What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Okay starting a new thread in the general part

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors of the past

Thread created at

Kv

Pakistan never "begged" for the carrier-based E-2 Hawkeye!
In fact, the US offered to sell E-2C Hawkeye which we refused because we wanted E-3 Sentry.

20 years or so ago there used to be a place called the Pakistanidefenceforum. Back then the PDF was for mature folks where serious discussions used to happen Usman Shabir was a great source of information for us all. I remember back then we used to pray and hope that Pakistan get AWACS and we begged America for the carrier based E-2 Hawkeye when India got the phalcons. Then Mushraf happened forcing us to To get eireyes and Chinese zdk 03. We went from one to 7~ 8, now we have 11 or more, I remember the first flight unofficial one of the JF-17 and the official one with a painT scheme of the Jf-17. Now Mashallah we have 150+ , with two seater version and block 3 is on the horizon , we have aerial refueling and so much more.

how things have changed. How Allah has been beneficent and merciful.

I do not think we need more rather it maybe be focal to upgrade existing assets especially the Zdk-03 to getter higher range and more connectivity capability. We could invest the money on more integration , better air defence and more

kv

Pakistan never "begged" for the carrier-based E-2 Hawkeye!
In fact, the US offered to sell E-2C Hawkeye which we refused because we wanted E-3 Sentry.
Could be, we were so desperate back in the day ...... well good we did not get any of the sanctions prone stuff

kv

what are the details and differences of Saad 2000 Erieye and the Chinese AWACS system, why Pakistan opted for more Erieye than Chinese Awacs?
Can both communicate with each other?
do their radars use the same frequency spectrum or a different band?

Not sure about the desperation part but we wanted to take advantage of the Afghan war (Soviet Jet intrusions into Pakistan). I think we should have accepted the E-2C as it would have propelled PAF into the AWACS era 3 decades earlier than we actually did and indirectly helped China in developing their own platforms much earlier and with better insight into western systems.

Could be, we were so desperate back in the day ...... well good we did not get any of the sanctions prone stuff

kv

Not sure about the desperation part but we wanted to take advantage of the Afghan war (Soviet Jet intrusions into Pakistan). I think we should have accepted the E-2C as it would have propelled PAF into the AWACS era 3 decades earlier than we actually did and indirectly helped China in developing their own platforms much earlier and with better insight into western systems.

I could be wrong here but my understanding was that the e -2 (naval aircraft) was offers for the first time to Musharraf As part of war on terror in 2003 he wisely decided to go for eireye and zdk-03. The air force was against the zdk-03

kv

No not in Musharraf's era, that was in early to mid-eighties in Zia's time.

I could be wrong here but my understanding was that the e -2 (naval aircraft) was offers for the first time to Musharraf As part of war on terror in 2003 he wisely decided to go for eireye and zdk-03. The air force was against the zdk-03

kv

Photo-3065.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom