What's new

Pakistan's allegedly Vindictive Judges' Relentless Pursuit of Musharraf

I'm sure in ZAB's time people also must be saying let the law take its course... Karte karte, banda pharka dia. 30 years later now everyone agrees he was wrongfully killed, even though three Supreme Court judges (who later became CJPs) gave the verdict. In this case, so far a high court judge, an anti-terrorism court judge and a magistrate has been involved.

Best explanation for what is going on with Musharraf is that Public is fed up and does not want another Dictator, they much arther an example is made out of Musharraf to curtail future adventurism. It is quite telling that you are residing in US a fully established democratic society and yet for your countrymen you favor the worst scum in shape of dictators. You should change the name of your blog to 'Zia ul Haq's Musings' :coffee:

Phir at least yeh drama na karo ke its lawful what's happening, its revenge.

Just go and shoot him then. Kisko bewakoof bana rahay ho courts ka rukh karke?

I'm sure in ZAB's time people also must be saying let the law take its course... Karte karte, banda pharka dia. 30 years later now everyone agrees he was wrongfully killed, even though three Supreme Court judges (who later became CJPs) gave the verdict. In this case, so far a high court judge, an anti-terrorism court judge and a magistrate has been involved.

Phir at least yeh drama na karo ke its lawful what's happening, its revenge.

Just go and shoot him then. Kisko bewakoof bana rahay ho courts ka rukh karke?

If it was upto me I would have brought Article 6 against the whole gang of thugs who supported military coup. I would strongly suggest that 111 Brigade be transferred en masse to Waziristan, their professional capabilities have been waned by 'call of duty' operations on PM house, PTV and Radio Pakistan.

Courts are within their limits and jurisdiction (I know these terms can be hard for dictator apologists). Every case against PPP govt was criticized but when detailed verdict came the same people agreed that verdict was correct.

This is what the Mughal Wars of Succession were like back in the days. All possible claimants to the throne were killed mercilessly. We have not evolved from those days it seems.

Actually we have.....If Musharaff had done what you have alleged, then we wouldnt be discussing him being victimized at the hands of these black sheeps.

If it was upto me I would have brought Article 6 against the whole gang of thugs who supported military coup. Courts are within their limits and jurisdiction (I know these terms can be hard for dictator apologists). Every case against PPP govt was criticized but when detailed verdict came the same people agreed that verdict was correct.

The contempt of court case was straight forward that's why it wasn't critiqued. The real test of the judiciary's impartiality is with Musharraf, someone they had locked horns with before.

This is what the Mughal Wars of Succession were like back in the days. All possible claimants to the throne were killed mercilessly. We have not evolved from those days it seems.

PMLN did evolve thats why it is being punished.

If they're going to hang Musharraf, then Zardari, Nawaz, Altaf, and everyone else should be punished as well.
Musharraf took over the government, because of the incompetency of Nawaz and co.
He handled everything like a leader and faced everything like a true leader.
I lived in Pakistan under his presidency. The people in my street would sleep outside during summer nights in Karachi, but when the Devil took over, all of us had to double the height of our walls!!
We had to move out to Canada!

If they're going to hang Musharraf, then Zardari, Nawaz, Altaf, and everyone else should be punished as well.
Musharraf took over the government, because of the incompetency of Nawaz and co.
He handled everything like a leader and faced everything like a true leader.
I lived in Pakistan under his presidency. The people in my street would sleep outside during summer nights in Karachi, but when the Devil took over, all of us had to double the height of our walls!!
We had to move out to Canada!

You lost me at 'faced everything as a true leader'. He compromised the sovereignty of Pakistan by allowing US drones then lied to the whole nation for 10 long years that he did not allow any drones. He gave USA bases and kept the country in dark.

For DHA residing population, every democratic leader is a devil.

The contempt of court case was straight forward that's why it wasn't critiqued. The real test of the judiciary's impartiality is with Musharraf, someone they had locked horns with before.

My dear its not a dictatorship - laws will not be mended to suit your fancy definitions of whats legal and whats illegal.

Here's an excerpt of a Nation newspaper story on the lawyers and judges involved in Musharraf's cases:

On issue of Lal Mosque operation, Qureshi said the Judicial Commission on Lal Mosque had endorsed their viewpoint that 102 casualties occurred during the operation though family of Maulana Abdul Aziz, former chief cleric of the mosque, had been claiming hundred of deaths. “And among them, 11 were army officials who were killed with shots of sniper rifles and no one can do it without trained terrorists,” he said. He said people would also know how Nawab Akbar Bugti was killed.
Information Secretary APML, Asia Ishaq on the occasion said that Musharraf was being subjected with judicial terrorism and was a victim. “The credentials of IHC (Islamabad High Court) Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddique, who rejected bail of Musharraf, are extremely suspicious as he had been the counsel of Maulana Abdul Aziz and Rana Faqir, an accused of two suicide attacks on Musharraf. Moreover, Justice Siddique had also been a counsel in missing persons case in 2007 against Pakistan army,” she informed. He was also a contestant in NA-54 on Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) ticket and also represented different terrorists in cases and was made judge, she deplored. “We have the right to go to the Supreme Court,” she said, adding that ATC (anti-terrorism court) Judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi was the brother of Capt (Retd) Mansur Zaidi who was court-martialled by Musharraf.
Dr Amjad warned the lawyers, what he called them 111 brigade, to abstain from using tactics of violence against the workers of his party during former President’s appearance in different courts and especially on Tuesday during Musharraf’s appearance in a Rawalpindi court in connection with trial of Benazir Bhutto case. “We condemn action of lawyers and protest this,” he added. He said that lawyers wanted to make Musharraf vulnerable to security threats because former President Islamabad High Court Bar Association (IHCBA) Ashraf Gujjar had filed an application before the court to send him to Adiala Jail. The lawyers are humiliating Musharraf and it is not the humiliation of a single person or former chief of army staff (COAS) but an institution as well....

No revolt likely in army on Mush issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Coup is no crime? Abrogating constitution is no crime? His era was cosmetically better then democratic era, he never touched the bigger issues. The anger you see today in Baluchistan and KPK is the outcome of a system where people become sure that there voices will never be heard (no Democracy) and thus choose violent means. Pakistan's biggest failure till today has been its inability to rein in its Army. The ONLY thing I wish we would have learned from Indians.
Who advised Nawaz Sharif to prevent Musharraf's plane from landing on Pakistani soil?

This idiotic decision triggered the coup in the first place. Get your facts straight.

Who advised Nawaz Sharif to prevent Musharraf's plane from landing on Pakistani soil?

This idiotic decision triggered the coup in the first place. Get your facts straight.

The real reason for the coup was Nawaz Sharif decision to exercise his authority as Prime Minister to appoint Gen Ziauddin Butt as the COAS when Gen Musharraf was abroad. The airplane incident was one of the results of the power struggle that followed, not the cause of the coup.

The real reason for the coup was Nawaz Sharif decision to exercise his authority as Prime Minister to appoint Gen Ziauddin Butt as the COAS when Gen Musharraf was abroad. The airplane incident was one of the results of the power struggle that followed, not the cause of the coup.
Well, the airplane incident fueled the coup. Musharraf's life was at stake; no wonder he acted.

Also, Gen Ziauddin was not qualified for COAS position. He had engineer corps background.

Well, the airplane incident fueled the coup. Musharraf's life was at stake; no wonder he acted.

Also, Gen Ziauddin was not qualified for COAS position. He had engineer corps background.

It was not Musharraf who acted; It was the generals on the ground who did to ensure safe landing of the plane which also carried hundreds of other passengers.

Whether Gen Butt was qualified or not is a decision for the Prime Minister to take.

It was not Musharraf who acted; It was the generals on the ground who did to ensure safe landing of the plane which also carried hundreds of other passengers.

Hundreds of passengers which never came forward the court or any TV channels. The black box of that plane promised to be made public by Mushy but lost in translation. I do agree that those generals on ground are also criminals who should face article six.

Whether Gen Butt was qualified or not is a decision for the Prime Minister to take.

PA thinks PM (elected by bloody civilians) is incapable of making the decision. Mind t Mr. Riaz himself enjoys his life in a fully democratic society but get his kicks from preaching the merits of Martial law to Pakistanis.

Hundreds of passengers which never came forward the court or any TV channels. The black box of that plane promised to be made public by Mushy but lost in translation. I do agree that those generals on ground are also criminals who should face article six.

PA thinks PM (elected by bloody civilians) is incapable of making the decision. Mind t Mr. Riaz himself enjoys his life in a fully democratic society but get his kicks from preaching the merits of Martial law to Pakistanis.

Let's remember what the high treason act of Pakistan says : “No court shall take cognizance of an offense punishable under this act except upon a complaint in writing made by a person authorized by the Federal Government in this behalf.”

Article 6 can only be invoked by federal government which refused to do so.

And if it's ever invoked, it'll be invoked against the judges as well who aided and abetted the 1999 coup.

Haq's Musings: Is High Treason Trial of Pervez Musharraf Justified?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom