What's new

Pakistan's allegedly Vindictive Judges' Relentless Pursuit of Musharraf

Publishing lists? Is that enough?

Let me give me you a few examples of who is considered "qualified" by ECP and Pakistan's bigoted judges:

1. Jamshed Dasti lied about his degree and he is now a "qualified" candidate in Punjab.

2. A number of LeJ's sectarian killers are candidates under the banner of ASWJ in Punjab.

3. A man charged with murder and currently in jail is a candidate in Lyari.

I could go on and on.

What is the point of that post? The ECP is an independent body that governs elections, while Gen Musharraf is being tried by regular courts that cover civil and criminal law. These are two entirely different systems.

What is the point of that post? The ECP is an independent body that governs elections, while Gen Musharraf is being tried by regular courts that cover civil and criminal law. These are two entirely different systems.

It was the bigoted activist judges who decided on these issues, not the EC commissioners. These biased judges see it fit for any one with clear violations of article 62 and 63 to seek election while Musharraf is banned for life because he dared to challenge their corruption in 2007.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Familygate & Mediagate Scandals Broke on Youtube

Arsalan+Iftikhar+Case.jpg

It was the bigoted activist judges who decided on these issues, not the EC commissioners. These biased judges see it fit for any one with clear violations of article 62 and 63 to seek election while Musharraf is banned for life because he dared to challenge their corruption in 2007.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Familygate & Mediagate Scandals Broke on Youtube

Arsalan+Iftikhar+Case.jpg

That is the process laid down in the law, which was followed. While I understand why you have your personal opinions, in this case, you thoughts are increasingly lop-sided.

I agree with you that the judges are not being totally impartial, but they are the only legal remedy available, and the Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter, right or wrong.

That authority must be respected.

Publishing lists? Is that enough?

Let me give me you a few examples of who is considered "qualified" by ECP and Pakistan's bigoted judges:

1. Jamshed Dasti lied about his degree and he is now a "qualified" candidate in Punjab.

2. A number of LeJ's sectarian killers are candidates under the banner of ASWJ in Punjab.

3. A man charged with murder and currently in jail is a candidate in Lyari.

I could go on and on.

1-Jameshed Dasti got requalified because the qualification requirements were lifted by the parliament's resolution.
2- There is a difference in law about the definition of convict and accused. Anybody can be accused but unless there is no
conviction ordered by the court, the person cannot be denied the right of contesting unless proved otherwise.
3- Again, here is the list of eligible parties published by ECP. Do let me know when you find ASJW there. And yes if some contestant is contesting independently without any conviction proved from the court or otherwise.
4- Again the second point, whether the crime has been established or not by the court. Of course if he gets convicted during the course of his tenure, he will get disqualified automatically. There is no rocket science involved in this either.
Law doesn't weight personal beliefs and gut feelings but rather works on hard and concrete evidences.
Btw those are just not lists (except from the fake lists), you can check the tax history attested by FBR, ECIB report by SBP and View of NAB on the candidate. But for that you need to click on the candidate. Furthermore, you can also check whether the fake degree holders are allowed to contest or not by counter referencing. No rocket science here I guess.

1-Jameshed Dasti got requalified because the qualification requirements were lifted by the parliament's resolution.
2- There is a difference in law about the definition of convict and accused. Anybody can be accused but unless there is no
conviction ordered by the court, the person cannot be denied the right of contesting unless proved otherwise.
3- Again, here is the list of eligible parties published by ECP. Do let me know when you find ASJW there. And yes if some contestant is contesting independently without any conviction proved from the court or otherwise.
4- Again the second point, whether the crime has been established or not by the court. Of course if he gets convicted during the course of his tenure, he will get disqualified automatically. There is no rocket science involved in this either.
Law doesn't weight personal beliefs and gut feelings but rather works on hard and concrete evidences.
Btw those are just not lists (except from the fake lists), you can check the tax history attested by FBR, ECIB report by SBP and View of NAB on the candidate. But for that you need to click on the candidate. Furthermore, you can also check whether the fake degree holders are allowed to contest or not by counter referencing. No rocket science here I guess.

So let me ask you this:

1. Does the new law absolve Dasti of falsely claiming to have a degree in the last election in 2008? Did he not perjure himself by swearing under oath in 2008?

2. I agree there is a difference between allegation and conviction. Has Musharraf been convicted of anything yet?

That is the process laid down in the law, which was followed. While I understand why you have your personal opinions, in this case, you thoughts are increasingly lop-sided.

I agree with you that the judges are not being totally impartial, but they are the only legal remedy available, and the Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter, right or wrong.

That authority must be respected.

If the judges are not impartial, then there can be no fair trial guaranteed by the constitution of Pakistan. So any trial of Musharraf by these partial judges would be a violation of the constitution.

If the judges are not impartial, then there can be no fair trial guaranteed by the constitution of Pakistan. So any trial of Musharraf by these partial judges would be a violation of the constitution.

This is an age old problem Sir: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

You are correct that a farcical trial would be wrong, but we will need to go through the trial with the courts we have, not the courts we wish we had, to paraphrase Mr. Rumsfeld.

This is an age old problem Sir: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

You are correct that a farcical trial would be wrong, but we will need to go through the trial with the courts we have, not the courts we wish we had, to paraphrase Mr. Rumsfeld.

Justice Saeed us Zaman Siddiqui, a man of principle who refused to take PCO oath in 1999, has suggested South Africa style Truth and Reconciliation to resolve this situation where almost everyone involved shares responsibility for the events surrounding military coups and their legitimization.

Justice Saeed us Zaman Siddiqui, a man of principle who refused to take PCO oath in 1999, has suggested South Africa style Truth and Reconciliation to resolve this situation where almost everyone involved shares responsibility for the events surrounding military coups and their legitimization.

That is a very good proposal indeed and should be considered for implementation by the next Parliament.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom