What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Yep, I was on PakDef since the late 90s, good old days. I had many 'heated debates' shall we say, with Munir, that guy was something else, an ego so big he just couldn't get to grips with reality. Back then we were limited to discussing how the PAF would have to rely on anti-BVR tactics and fox-2 only capability against the hoard of BVR equipped IAF fleet backed up with AWACS and IFR...how things have changed, all thanks to a few visionary PAF ACMs (such as the late Mushaf Ali Mir) and with the support of Mushy's time in office.

Munir passed away few years ago.

I have read some where PAF is looking for follow up order on Chinese ZDk-03 as well but based on improvement and other customized parameters .Is it True ?

You can find Usman Shabbir and platinum786 on Facebook. I'm not sure about Londo Molari -- I never got his real name so I can't say. Ditto for 'Oqaab,' 'Tallgeese,' 'Sobank,' 'Amir Kiani,' and so on. There was also another Usman from the ezBoards forum that came before the original PDF.
There was another Moderator Psychosaint too.
I used to have discussions with M1Tanky and Zraver about tanks.
A troll showed up in the form of 'PiratesOfCarribean" who was nicknamed POC, who spammed the whole forum.
i forgot a member's name but i remember his signature," I imported a dog from India, for some reason it keeps barking at neighbours".
I think Webbys name was Mansoor and he asked for donations in 2006 i guess, those who donated got elite status as members.
Londo Molari made two videos for JF-17. The second video was all the world airforces uniting to fight UFOs.
I remember a member FaizanKhaliq who had started a scenario of blue land Vs Red Land in the Army section.
Must7 (real name Mustafa) died a few years after i joined, i met him in AbuDhabi, UAE.

good to connect with old friends, those were awesome times l I was wajman

good to hear very smart person. I was wajman

kv

leave you a blast from the past
Jas-39 Gripen Vs Sukhoi Su-30mki

kataphraktoi
Sep 8 2003, 03:01 PM

perhaps small correction is required here ....

OK guyz, can grippen (supported by awacs) Beat Su-30mki (supported by awacs)?

actually i read somewhere that Phalcon is superior to AWACS because it is mounted in the nose of the Russian Illyushin-76 and not as a rotor dome on top thereby making it more maneuverable? ....: ermm

Rahul
Sep 8 2003, 04: 04 PM

Sorry Guys.

Su30 mki has longer range tracking and engagement radar.

Longer range AAM for destroying planes at 200-300 kilometers.

Boats twin engines that can travel to 1500 miles away to fight.

Carries twice the payload ie between 9-12 missles.

Yet remarkably it is a relatively lightweight fighter complete with thrust vectoring control.

Highly agile

The gripen is my favorite looking plane in the world. But in terms of performance SU30MKI is bigger and more powerful.

The only plane superior to su30 mki today is Typhoon and Raphael.

When jsf & f22 they will be the best.

SU30 MKI with Phalcon is a deadly cobination.

GRIPEN IN paf colors with E3 Sentry is my dream

Iranian Warrior
Sep 8 2003, 05:23 PM

Gripens have one huge advantage. Their datalinks. The pilots will have a much better situational awareness .... Gripens can share info with eachother ..

Also Gripen has the AMRAAM, MKI has the Adder, so at BVR its very equal. In WVR, the HMS and Archer turns the favour to the MKI.

"The R-27ER/ET with thier 70 mile range probaly will "not hit the broad side of a barn""

You are basing that on Ethipia, Eritrea, where people are not so sure the missiles were maintained well, and were fired against Russian and Ukranian Mercenaries who knew the limitations of the missiles, and hence may have known effienct counter manuvers. The Chinese and Indians would not have bout 2000+ missiles if they were so ineffective....... Also bear in mind that the N-019 and N-001 of those MiG-29's and Su-27's were very prone to losing their targets, in which case the SARH missile would have no chance of hitting such a target..

We know how capable the AIM-54 C ECCM SEALED is, yet it has failed on the four occasions it has been used in combat with a sucess rate of 0%...

Anyway that said, you are right that the R-27 is not such a serious threat at BVR, but it has a huge advantage in getting first shot. The Pilot in the gripen, isnt gonna sit there saying, dont worry the missile will miss, he will move to evade regardless of how effective the missile is, he will take countermeasures., which leaves the MKI in a better position to fire the ADDER or ARCHER.....

As for "The only plane superior to su30 mki today is Typhoon and Raphael."

according to BAE, Typhoon has a 4.5:1 kill ratio against the Su-35, and the rafael has 1:1 ratio. Bear in mind that Su-30MKI is more combat effective than the Su-35....

"And F-15K and the F-15C MSIP II (AESA) of Alaska ............"

F-15K is nearly three times as expensive. Pick 3 MKI, or 1 F-15K ....

And the AESA eagles iN Alaska are 24 in number and will stay that ay from the looks of it ... Mind you though, would have loved to see those radars on a few F-15 ACTIVE ... remeber that supermanuverable project ????

Rahul
Sep 9 2003,

03:12 PM SU30 MKI HAS DATA LINKING HAS STANDARD.

a RECENT SURVEY IN HERE paf FORUM OF ALL WORLDS FIGHTERS su30 mki came above Gripen M, IRAGE 2000-5 AND LATEST F16 & WAS MATCH FOR VERY BEST F15 & F18 SUPER HORNETS.

I say again only aircraft superior to mki is Typhoon & Raphael possibly latest F15 & F18 ...

but grip [en def the best looking. and a must for paf IF ONLY .....

wajman
Sep 9 2003, 11:21 PM

sir i respect iran and her decdent in my opinion hey r people with balls no disrespect intended but some how i feel that you at a personel level have some reservations against Paksitan.

well r77 track record speaks for it self ie please check out the horns of africa war between ethopia and eritria. the missile was found to be ineffective that is why pakistan is probably intrusted in the darter series for its af

i thought the phinx of the us. navy had the longest range ie 90 ~ 100 MILES

ok now the phalcon radar is better than the americab e-3c scenetries a time tested awacs considered to be the best on the planet it was always said to be as capable tot eh naval version of the us. navy.

soeey about the mig-33 the finest fighter in russian af is the mig-31m foxhound intercepter and now a with a multirole profile as well. in its said that 4 mig-31s with data links can cover an area of 800kms. its said to be like a mini awacs which fights.

the russians did not induct the su-30s into their own af tells you something.

R-73, Python 4, Moskit, Granit, S-300, S-400, MICA.............
r-73 not relialble counterpart amram aim-120 is considered to be the best bvr missle inthe worls.

moskit = russian anit ship missle supersonic and all bet so far has no major kills toits credit while the harpoon has been battle tested

s-300 sam biggest enemy on this planet is the american advanced ant i radar missle i forgot the name. compared to the hawk missles. even iran has them though they had access to s-300and 400

ok so lavi would beat the f-16 which block r we are talking about.

Russia gives MKK, MKI which are not used by themselves. Israel gives Phalcon a good system though lets c what happens and Python 4 and Derby not neccarliy thier best probaly working on something better.

Hellscream
Sep 9 2003, 11:37 PM

my god u are seriously misinformed .........
that was the R-27 used in the African war not the R-77 ..

ummm the russians are inducting the Su-35 i beleive............what do u mean it tells u something ??
they run on a shoestring budget and cant afford to buy anything atwill.
or else even the Su-37 terminator would be in service.

R-73 is not the counterpart of the AMRAAM
: Lol:

first of all it is IR guided not Radar guided like the Aim-120
secondly it is more of a WVR missile ...........with HMS..
: Lol:
it is comparable to the Aim-9X

the Moskit is one of the finest Ashms in the world............dont beleive me ??
ask ur chinese friends.

the Python-4 was their best till the Python-5 came out.....
Wajman with that commandos game character as avatar ?

A troll showed up in the form of 'PiratesOfCarribean" who was nicknamed POC, who spammed the whole forum.
i forgot a member's name but i remember his signature," I imported a dog from India, for some reason it keeps barking at neighbours".
I think Webbys name was Mansoor and he asked for donations in 2006 i guess, those who donated got elite status as members.
Londo Molari made two videos for JF-17. The second video was all the world airforces uniting to fight UFOs.
I remember a member FaizanKhaliq who had started a scenario of blue land Vs Red Land in the Army section.
Must7 (real name Mustafa) died a few years after i joined, i met him in AbuDhabi, UAE.
Innanah lilialh wa Inna allehy rajaoon

as I said we were all young back then full of passion and in my case nievety. None of us could have ever believed that PAF will move so far along. Shoot down the raptor of the East and Do strike Mission in IOk. the JF -17 would become so formidable with the Smokey Russian engine and we would have massive amounts of awacs and Refuelers!

I cried with tears when I saw the alkahild -1, I imagine the immigration Baby coming to Pakistan on the back of a cart crying then 70 years later we get alkhalid -1

MashAllah we have a come a long way and Pakistan journey is beginning for greatnesses

kv

Last edited:

I remember that signature lol pretty legendary. Psychosaint was another great poster. Honestly, those were the days.

there was another member who used to say “oh bhens” or something similar, no idea what that meant.

I remember that signature lol pretty legendary. Psychosaint was another great poster. Honestly, those were the days.

there was another member who used to say “oh bhens” or something similar, no idea what that meant.
I can vaguely remember his name, Paguma Larvata.

Innanah lilialh wa Inna allehy rajaoon

as I said we were all young back then full of passion and in my case nievety. None of us could have ever believed that PAF will move so far along. Shoot down the raptor of the East and Do strike Mission in IOk. the JF -17 would become so formidable with the Smokey Russian engine and we would have massive amounts of awacs and Refuelers!

I cried with tears when I saw the alkahild -1, I imagine the immigration Baby coming to Pakistan on the back of a cart crying then 70 years later we get alkhalid -1

MashAllah we have a come a long way and Pakistan journey is beginning for greatnesses

kv
There was an Iraqi Sniper on roll against Coalition forces in those days, he was nicknamed 'Juba' in the media. I remember me and few others used to tease M1Tanky not to have a tour of Iraq otherwise Juba will get him in his cross hairs :laugh:

20 years or so ago there used to be a place called the Pakistanidefenceforum. Back then the PDF was for mature folks where serious discussions used to happen Usman Shabir was a great source of information for us all. I remember back then we used to pray and hope that Pakistan get AWACS and we begged America for the carrier based E-2 Hawkeye when India got the phalcons. Then Mushraf happened forcing us to To get eireyes and Chinese zdk 03. We went from one to 7~ 8, now we have 11 or more, I remember the first flight unofficial one of the JF-17 and the official one with a painT scheme of the Jf-17. Now Mashallah we have 150+ , with two seater version and block 3 is on the horizon , we have aerial refueling and so much more.

You mean PakDef? Pakistanidefenceforum came after and wasn't so serious.

I can vaguely remember his name, Paguma Larvata.
LULLDAPULL

That guy... Lol We had thick skins back in the day, but that guy still triggered everyone (including himself at times).

He was definitely crass, but in hindsight, 75% of what he said about the state of our economy and governance was correct. I also remember how much effort it took to get that guy banned rofl.

There was also Hellraiser. I think I have Psychosaint on FB -- his real name is Zeeshan. IIRC the guy was a legit Pak Army jawan who graduated into becoming an officer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom