What's new

Pakistan's allegedly Vindictive Judges' Relentless Pursuit of Musharraf

The lynch mob of vindictive right-wing judges ad lawyers is exposing Musharraf's life to great risk by confining him to one known location. Musharraf's blood will be on their hands if, God forbid, anything happened to Musharraf.

Here's Express Tribune report:

A car filled with explosives was found near former president Pervez Musharraf’s farmhouse in Chak Shahzad on Tuesday, Express News reported.

Stringent security checks were carried out around the farmhouse after the car was found.

The explosives in the car were defused and the car was shifted to Shehzad Town Police Station. The car was a Suzuki Mehran bearing registration numbers QM-749.

Explosives found under the car’s seats were attached to two detonators.

The Adiala Jail staff took administrative control of the plush farmhouse after it was declared a sub-jail by the Islamabad chief commissioner at a request of the local police. The move saved the former president from the indignity and risk of going to prison.

Earlier, the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan had threatened to use suicide bombers and snipers to kill Musharraf after his return to Pakistan. In a video message, the Taliban said that a special assault unit and a close combat team were also arranged for the task.

Explosives-laden car found near Musharraf’s farmhouse – The Express Tribune

The lynch mob of vindictive right-wing judges ad lawyers is exposing Musharraf's life to great risk by confining him to one known location. Musharraf's blood will be on their hands if, God forbid, anything happened to Musharraf.

Here's Express Tribune report:.......
Explosives-laden car found near Musharraf’s farmhouse – The Express Tribune

Oh please, stop being so filmi dramatic. Gen Musharraf knew full well the risk to his life when he decided to return to Pakistan. He is a commando after all, he is not afraid of death I am sure.

You lost me at 'faced everything as a true leader'. He compromised the sovereignty of Pakistan by allowing US drones then lied to the whole nation for 10 long years that he did not allow any drones. He gave USA bases and kept the country in dark.

For DHA residing population, every democratic leader is a devil.

My dear its not a dictatorship - laws will not be mended to suit your fancy definitions of whats legal and whats illegal.

just for the record, I didn't live in DHA
Second, CIA operated among us ever since Pakistan was created. Their activity really increased during Soviet-Afghan war. Do you seriously think that they would just give us money to train mujaheddin and not worry about us using that money to finish our nuclear ambitions!?!?
CIA drone operated over Pakistan during musharraf, BUT IN A VERY LIMITED MANNER!
When your beloved democratic Zardari took over the country in 2008, the numbers of drone strikes increased by 800% or more!

PakistanDroneStrikesMap.png

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. I rest my case.

Second, CIA operated among us ever since Pakistan was created. Their activity really increased during Soviet-Afghan war. Do you seriously think that they would just give us money to train mujaheddin and not worry about us using that money to finish our nuclear ambitions!?!?
CIA drone operated over Pakistan during musharraf, BUT IN A VERY LIMITED MANNER!
When your beloved democratic Zardari took over the country in 2008, the numbers of drone strikes increased by 500% or more!

PakistanDroneStrikesMap.png

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. I rest my case.

Rest you case after telling me why Musharraf allowed drones in the first place and why did he kept this nation in dark about his role in drones. PPP has already clarified that it has nothing to do with this sordid affair an PA is calling the shots.

During Afghan war Zia ul Haq allowed CIA to operate in Pakistan and proves my point that Dictators are American touts who sacrificed Pakistani interests for American designs in region.

When your beloved democratic Zardari took over the country in 2008, the numbers of drone strikes increased by 800% or more!

The number of drone strikes went up not because of Zardari, but because the USA stopped involving the ISI in its decision making to targets. The reason for that stopping was that USA suspected ISI of leaking information to the intended targets.

Oh please, stop being so filmi dramatic. Gen Musharraf knew full well the risk to his life when he decided to return to Pakistan. He is a commando after all, he is not afraid of death I am sure.

He did not expect the lynch mob of the Rawalpindi Bar, the kind that celebrated the murder of Salman Taseer, including judges like Shaukat Siddiqui, a key defender of the terrorists, appointed by CJ Inftikhar Chaudhry to Islamabad HC.

