What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

I think congrats are in order.:bunny: even though the deal is not finalised :D
Nothing is sure yet. I hope for Nora to win, because it would be a great success for Serbian defence industry, but what will Pakistan choose at the end, is yet to be seen.

Nothing is sure yet. I hope for Nora to win, because it would be a great success for Serbian defence industry, but what will Pakistan choose at the end, is yet to be seen.
Pakistan could also be interested in the Lazar and/or MILOSH. I'm not sure about single sourcing a massive order, but various armed forces and interior ministry branches have recurring requirements for such vehicles.

Pakistan could also be interested in the Lazar and/or MILOSH. I'm not sure about single sourcing a massive order, but various armed forces and interior ministry branches have recurring requirements for such vehicles.

What i also heard (this is not confirmed information) is that Pakistan is cooperating with EdePro, to modernize 122mm rockets for Grad up to G2000 standard. This basically means replacement of rocket engine with the new one, which alows the missile to fly up to 40 km.

Last edited:
Never trust our visits on boots. As for trials they are still taking place and we are not even close on deciding which one to go. Secondly that Missile is good thing. Pakistan needs more MRLS at least 3 new MRLs of various range are needed. Serbia is also showing some good Anti Tank Weapons.
The need for self propelled guns is becoming more and more critical. Both Denel and Nora are good platforms i hope a decision is made soon enough. MRLS are always a welcome addition of course.

The evolution of Nora is remarkable from what it was to its current form. It's in the league of Denel G6 which is saying something!

Lazar was tested and I don't think Army liked it. So now either Serbia has made some massive improvements or something else is going on. By the way why Pakistan doesn't go for wheeled APC mostly ? We always prefer tracked ones. I can understand about love for tracked APC in desert but why on plains of Punjab ?

The need for self propelled guns is becoming more and more critical. Both Denel and Nora are good platforms i hope a decision is made soon enough. MRLS are always a welcome addition of course.

The evolution of Nora is remarkable from what it was to its current form. It's in the league of Denel G6 which is saying something!
We are quite sufficient in SP even now and yes Truck Mounted will be a great addition but I am worried about the towed ones specially 155 MM category. Many countries are coming up with 105 MM and 120 MM Artillery Guns and they are light weight but still not much options are available when it comes to 155 MM Artillery Guns.

Lazar was tested and I don't think Army liked it. So now either Serbia has made some massive improvements or something else is going on. By the way why Pakistan doesn't go for wheeled APC mostly ? We always prefer tracked ones. I can understand about love for tracked APC in desert but why on plains of Punjab ?

We are quite sufficient in SP even now and yes Truck Mounted will be a great addition but I am worried about the towed ones specially 155 MM category. Many countries are coming up with 105 MM and 120 MM Artillery Guns and they are light weight but still not much options are available when it comes to 155 MM Artillery Guns.
The Army tested the Lazar 2, there's now an improved variant in the Lazar 3. But beside that, Serbia recently revealed the MILOSH general purpose armoured vehicle, which might be something the MoD or Interior Ministry could look at to replace their older armoured vehicle platforms.

Wheeled AFVs are probably being sought for the plains of Punjab (as you said) and to utilize Pakistan's increasingly pervasive road network.

I'm not sure how far along Pakistan's east-facing road-networks are, but it seems the west-facing and north-south roads are major. Wheeled AFVs will enable the Army to move infantry, light offensive power (e.g. 105 mm guns attached to AFVs), etc, in these areas.

Besides looking at foreign options, we also have Blitzkrieg Defence Solutions working on the Hamza MCV. It is essentially a mine-resistant 8x8 AFV. Shouldn't be difficult to re-use the chassis for a typical 8x8 AFV.

What i also heard (this is not confirmed information) is that Pakistan is cooperating with EdePro, to modernize 122mm rockets for Grad up to G2000 standard. This basically means replacement of rocket engine with the new one, which alows the missile to fly up to 40 km.
Pakistan was already modernizing 122mm with GIDS one ... which can go utpo 45 km

Maybe PA is looking for carrier and system replacement

By the way has Pakistan showed any interest in your future soldier program ?
vb10_4.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly having 100-1000 of these units handly along side Afghan (Rouge) region areas , to come out of Barracks unload their furry , if suspected camps are found in Afghan (Rouge) regions

Afghan Rough Regions (ARR)

These can go in DEEP STRIKE , with Gunship support and come back at 12 for lunch at home after mission is completed or just maintain their Won over territories / positions
3l-image.jpg

Pakistan was already modernizing 122mm with GIDS one ... which can go utpo 45 km

Maybe PA is looking for carrier and system replacement

this is what actually I was also wondering as G-2000 does not offer any additional range over the existing system in PA .... but below attached pic indicate that this system was at least discussed even for sake of getting information ...
IDEX-2017 Chairman POF.jpg

Most of the 155 guns are old with the exception of Panter if it was adopted! Need for new 155mm will become urgent that is for sure.

i want to ask.
why army phased out m1 browning
Ok ask.
But please do that in a relevant thread. :)

BTW, are you talking about M1919?i guess you wanted to say M2 and also that you wanted to ask this AFTER:
One thing i never quite understood, Why did PA drop the M2 Browning and adopt DShK?

Lets take the discussion to some relevant thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom