What's new

Pakistan's first indigenous armed drone "BURAQ" kills 3 militants in Shawal: ISPR

So you have the basis for developing a better UCAV !

In the first place you have to enlarge the airframe ...

shift to rotax 914 ...

Add retractable landing gears ...

guess what ... 4 missiles instead of 2 !

longer endurance ...

This is exactly what we did ...

View attachment 254668

View attachment 254669

View attachment 254670

As you see here ^^^ we made it larger & larger step by step !

And >>>

View attachment 254671

& this is not the end !!!

Next step is 50000 & 60000 feet !!!

If you respect the bright ideas of your engineers & talented people , we can expect a HALE jet powered pakistani drone in 2020s !

We have the technological base to shift to advance systems but the basic issue is 'fcuking $$$' secondary thing is this puppy is enough for our 'current need' ....so we will not go for any other advance system for time being ...

building command structure, Pilot training and tactics, writing rules of engagement, setting up authorization/approval chain, setting up communication lines and much more. This takes time. You just don't let a pilot fly a drone remotely and fire at his own will.

Wait a minute..
The first test was in March 2015.
Why the first kill in September ?
Why was it not bring used straight away
!

Congrats and Godspeed to your drones .

May their missiles fly and fly so F-ing Kick AS$ .

Rest in hell BTW .

Dear Sir, you are very respected senior Pakistani member and I was not expecting this from you.
Any way first of all IAF is not a circus airforce to showoff there aerobatic skills on the sky for the general public consumption and Indian armed force just showcase their capability not the might if you are comparing with the chinese or the former soviet grand parade. Technically India don't allow single engine fighter plane to fly past for the safety reason you understand what I means. Wearing helmet while driving bike is for the safety purpose and does not means he is scarred as compared to the person driving without helmet.

1 All these displays are meant for the public consumption to clap.

2. Many members here believed that wikipedia is not a good reliable source but the link of the Nescom Burraq of wikipedia pls have a look

Overview
Development
Main article: Drone Attacks on Pakistan by the United States of America
Since 2004, the United States (US) has been conducting controversial strikes with its own UCAV systems in Pakistan's north-west territories, that target suspected militants in the region.[6] For years, Pakistan had been pushing the US to allow it to acquire the MQ-1 Predator, the main UCAV system the US uses in the strikes, but such requests were denied amid fear of technology proliferation.[7] Burraq development is though to have primarily begun in 2009, with the contract being awarded to NESCOM in close coordination with the Pakistan Air Force.[1]

Growing frustration over the US refusal and politicization of the US UCAV strikes in the country, the Burraq program is thought to have picked up its speed in secrecy.[8] In 2012, China offered to help by selling Pakistan armed drones it had developed, but questions were raised about the capabilities of the drones.[8] The first few models of the Burraq were only capable of surveillance and intelligence gathering, and lacked any offensive combat capability. Some of these early models were used by the Pakistani military to track down militants. The first combat capable version of the Burraq was first publicly demonstrated in March 2015.[7]

The Burraq is thought to be mostly influenced by the US Predator and the Chinese CASC Rainbow CH-3.

About the Burraq program, Popular Science noted: "with the Burraq, Pakistan can now do drone strikes on their own, without the United States."[9] However Jane's claims that the origin of the UAV and missile is questionable.[10]

Origin of name
The name, Burraq, comes from the legendary creature mentioned in al-Isra, (sura) in the Qur'an.[11] According to Islamic traditions, Buraq is a steed, described as a creature from the heavens which carried Muhammad from Mecca to Jerusalem, and back during the Isra and Mi'raj (lit. "Night Journey"), which is the title of one of the chapters al-Isra, (sura) in the Qur'an.[12]

Use in military operations
Main article: Operation Khyber-1
Before the Burraq was publicly unveiled for the first time, the Pakistani military reportedly conducted several strikes using the UCAV, as part of Operation Khyber-1 military operations in the Tirah Valley.[13]

But I could not make anything from this.

A simple observation of picture tells me its just chinese CH-3 which is licensed produced. If you differ with this pls give some valid points or show me pakistan possess the capability to develop such system inhouse.
can't agree with you bro. You see J-7 was mig-21 copy and J-11 was licensed produced su-27, but each evolved into very different series from the original. You can't say that J-11B with chinese fuselage, chinese engines, chinese avionics, chinese weapon system is just a paint job of su-27. Resemblance of airframe doesn't mean that Burraq is exactly the same with CH-3.

Actually NESCOM does has a complete indigenous design,though i am not sure whether it is still in development or dropped in favour of burraq but they chose CH-3 variant based UCAV because

*To deploy it as early as possible because we frequently conduct airstrikes against militants with F-16 and it cost much more compared to drone
*Lack of funds would have made the project to take more than a decade
Yes, please see my previous post. NESCOM is big, everything's NESCOM. AWC is indeed working on the shahpar-II still. Burraq is a parallel project running under NDC.

i am just adding a little info. they were working on arming Burraq for approximately 11 years means it work started in 2004 something.
11 years? I am unaware of us working on the Burraq for 11 years. Drones, perhaps, Burraq, I'm not sure. Can you please clarify what you are saying?

can't agree with you bro. You see J-7 was mig-21 copy and J-11 was licensed produced su-27, but each evolved into very different series from the original. You can't say that J-11B with chinese fuselage, chinese engines, chinese avionics, chinese weapon system is just a paint job of su-27. Resemblance of airframe doesn't mean that Burraq is exactly the same with CH-3.

o_O

Had to happen someday. Good going PA. This also signifies completion of training and FOC for the armed drone squadron. anyone knows the squadron name?

@ mods can you show your presence by kicking some troll butts?

SOHEIL, from what I know you are right.

Here is my take on this (I do have friends in AWC and NDC that have told me this but obviously I don't know how true it is. But its a story. How credible, you guys decide).

So like our ballistic missile programs (Ghauri and Shaheen), our drone program was ALSO being done in two places that were competing. One competitor is AWC with their Shahpar (GIDS is just a front for NESCOM). Fr
Your story;s basis falls apart at GIDS. It is not a front for NESCOM even if they work closely at times. GIDS is a private venture of a gentleman who has done well(even if at times his designs refuse to fly).

There was "competition" so to say on the initial missile program(but now KRL is no longer an independent entity as such).. but lesser on the UAV systems. Just a combination of Enterprising former officers and other individuals who started the program to cater to a growing UAV requirement since the early 90's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom