What's new

Pakistan's first indigenous armed drone "BURAQ" kills 3 militants in Shawal: ISPR

Every gdamn thread. Guys please:
Screenshot_2015-09-07-21-59-32-1.png

Yes it's a third in world as per GDP PPP.What about your country and in which state your country lyes on above parameters?

So in that case ,what i have to tell your country ?
:lol: dude don't get offended but what is the GDP per capita of "first world country" India? Gdp per capita shows the living standard of a country :-)

Infact they are same platforms ... we have to see inside the stuff to judge ... from the outside it's 100% imported ( assembled / license production ) !
And you would certainly mind if said the same about iranian stuff being copied from israelis... btw curious, why the provoking comment mate? i though you'd congrats us or not bother at all? what's the biggie here?

What matters is the Pakistan now has the demonstrated ability to use killer drones in the battlefield. Where the technology came from is unimportant.

Yes ... you can use this platform for the future indigenous designs ... make it larger !

And you would certainly mind if said the same about iranian stuff being copied from israelis... btw curious, why the provoking comment mate? i though you'd congrats us or not bother at all? what's the biggie here?

Brother ... don't take me wrong !

Burraq & CH-3 look 100% the same !!!

I am telling the truth ... this is a clear truth ... & nothing to shame !

Our drones have differences in their look & size ... etc

Ok ... for the fair judge , please show me the difference between burraq & CH-3 !

Expect an article against drone warfare in Washington post soon :lol:
Just seen one of their journalists's twitter feed. he is having lose motions about Pakistan using drones on "Own soil".
Its ok for USA to use drones on "Foreign soil" but when Pakistan uses own drone on own soil , Washington post has a problem with that.

Same as Indian army doesnt release videos of their clashes with Maoists or Kashmiri freedom fighters.
Pakistan does not release videos of these operations.

Can you share that tweet? Thanks.

@FunkyGen

Brother this is very good to see armed drones in pakistans army ... congratz for that ...

But my point is something else ...

what is your idea ?

@FunkyGen

Brother this is very good to see armed drones in pakistans army ... congratz for that ...

what is your idea ?
SOHEIL, from what I know you are right.

Here is my take on this (I do have friends in AWC and NDC that have told me this but obviously I don't know how true it is. But its a story. How credible, you guys decide).

So like our ballistic missile programs (Ghauri and Shaheen), our drone program was ALSO being done in two places that were competing. One competitor is AWC with their Shahpar (GIDS is just a front for NESCOM). From what I know the Shahpar is an indigenous design (however indigenous it can be with this layout).

The NDC has their Burraq which is a license production of the CH-3. This turned out to be the faster approach (obviously) and hence you saw it suddenly appear, be tested and be operationalized. On the other hand we have been seeing the shahpar for a long time and it hasn't seen much action (a squadron was inducted this year though) and IS NOT armed.

So in this race of sorts the burraq won. BUT I hear AWC is working on a Shahpar-II (Yes you heard it first here) which is supposed to be larger in size than the Shahpar, have a hump like a predator (ie a satellite link) and be armed.

I hope this narrative satisfies a lot of you. Please don't ask for sources or links because I have none :)

Yaa that's why china is a 3rd world country and Greece is a 1st world country according gdp per capita.Do you want to say any more...
This is about a drone not GDP. You're in the wrong thread

t
Infact they are same platforms ... we have to see inside the stuff to judge ... from the outside it's 100% imported ( assembled / license production ) !

Targeting System: (Indigenous system / non-Chinese)
http://www.gids.com.pk/defence-english.pdf (page 13)
Burraq UCAV information pool | Page 3

Engines: ROTAX (Imported but non-Chinese)

Rotax Aircraft Engines - 912 (100hp) Description

Guidance & Tracking: Modified system based on RABTA Automation sys (Indigenous system / non-Chinese)

http://www.gids.com.pk/defence-english.pdf (page 44)

Here is my take on this (I do have friends in AWC and NDC that have told me this but obviously I don't know how true it is. But its a story. How credible, you guys decide).

So like our ballistic missile programs (Ghauri and Shaheen), our drone program was ALSO being done in two places that were competing. One competitor is AWC with their Shahpar (GIDS is just a front for NESCOM). From what I know the Shahpar is an indigenous design (however indigenous it can be with this layout).

The NDC has their Burraq which is a license production of the CH-3. This turned out to be the faster approach (obviously) and hence you saw it suddenly appear, be tested and be operationalized. On the other hand we have been seeing the shahpar for a long time and it hasn't seen much action (a squadron was inducted this year though) and IS NOT armed.

So in this race of sorts the burraq won. BUT I hear AWC is working on a Shahpar-II (Yes you heard it first here) which is supposed to be larger in size than the Shahpar, have a hump like a predator (ie a satellite link) and be armed.

I hope this narrative satisfies a lot of you. Please don't ask for sources or links because I have none :)

Thanks for the information bro ...

@FunkyGen

what is your idea ?

Actually NESCOM does has a complete indigenous design,though i am not sure whether it is still in development or dropped in favour of burraq but they chose CH-3 variant based UCAV because

*To deploy it as early as possible because we frequently conduct airstrikes against militants with F-16 and it cost much more compared to drone
*Lack of funds would have made the project to take more than a decade

i am just adding a little info. they were working on arming Burraq for approximately 11 years means it work started in 2004 something.

test post

Targeting System: (Indigenous system / non-Chinese)
http://www.gids.com.pk/defence-english.pdf (page 13)
Burraq UCAV information pool | Page 3

Engines: ROTAX (Imported but non-Chinese)

Rotax Aircraft Engines - 912 (100hp) Description

Guidance & Tracking: Modified system based on RABTA Automation sys (Indigenous system / non-Chinese)

http://www.gids.com.pk/defence-english.pdf (page 44)

So you have the basis for developing a better UCAV !

In the first place you have to enlarge the airframe ...

shift to rotax 914 ...

Add retractable landing gears ...

guess what ... 4 missiles instead of 2 !

longer endurance ...

This is exactly what we did ...

1.png

2.png

3.png

As you see here ^^^ we made it larger & larger step by step !

And >>>

36145_546.JPG

& this is not the end !!!

Next step is 50000 & 60000 feet !!!

If you respect the bright ideas of your engineers & talented people , we can expect a HALE jet powered pakistani drone in 2020s !

Back
Top Bottom