivalent of Nazi Party of Germany)

Who says you cannot insult Christianity in the same manner?

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.
Please note the source of money that funded this so-called 'art' piece.

So if the US government allocated some money supposedly to promote artistic expressions and some of that money was spent on an 'artist' who created an expression that insulted Christians worldwide, pray tell WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity in the same manner? Whether you approve or not, when the Taliban blew up those old Buddhist statues, that is certainly 'taking a crack' at another religion, right? If you want to draw a line that you do not cross, make that line physical assaults on persons, then by all means be as offensive as you want at symbols. Mr. Andres Serrano did and he was not harmed in anyway.

Andres Serrano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Serrano is from a half Honduran, half Afro-Cuban background and was raised a strict Roman Catholic.
The Vatican did not send a 'hit squad' to take out Mr. Serrano. Or do you think the Papacy should have taken a Taliban-like attitude, especially when Serrano is a Catholic? So do tell the readers WHO is preventing you from insulting Christianity?

We have nothing to do with Christianity they are your issues. Its fine for Christians or not, or they can take it easily or not, has got nothing to do with us.

If someone doesn't find it offensive doesn't mean that we won't too, neither it can be an excuse or justification for the aggression.

Christians din't react to that because they din't find it offensive but Muslims neither like it and nor tolerate such stuff and We are more concerned & sensitive to these issues than other people on the planet.

If someonehas sentiments and is sensitive to some issue then even his friends try to ignore commenting on that. its such a normal thing then y provoke anger among people on such a big scale !!

Or is it that Recession has replaced the meaning of Word Mega projects for the west with such stupid stunts.

If Christians are easy with it then make cartoons of Jesus and this even more related to you all, so go enjoy why mess with others !!

Its just like shoot people with a gun, kill them and later retaliate by saying that I have a right to do whatever I want with my Gun. :hitwall:

@ secular guy

Since you are talking about Jihad with no knowledge, then I should provide you with this link. About the reality of jihad.
And to satisfy you this documentary includes researchers on Islam who are both Muslim and Non-Muslim.

Here it is
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...ecrets-quran-history-channel-documentary.html

Asallam O Alaikum,

I am Hammad and very new to this Pakistani forum. I have visited this forum many times but never get registered. But today when i heard about FACEBOOK ban in Pakistan it was little surprising for me.
Only few things i like to say. i don't know either my fellows will like it or not.

First: If Pakistan Ban Facebook in Pakistan then it is very good. As we know they never took an action to remove those pages from Facebook. So it is the right time to Ban EVERY site in Pakistan that participate in such things.

Second: I read few threads saying that there will be effect on Facebook Traffic. No way. Why? Because 90% Pakistani use Facebook to communicate with friends or finding their mate, almost 3% for games, 5% for business relationships and 2% for protesting.
So Facebook will have no lose if Pakistani do not visit facebook.

Facebook has not quality traffic from Paksitan. Mostly Internet marketing companies will suffer but they always have an alternate.

So my vote goes to Ban entire Facebook and all these type of sites creating such pages and sketches.

May Allah Bless our Country Pakistan.

Warm Regards,
Hammad

When ever they try to make cartoons and stuff, more and more people convert in to Islam, they see the cartoons, they get curious that why are they making such things, they go deeper and study more about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and finds the truth and convert into Islam, one way they are helping us increase our population :azn:

What ever it would be F..book or facebook we are Pakistani and will use it because we are so sad to hear this news.. i am right......

But off the record i am so happy Pakistan did something good against these things in last few years.

If some so called christian uses urine for the Prophet portrait it doesn't mean that Muslim should be bastard like Christan's to shut their mouth. I challenge you dare come to Pakistan and say one single word against Prophet Christ and you will see the reaction.

And last but not the least we respect every religion as our Prophet teach us based on Quran.
Does not address the question: WHO is preventing any muslim from insulting Christianity?

One more thing tell me who give you authority to make remarks on any one even prophets knowing the fact that even yourself is not perfect?
I, as an independent free thinker, am that authority.

Back
Top Bottom