He did not expect the lynch mob of the Rawalpindi Bar, the kind that celebrated the murder of Salman Taseer, including judges like Shaukat Siddiqui, the lawyer of the terrorists, appointed by CJ Inftikhar Chaudhry to Islamabad HC.

Oh yes he knew what he was stepping into. That is why he has his own foolproof personal security. He will be fine, I am sure.

Rest you case after telling me why Musharraf allowed drones in the first place and why did he kept this nation in dark about his role in drones. PPP has already clarified that it has nothing to do with this sordid affair an PA is calling the shots.

During Afghan war Zia ul Haq allowed CIA to operate in Pakistan and proves my point that Dictators are American touts who sacrificed Pakistani interests for American designs in region.

Nope, PPP was fully committed to the drone program. The first thing Zardari did was to convince the US of supporting him as President. Inviting the US into internal affairs will have their consequences and Zardari knew it.
Musharraf was bad, but Zardari went two steps further in increasing the number of strikes against our own soil.

Musharraf was responsible for a lot of things, but PPP has pushed Pakistan into darkness and still claims to be a victim. They're all bad: dictators and the dictatorial democrats.

Oh yes he knew what he was stepping into. That is why he has his own foolproof personal security. He will be fine, I am sure.

My ill-informed opinion is that he had underestimated the level of hatred that the judges bear against him. Or perhaps he has very poor legal advisers.

My ill-informed opinion is that he had underestimated the level of hatred that the judges bear against him. Or perhaps he has very poor legal advisers.

You may be correct, but I am willing to given him more credit than that. He is a wily actor who knows what he is up to.

You may be correct, but I am willing to given him more credit than that. He is a wily actor who knows what he is up to.

Can't completely agree on this. Musharraf seems genuinely troubled and unprepared for the judicial onslaught. If he did expect something, then perhaps he didn't see it on this level.

Can't completely agree on this. Musharraf seems genuinely troubled and unprepared for the judicial onslaught. If he did expect something, then perhaps he didn't see it on this level.

There is plenty of time to see who is right, as the cases move through the courts. A lot will depend on who forms the next government. Gen Musharraf may be betting more on that than anything else.

There is plenty of time to see who is right, as the cases move through the courts. A lot will depend on who forms the next government. Gen Musharraf may be betting more on that than anything else.

But can he contest the elections this time? If not, what's the point in coming to Pakistan?

Who do you see helping him out and will it be worth the PR disaster ??

But can he contest the elections this time? If not, what's the point in coming to Pakistan?

Who do you see helping him out and will it be worth the PR disaster ??

His real strategy in coming to Pakistan may not be the elections since his party never stood a realistic chance. He may be a useful Trojan horse for his comrades-in-arms after all.

Pakistan: Musharraf interrupted | The Economist

Pakistan
Musharraf interrupted
Apr 19th 2013, 12:01 by A.R. | ISLAMABAD

Yet another, perhaps more convoluted, theory exists. Mr Musharraf’s trials may not have much impact on the coming elections, but could serve as somehow useful to the army in the post-election period. If Mr Sharif were to become prime minister after the elections in May, might the army want to dish up some sort of problem to distract him from the start? A big row over what to do with Mr Musharraf could turn out to be helpful.

Best explanation for what is going on with Musharraf is that Public is fed up and does not want another Dictator, they much arther an example is made out of Musharraf to curtail future adventurism. It is quite telling that you are residing in US a fully established democratic society and yet for your countrymen you favor the worst scum in shape of dictators. You should change the name of your blog to 'Zia ul Haq's Musings' :coffee:

AHEM! i am part of public and i am saying that Musharaf is/was way better than all these politicians combined, i don't want your ******* democracy i want to earn bread and butter in peace for my family which i NEVER get to do under democracy ... for sake of my family screw democracy and it's supporters. You keep talking about Zia ul Haq yet you forget to mention one of his pet ***** Nawaz Sharif who is now advocate of democracy?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom