What's new

Pakistan's Hatf 9 promoted as a counter to India's Prahaar

Isn't the answer to Samson's riddle this time that " Pakistan was never supposed to match or exceed India in the conventional aspect because of the size and resources and hence developed nuclear weapons and kept building on that " ? Though , I agree Islamabad has failed to keep up the pace , in the last two decades .
I never implied that.
I meant that the level of conventional capability that Pakistan always maintained vis-a-vis/relative to India has decreased over the last two decades.

I never implied that.
I meant that the level of conventional capability that Pakistan always maintained vis-a-vis/relative to India has decreased over the last two decades.

Is there an academic/scholarly/research based proof or its just your own assumption?

well buddy thing

Well for one , there's no dream anywhere , its just the ground reality that you shy away from by envisioning victory in a " nuclear exchange " - a fallacy in itself , the ultimate weapon for the " worst case scenario " is the nuke - whether you like it or not and well it has worked at all times until now and this isn't changing in the forseeable future . The rest of your post like usual is half troll and half incoherent with whatever left filled with Pakistan Army is evil .

well brother there are many ways to fight a war and get your enemy into submission and this "CSD" was just a eyeflash to deviate your attentions from the real issues and it looks like india suceeded in it with flying colours:nana:

now as for your all mighty Haft-9 and devine al khaled , zararr tanks and gods gift to aviation JF17"for CAS role"....well brother ever thought what we have to counter it :azn:lolzz parhaar is a joke you dont have any idea of the real thing but still no harm in dreaming & living in denial & making conspiracy theories which is your nations national time pass :pop:...but my brother war is not a joke and y even your Top PA genrals know it :tsk:

the fact of the matter is Nasr is a reflection of pakistans policy to deal with the whole world for the last 66 years and that is "blackmailing whole world by putting a gun on your own head"..:haha:.hope u got the message sir :azn:
an i thought they were to send JF-17 to viky :lol:
i guess they forgot brahmos too!!

yet another pakistani "solution". Time-warped
NASR Missile - A Cold War Discard For Future Battlefield Scenario [Hatf-IX]
Islamic Republic of pakistan engaged in deploying a weapon for a scale of battle India has no intention of obliging it with, but one with the potential to imperil the West.

The IISS recently released its annual Strategic Survey for 2013. Receiving some attention is pakistan's military posturing, vis-à-vis India. Concerns primarily centre around its plans to introduce Tactical Nuclear Weapons, commanded by officers on the ground, low on seniority. Envisaged during the Cold War, this NATO concept lost favour with realisation of its futility as a deterrent1 & self-inflicted damage Europe would suffer2. The report states, "parts of pakistan's densely populated agricultural heartland could become a nuclear wasteland" [Also]. Disregarding Cold War lessons, pakistan spirals down the same trajectory, with its conjuring up of the Hatf-IX missile, aka NASR.

To gain better understanding, the ISSSP undertook a study of the Nasr, whose findings it published a few months back. Having taken a 360o view, it gains added significance in light of IISS' concerns.

PDF

As noted, pakistan's attempt to set the Rules of Engagement by calibrating its Nuclear pre-emption, using low-yield NASR, would be lost on India, both as Strategy & Science. Enunciated in its Nuclear Doctrine, avowing solely retaliatory measures, Indian response would be massive & disproportionate, existential3. Questionable also is the efficacy of thwarting any punitive Indian campaign, undertaken in response to a pakistani terrorist attack, using the Nasr. Citing pakistani work, they've shown the NASR to be of limited detriment to Indian formations4. Effective operation in a NBC environment has been a persistent focus of Indian planners, who'd envisaged pakistan going Nuclear on advancing Indian Armoured columns, using air-dropped bombs, as far back as the mid-80s. Thus, what pakistan announced recently, India had gamed almost 3 decades back.

Additionally, their report assumes that NASR's Plutonium warhead is of an untested indigenous design. Given the history of illegal China-pakistan Nuclear proliferation, arguments can be made regarding pakistan of being in receipt of tested designs. Backing this, is the ramp-up of its Plutonium production capability, by 300%, suggesting a level of confidence, that could come with testing.

While NASR would have influence, less than what pakistan hoped for, in India's calculus, its endangerment of the West is hard to ignore. Radicalisation among the rank & file of their military/citizenry increases probability of the missile getting pre-delegated to such personnel5. Under these circumstances, its foreseeable for an Islamist outfit to gain custody of it. Utilising the expertise of volunteers, adapt it to be used, at the very least as a Dirty Bomb against a traditional high-value target - the West, or its interests.

In final analysis, it can be said that while the Nasr is just another weapon pakistan can field against India, is the first nuclear device that Islamic terrorists have a high possibility of laying their hands on for use against the West.

Godspeed

Also Read: Saudi Arabia: Islam, Wahhabism, Terrorism, Democracy

Footnotes:

1=

"but if the Warsaw Pact responded with a Nuclear attack on a similar [or greater] scale, neither side would gain a significant military advantage as a direct consequence of using such nuclear weapons. Moreover, if the Warsaw Pact were able to resume its attack, given the advantages of numerically superior reinforcements & geographically shorter reinforcement routes, the advantage might well tilt further in favor of the East

the studies did suggest that the large-scale use of nuclear weapons against a massive Warsaw Pact attack in Europe was unlikely to produce a decisive military victory [and would also result in totally unacceptable levels of collateral damage, much of it on NATO territory]. This conclusion naturally did not find favor with a segment of Alliance opinion which wished to see greater stress put in military utility of TNW [Tactical Nuclear Weapons] arguing that preparedness for wide-scale use would have maximum deterrent effect. But it was difficult to contest the conclusions of the Phase I studies"

- Theater Nuclear Weapons and the NATO Strategy of Flexible Response by J. Michael Legge, RAND Corporation

- Battlefield Nuclear Weapons - Issues & Options

2= This predicament was cogently expressed by the Defence Advisor to Germany's then Chancellor, Helmut Kohl, Volker Ruehe, who observed, "the shorter the range, the deader the Germans.". This template of argument is equally applicable to pakistan, even more so, given its small geographical extent.

3=

Asked how India would respond if attacked with a nuclear weapon, he assured a packed news conference that "the perpetrator of that particular outrage shall be punished so severely that their continuation thereafter in any form of fray will be doubtful."

- A Blunt-Speaking General Says India Is Ready for War

"Tactical or strategic, it [NASR] is a nuclear weapon. So, obviously our response would be absolutely violent as per our existing policy. I don't think it is a game-changer"

- Pak n-arsenal no concern, violent response if attacked: Air Chief

4= A similar exercise undertaken by a well-regarded & influential American think-tank arrive at a much higher figure [page 133], with regards to the number of nuclear warheads needed to counteract a conventional Indian response, even beyond pakistan's present estimated arsenal strength, a figure, given its present rate of addition & state of economy, it isn't going to reach in a very long time.

5= Despite numerous pakistani voices repeatedly pleading the case of the safety of pakistan's nuclear arsenal, one can not but be compelled to repeat what senior Indian Diplomat Shyam Saran had pointedly asked, "Would it be possible to island an efficiently managed and sophisticated nuclear arsenal amidst an increasingly dysfunctional polity?"

"The arrest of Brig, Gen. Khan indicates, amongst other things, that HT has supporters even at the highest levels within the Pak army."

- The arrest of Brig. Gen. Ali Khan and the influence of Hizb-ut-Tahrir in Pakistan ~ Dr. Simon Ross Valentine

"[Hassan Abbas] pointed out an alarming trend that included Pakistani pilots refusing to bomb militant strongholds, and units surrendering to militant groups rather than fire on them. In a Wikileaks cable a Pakistani Air Vice-Marshal acknowledged in 2006 that extremism was rampant in the lower ranking officers of the country's air force and they were even sabotaging F-16s deployed for security operations along the Afghan border."

- Militants in Pakistan Military: Signs of Danger ~ Sajjad Ashraf

"Hizb ut-Tahrir has been having more success than we realized in its strategy of penetrating the government structures

Hizb ut-Tahrir works by recruiting within the institutions of the state -- the army, bureaucracy, politicians -- to eventually overthrow it from within"

- Pakistan Detains Four More Army Officers for Suspected Links to Militants

"It was shown several months ago that the Pakistan navy is vulnerable to Islamists when a marine commando unit official was arrested," the security official said. "He was a member of the Mehsud tribe from South Waziristan [tribal area] and was completely indoctrinated by militants......Now, they [intelligence] realize how the organization [navy] is riddled and vulnerable to the influence of militant organizations"

- Pakistan's military under al-Qaeda attack ~ Syed Saleem Shahzad

"The army chief-cum-president, who has enraged Islamists by working closely with the United States to crack down on Islamic militants, narrowly survived two assassination attempts on December 14 and Christmas Day as his motorcade travelled near his official army residence in Rawalpindi, next to Islamabad."

- Army, air force officers tried to kill me: Pakistan's Musharraf

"Pakistani military is set to launch the court-martial of a colonel and two ex-armed forces personnel on charges of spying, including leaking secrets of the Shamsi Air Force base to those planning to attack it, and inciting fellow soldiers to commit acts of terrorism"

- Pak Col among 3 to face court-martial for spying

The recent update to the forum software has turned it into a cool ajab gazab system. Copy-pastes everything, maintaining original formatting

an i thought they were to send JF-17 to viky :lol:
i guess they forgot brahmos too!!
well the story here is like this

india to pakistan = behave or else(geedar bhabki)

Pakistan;s response = oye chotte neuk layeen :bounce:.......:cheesy:

they think to there every problem there is onli one answer and thats = neuk india ...but the irony is they very well know they cant use neuk on indian mainland so they devised Nasr to neuk pakistani soil :rofl:...and that to "if ever india goes ahead to teach them a lesson" ...but the thing is why should we attack a lawless and already plundered to bone country ...hamare paas koi bhooke nango ki kami hai to hum ek aur ka jimma len ...sochne wali baat hai kyon :azn:

Well for one , there's no dream anywhere , its just the ground reality that you shy away from by envisioning victory in a " nuclear exchange " - a fallacy in itself , the ultimate weapon for the " worst case scenario " is the nuke - whether you like it or not and well it has worked at all times until now and this isn't changing in the forseeable future . The rest of your post like usual is half troll and half incoherent with whatever left filled with Pakistan Army is evil .
well i guess your right that india has shown restraint till now over the contenous irrtation caused by your greedy , illogical and self destructive policies but that dosent means we have stopped owr work to "teach pakistan a lesson" and as some one said once ....there are many ways to destroy your enemy and its resolve to fight you and trust me my pakistani friend ...we are evil/cunning banya hindoos for no reason ...bakee lage raho :enjoy:

@GURU DUTT You underestimate the enemy and start to overestimate yourself . Pakistan is going nowhere much to your disdain . What restraint ? :what: Never mistake inability for restraint . It may be good for you to try to rationalize the truth but this isn't the reality . India isn't held back by some imagined love for Pakistan but by the consequences of starting a war . As for the rest , its again the usual , repeated in every thread . Dont you get bored pretending that you somehow care for my country ?

@GURU DUTT Never mistake inability for restraint . It may be good for you to try to rationalize the truth but this isn't the reality . India isn't held back by some imagined love for Pakistan but by the consequences of starting a war . As for the rest , its again the usual . Dont you get bored pretending that you care for my country ?
well brother its not inabilty but its more to do with consequences of war and war is the cause of all problems not the solution now as for care for pakistan well the hard fact is pakistan has got onli a "neusence value" than anything else and that applies not onli for indians but for west and your all other so called "friends" its onli your strategick location as the doorman of passage to afghanistan and beyond that has still keeping you alive (with help of west & china) but now there will in very near future a differnet and much much cheaper and scure alternative route (chabbar port of iran to afghanistan and beyond) so my freind good luck till your life line is alive it will be intersting to see how will west , china nad india & not to forget your birader islamik nations on your west and north will treat you after that till then :cheers:

@Ankit_Pujari The same has been posted and refuted here a number of times . Some suspected militant links have nothing to do with battlefield nuke , your blogs have to come a long way before they can understand these complex things without relying on dozen news links from different source to make sense of something and twist things up to support their radical theory .

@GURU DUTT One wonders where do you get such delusions . Pakistan's existence is not dependent on its friends help or its strategic location . You never deal with countries based on some supposed nuisance value . Reminds me of the same statement given after we got independence that " Pakistan will not survive beyond me a couple months and beg for accession again " . Find out who was that politician of Congress . I see your entire post based on the same old Indian mindset . There's no hidden love for Pakistan as you are trying to imply , you know little of mood in India during Op.Parakram however no one dared to cross the border , the deterrence must have been strong right ? You might as well start using a spell checker .

Last edited:
@Ankit_Pujari The same has been posted and refuted here a number of times . Some suspected militant links have nothing to do with battlefield nuke , your blogs have to come a long way before they can understand these complex things without relying on dozen news links from different source to make sense of something and twist things up to support their radical theory .

@GURU DUTT One wonders where do you get such delusions . Pakistan's existence is not dependent on its friends help or its strategic location . You never deal with countries based on some supposed nuisance value . Reminds me of the same statement given after we got independence that " Pakistan will not survive beyond me a couple months and beg for accession again " . Find out who was that politician of Congress . I see your entire post based on the same old Indian mindset . There's no hidden love for Pakistan as you are trying to imply , you know little of mood in India during Op.Parakram however no one dared to cross the border , the deterrence must have been strong right ? You might as well start using a spell checker .
well brother im an indian and very well know about what was mood here during kargil ...on a personal note i lost my best buddy Captain Amit Verma during kargil so we know how we felt then and will never do what ABV did for you he was the last indian to do it now things are very differnet and will get even bad for you in near future gear up to brace it . and now as for the topic of thread Nasr is not like "davids sling" as many pakistanies dream it to be rather and admission of defeat on part of your establishment as it seas it as last chance wepon to stop indian CSD by neuking its own country ....now whos desparate :azn:

@GURU DUTT Yes , exactly it sees it as " last resort " weapons , not something that will be used at the drop of a hat , the common believe amongst Indians. An army prepares for all types of scenarios incl the worst case ones , it is neither admission of defeat nor desperation of any sort , it appears that you dont even understand what you yourself said about " last chance " . Otherwise the same logic can be used for the Indian military buildup against Chinese .

Not again ! No , there's no doomsday coming and I am getting bored with Pakistan is doomed deadlines and theories . Obviously you spend a lot of time on Bharat Rakshak and watch Indian media a lot . I can assure that " that work of fiction " is not true . You dont even know that Op Parakram happened in 01-02 , not during Kargil and you are here making little predictions about my country in every post . Somehow Afghanistan became peaceful and secure in your second last post so well I am not surprised about who am I talking with - a fanboy .

Last edited:
well the story here is like this

india to pakistan = behave or else(geedar bhabki)

Pakistan;s response = oye chotte neuk layeen :bounce:.......:cheesy:

they think to there every problem there is onli one answer and thats = neuk india ...but the irony is they very well know they cant use neuk on indian mainland so they devised Nasr to neuk pakistani soil :rofl:...and that to "if ever india goes ahead to teach them a lesson" ...but the thing is why should we attack a lawless and already plundered to bone country ...hamare paas koi bhooke nango ki kami hai to hum ek aur ka jimma len ...sochne wali baat hai kyon :azn:
till now what i hav read on this forum...
indian navy attacks.....jf17s are enough
indian airforce attacks then also j17 is enough
indian army attacks then nasar enough!!
are bhaia hum choodian phn k hamla nai krenge :rofl:
nd droping a nuke over their own land means the will loose that piece of land forever..+ the civilian nd military poulation

abi amritsar se hi brahmos fire kro to pta hai na khn tak phunchegi :D ..submarine se k15 launch kro to?? pta b ni chlega..bas awaz aegi boom
they always show that they have 150+ jf17s 40-60 f 16 nassar ..nd bla bla
but ye sab khn lgaoge IAF k peeche k IN k peeche k IA k peeche :lol:
nd ye to aese soch k baithe hai k sukhoi missile ni chodta..bas udd k drata hai :lol:
btw Afganistan AR Iranborder ko khali chodna pasand ni kroge..u knw y ;)
nd what about chaos in their own country which already exists :azn:

Back
Top Bottom